Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
EK SE Classic or XSPC TX240

Sorry in advance (i know its repeated a lot) But out of these two radiator which is the best when considering fitment, thermals and noise

EK SE Classic : I understand that the EK SE classic is the exact clearance above mobo so their could be fitment issue, in practice has anyone actually had any issues with this
XSPC TX240 : Higher FPI so potentially requires higher speed on fans and slightly wider so potential fitment issues, again, has anyone actually had any actually had any issues getting it into the case and is the higher FPI actually an issue?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
EK SE Classic or XSPC TX240

Sorry in advance (i know its repeated a lot) But out of these two radiator which is the best when considering fitment, thermals and noise

EK SE Classic : I understand that the EK SE classic is the exact clearance above mobo so their could be fitment issue, in practice has anyone actually had any issues with this
XSPC TX240 : Higher FPI so potentially requires higher speed on fans and slightly wider so potential fitment issues, again, has anyone actually had any actually had any issues getting it into the case and is the higher FPI actually an issue?

These 2 are pretty close. The TX has slightly better perforamce (1-2 degrees IIRC), but can fit a third fan pretty easily, so difference might open up more.

Update on fan mods: this is how I did it, pretty easy.

And I have tried the Arctic P12, unfortunately, also hitting critical temps:

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Serious question: why are you people custom looping your CPU and GPU into the same 240rad?

Don't take this as calling you guys dumb or anything i absolutely admire your dedication and skill - I've never custom looped so i'm definitely intimidated to try it, but in my extremely inexperienced and probably smooth brained view wouldn't 240 rad in 3slot mode with the biggest card you can fit lead to better thermals and temps? more radiator and fans = more better right?

What am i missing here? educate me.

I know huda has like 2 2080s in SLI or some shit so I get it in that use case but other than that, am I wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Serious question: why are you people custom looping your CPU and GPU into the same 240rad?

Don't take this as calling you guys dumb or anything i absolutely admire your dedication and skill - I've never custom looped so i'm definitely intimidated to try it, but in my extremely inexperienced and probably smooth brained view wouldn't 240 rad in 3slot mode with the biggest card you can fit lead to better thermals and temps? more radiator and fans = more better right?

I know huda has like 2 2080s in SLI or some shit so I get it in that use case but other than that, am I wrong?
Depending on the components you choose, you can cool everything with a single 240mm rad, and you would get better thermals (especially for the GPU) and noise levels compared to a 240 rad and a 3 slot GPU. Also, I think some people go over the top just because they can (Dr. Hudacris for example)
For most people, a 240mm AIO and a 3 slot GPU will probably be just fine in terms of cooling, but for those that want the absolute best, they might go full custom watercooling.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020

I think you are talking about the 240AIO + 3-slot GPU configuration.
My opinion is, the thermal performance may not be as well as what you think it should be. And custom loop has the extreme flexibility and possibility to give you the better performance.
Maybe 3 more fans on GPU yields better thermal performance. But you need to know that all heat is dissipated into the case, which needs to be exhausted by the top fans. That means your CPU will not be cooled sufficiently.
In addition, custom loop takes the advantage that it's deadly silent. You only get two fans and a pump, which is much more silent than a 240AIO + 3-slot GPU.
Also, custom loop is much stronger than you think. At least it's better than an AIO with the same radiator size. With some tweaking (Undervolting and maybe decreasing the frequency a little), a 240 custom loop can really do most things.
About it's possibility, I'm also planning to build a custom loop and I've already got a feasible plan to have much larger size of radiator in T1 (Maybe 240 + 280 or at least dual 240). With that you can overclock both a 3950x and a 3090 to the almost highest point. That's what only custom loop can provide in a case small like this.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
Thank you.

I finally installed the fansssss.

Cable management is a disaster. It is definitely not as clean as fabio's tx120 ( ? ).
Ran a quick test and got 3~4C improvement @30% PWM (~3k RPM, which has similar noise level of full speed a12x15)
Will have more tests when I have time.

The other side is still good.
Hi @laplamgor
I've seen your build from reddit and just found that your are here!
I have a question about your custom transparent side panel. I'm curious about how it is mounted onto the case. I'm also planning to order a side panel, for both good looking and blocking air from passing through the CPU side (Yes I want this side to be sealed). So does your panel seal the CPU side well?

laplamgor

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2019
Hi @laplamgor
I've seen your build from reddit and just found that your are here!
I have a question about your custom transparent side panel. I'm curious about how it is mounted onto the case. I'm also planning to order a side panel, for both good looking and blocking air from passing through the CPU side (Yes I want this side to be sealed). So does your panel seal the CPU side well?
I just use double sided taps on the top and bottom.

It is sealed for 3 edges only. The back panel of the case is not touching the TG panel. There is a small gap for the thickness of the oem mesh panel.

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
I just use double sided taps on the top and bottom.

It is sealed for 3 edges only. The back panel of the case is not touching the TG panel. There is a small gap for the thickness of the oem mesh panel.
Well I think that's enough and I'm considering ordering an acrylic board. I think that fits well. Thank you!

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Has anybody shortened the power cable inside the case? I've inverted it and would like to but can't find a new low profile plug to fit the psu

wenyuax

Average Stuffer
Aug 16, 2020
?!?!?!?
What do you mean you NEED the cpu side to not be ventilated?
Sounds weird right? haha
I'm planning a negative pressure build. I'll put a large radiator at the GPU side and cool it using the top fan. That means I must seal the CPU side and the bottom side well so that most air can flow from the GPU side. The only concern is that the mother board may not be cooled sufficiently in this configuration. I'll test it's feasibility and whether I need to provide some air to the motherboard. Maybe I'll not seal all pores and flip the PSU to create an air flow at the CPU side.
If that succeed, this may be the most cool (both visually and physically) build and I can overclock everything in a 9.5L case. That's nice isn't it?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Sounds weird right? haha
I'm planning a negative pressure build. I'll put a large radiator at the GPU side and cool it using the top fan. That means I must seal the CPU side and the bottom side well so that most air can flow from the GPU side. The only concern is that the mother board may not be cooled sufficiently in this configuration. I'll test it's feasibility and whether I need to provide some air to the motherboard. Maybe I'll not seal all pores and flip the PSU to create an air flow at the CPU side.
If that succeed, this may be the most cool (both visually and physically) build and I can overclock everything in a 9.5L case. That's nice isn't it?
Do it!!