Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020

Slight change of plan....

Was sorting out the fit of the pump and realised that my current GPU is too long to fit (it's also too wide)!
So will just whack my old AIO in there for the time being - hopefully Ampere will not take too long.

Schoolboy error on my part. ?

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
It's 46mm - but there is a 1/4 stop fitting on the centre of one face of the magic cube which means that it's about 49.5mm at that point.

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I'd like FormD to offer a Gen4 riser cable for the T1, I'd be willing to shell out some extra shekels to be able to fully support my AMD Ryzen and 5700 XT. Is the availability of one in the works in the near future? Or should I look around to see if a 3rd party has a reliable Gen4 riser cable that fits in the T1?

Not on the priority list. If you'd like you can source your own, but it won't be offered with the case until 3M brings their version to market. But it sounds like you've sorted out your issue with the gen 3 riser by switching modes in BIOS.

Will you be able to buy panels in different colors? I bought the black on 7/31 but now I see gunmetal is finally available for November. Do you plan on releasing panels in gunmetal?

All cases come with the black mesh panels. Aluminum panels are Q4.

Any thoughts about the best cpu air cooler for this case (3 slot mode) if the cooler relies on case airflow. Would nhl9-65 fit, even if it’s 0,8mm oversized, or would a axp100 full copper be a safer choice?

Are you asking to run semipassive in the L9x65? As someone who has done this with a 3200g with 4x 40mm Noctua fans creating negative pressure to encourage air flow through the sink, don't do this. The fins on active heatsinks are too close together to be effective in passive and semi passive set ups.

Any consensus on what would be the "best" watercooled configuration for a maxed out system?
Le'ts say a 3950X and 2080Ti on water?
Mainly talking CPU block, radiator, pump and GPU block.
Has anyone tried the Alphacool NexXxoS ST25 by now?
Best set up is hardware labs GTS (if you're not afraid to mod it) and pump is DDC 1t plus pwm. Second best rad is TX240 with 3x slim fans.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@DrHudacris does that mean the e-white shipping in November (Q4) will come with white mesh panels ? or will they be black ? I kind of assumed white when ordering.

I'm not 100% sure about the color of the mesh... I should clarify I was referring to the aluminum slotted panels being available Q4.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
does anyone have a thought about cpu waterblock integrated in something like noctua NH-L12S ?

it seems like temps could be even lower in such setup ?

Confused here ... What exactly are you suggesting?

like transfer heat from cpu into waterblkock as well as into air cooler pipes.

actually it's just will make heat panel even thicker and decrease heat speed exchange.

never mind, bad idea.

I think he's suggesting a hybrid cooler.

yes
:)

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
@Whahah360: could you attach the (real) pictures of the different color sample cases to the first post? I know they are somewhere around 110ish pages back but have a hard time finding them.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
2020-06-14 Color Update!

Initially thoughts, Two Tone looks surprisingly ok on Black Mesh. Gunmetal Gray on Black Mesh turned out way better than I imagined. Silver alone haven't tasted yet.

Getting White color next week, will compare White vs Silver, then we can finalize the colors for this batch's preorder.

This one!

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
@DrHudacris does that mean the e-white shipping in November (Q4) will come with white mesh panels ? or will they be black ? I kind of assumed white when ordering.
For now we should assume that all mesh panels are black as seen on the sample picture above until further clarification from @Wahaha360 . We haven’t seen samples of the mesh in any other color yet.

Reactions: DrHudacris

redzr9

Cable Smoosher
Apr 8, 2020
Hi @gwertheim. I plan to order the e-white or gunmetal version and have it shipped to my sister who's in Malaysia since shipping to the Philippines isn't an option yet. Is it possible to change shipping address after pre-ordering? Since it will be shipped in November things might change regarding shipping to other countries. Thanks.