Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I ended up going with the L12S and the noise reduction is AMAZING. Currently folding@home in quiet delight :)

Thanks for the advice!

Happy to have been of assistance!

@Brude27 nice! But get some chromax models of those fans in there! :D

For sure. I couldn't justify ordering $100 in fans just for the color at the moment, though haha! The custom sleeving I have needs the all black inner treatment, so it'll happen one day soon. :)

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
For those of you who have yet to follow Alphacool on Facebook...

@Wahaha360 : Have you heard anything about this; will it keep the exact same dimensions as the lt240?

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
For those of you who have yet to follow Alphacool on Facebook...
Bah, still including a quick disconnect. Looking forward to seeing the radiator/pump specs though (fingers crossed for ports on both sides of rad reservoir).

In other water cooling news, TPU released a review of the EK-AIO 240 a few days ago and it looks like it lags behind the LT240 a bit in performance in their testing. Still good value (if you're into RGB), but if you're min/max'ing then obviously it makes sense to just go with the shorter pump/rad of the LT240 for better performance and compatibility within the T1.

Reactions: DrHudacris

gorthox

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
Do we have any data on how fast the T1.0 sold out? Would we be able to use that as a rough idea of how fast the T1.1 will sell out or are there too many differences between the two sales to compare them directly like this?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Back to basic!! Tried again the F12 to have a black scheme, but the temp are worse, so, NOPE, I need to stay with the best fan ever made. ?
Then, I've figured out why my DDC 3.25 PMW rewired to a 4 pin fan connector wasn't changing speed:

These MOFO of EKWB have used a standard wire colour's scheme, black, yellow, blue green, BUT, they have inverted the blue and green.
So the correct PMW wire is the green.

It is enough keeping it between 30 and 50%, the flow is incredible high! So at higher speed actually you can hear sometime splashing the water inside.
Till now, the BEST DDC ever had is the EK MX 3.1 PMW, that I guess is a Laing DDC 1T PMW with different controller.

When my Watercool GPU block arrives I try if the VTX fits (EKWB is sending me a new one) (The GPU block is shorter, aligned with the PCB of the GPU).
BUT to mount it, because higher, I will need M4 screws of 40mm.

I've found space for a drain/fill valve!

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Back to basic!! Tried again the F12 to have a black scheme, but the temp are worse, so, NOPE, I need to stay with the best fan ever made. ?
Then, I've figured out why my DDC 3.25 PMW rewired to a 4 pin fan connector wasn't changing speed:

These MOFO of EKWB have used a standard wire colour's scheme, black, yellow, blue green, BUT, they have inverted the blue and green.
So the correct PMW wire is the green.

It is enough keeping it between 30 and 50%, the flow is incredible high! So at higher speed actually you can hear sometime splashing the water inside.
Till now, the BEST DDC ever had is the EK MX 3.1 PMW, that I guess is a Laing DDC 1T PMW with different controller.

When my Watercool GPU block arrives I try if the VTX fits (EKWB is sending me a new one) (The GPU block is shorter, aligned with the PCB of the GPU.
BUT to mount it, because higher, I will need M4 screws of 40mm.

I've found space for a drain/fill valve!

In your testing, does the XSPC TX outperform EK SE classic?

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Do we have any data on how fast the T1.0 sold out? Would we be able to use that as a rough idea of how fast the T1.1 will sell out or are there too many differences between the two sales to compare them directly like this?

It was pretty quick, I think maybe just 3 days or so despite only being available in China.

I don't think there have been any announcements made regarding quantities, but my impression is that it is pretty likely to sell out immediately. The subreddit alone has almost 500 subscribers. I'm hoping that even if it sells out that you'll be able to still pre-order for future batches.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Well... I woke up extra early this morning (not by choice) and found my PC unable to boot. I opened it up and found no obvious issues, and tried to boot again with success! I played some games for a bit, and everything was fine. Off to work I went!

I got home from work and my PC wouldn't boot again... My suspicion was the M2427 connector, so I took everything apart, reinstall the stock 24 pin connector and found my suspicions were correct. I'm not sure what is wrong with my M2427, but I no longer recommend it as a product unfortunately. I was hesitant to use it for several reasons to begin with, and I should've just listened to my gut instinct. I find enjoyment showing those stock cables who's boss anyways!

Anyways, after another evening of working on this build, this is the final (yeah right) iteration of my T1 build for a while:

This is no @fabio build, but I'm very pleased with the outcome! I hope this helps future T1 owners decide how they'd like to plan for their builds, and I'll get some temps to share with you over the weekend.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Well... I woke up extra early this morning (not by choice) and found my PC unable to boot. I opened it up and found no obvious issues, and tried to boot again with success! I played some games for a bit, and everything was fine. Off to work I went!

I got home from work and my PC wouldn't boot again... My suspicion was the M2427 connector, so I took everything apart, reinstall the stock 24 pin connector and found my suspicions were correct. I'm not sure what is wrong with my M2427, but I no longer recommend it as a product unfortunately. I was hesitant to use it for several reasons to begin with, and I should've just listened to my gut instinct. I find enjoyment showing those stock cables who's boss anyways!

Anyways, after another evening of working on this build, this is the final (yeah right) iteration of my T1 build for a while:

This is no @fabio build, but I'm very pleased with the outcome! I hope this helps future T1 owners decide how they'd like to plan for their builds, and I'll get some temps to share with you over the weekend.
Very tidy, like what you did with the cables.

BTW, is that the NFC power button you mentioned a while back? I thought it would fit the T1, is it too big to screw in the chassis?

Reactions: Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Very tidy, like what you did with the cables.

BTW, is that the NFC power button you mentioned a while back? I thought it would fit the T1, is it too big to screw in the chassis?

Thank you, sir!

That is indeed the NFC power button! It fits the T1 threads fine, but the cable is too short to reach my mobo connectors. I found out that my crimping tool doesn’t work with PC terminals, so I’ll need to get a new one before I can make my custom cables and fix that button.

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you, sir!

That is indeed the NFC power button! It fits the T1 threads fine, but the cable is too short to reach my mobo connectors. I found out that my crimping tool doesn’t work with PC terminals, so I’ll need to get a new one before I can make my custom cables and fix that button.
Thanks! Now I remember that you mentioned it being too short before. Been waiting for the T1 power button but kinda tempted to get one of those. Only thing holding me back is that the T1 button is flat and sits flush with the chassis.

Reactions: Brude27

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thank you, sir!

Which NFC power button did you get?

Reactions: Truth

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Thanks! Now I remember that you mentioned it being too short before. Been waiting for the T1 power button but kinda tempted to get one of those. Only thing holding me back is that the T1 button is flat and sits flush with the chassis.
Yeah, I figure I’ll just wait for the real power button, and might turn this one into a reset button for the other side. Time will tell.

Which NFC power button did you get?
Josh was kind enough cut me a custom length when I ordered. I can’t remember what length that was now, though. I remember it was for my Ncase M1 I/O mod (I made a power button only I/O before it was a thing) and that’s 4 cases ago at this point.