Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I bought it used, and first owner claims it was delidded, yes! When I rebuild my T1 (when I finally have some time!) I think I will repaste and double check mounting pressure of the monoblock. Might even go direct die... But right now, not worried about the component temps, just surprised with coolant deltas. But I will test CPU/GPU like @fabio did in his tests to emulate. Won't be apples to apples, because my GPU pulls 250W and CPU 130W, and monoblock vs CPU block, and different pumps and, and and etc
I am curious as well!
Maybe is the pump flow also?
BTW, my gpu pulls the same amount than yours, maybe even a bit more.
And CPU is set and use till 145W.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I am curious as well!
Maybe is the pump flow also?
BTW, my gpu pulls the same amount than yours, maybe even a bit more.
And CPU is set and use till 145W.

I really do think it's the pump; GPX Pro Solo uses an older version of DCLT, supposedly inferior (same pump in GPX Eiswolf line). When I rebuild, I'll use Alphacool DDC 10 watt (recrimped to fan header, thanks @fabio for the idea!) In 1U reservoir that I sanded SSD brackets to fit (again thanks @fabio !)

SashaLag

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2018
What I am missing though? ? Other Ideas not covered from other users?

I have been a lurker from some times so far but... Would be awesome @fabio if you'll manage to make a table with every case you have covered, with every "change in configuration" you think are important listed on it. That would be really helpful for people like me who are following this thread trying to make a guess about which configuration allows for better thermals/noise.

In any case, really apprecciate the usefulness of this thread! Thank you to you and every other who has been a tester for this case!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I have been a lurker from some times so far but... Would be awesome @fabio if you'll manage to make a table with every case you have covered, with every "change in configuration" you think are important listed on it. That would be really helpful for people like me who are following this thread trying to make a guess about which configuration allows for better thermals/noise.

In any case, really apprecciate the usefulness of this thread! Thank you to you and every other who has been a tester for this case!
In my build log I put only the builds that I really liked, all the panel went in place, and works well! ??

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
Added 4mm magnet holes to the sides of the case frame, to better hold mesh panels in place. Magnets cannot be included due to air shipping limitations.

Couple of questions about this:

1) Does 4mm mean 4mm in height or in diameter?
2) Is installing these magnets as easy as click-and-go?
3) Without magnets, do the mesh panels stay in place well or are they prone to fall out?

Really excited to see this case in action!

Tried the search function / google drive doc to see that this has not been answered yet. Curious on the answers as well!

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
So, I went ahead and wanted to try if I can cramp the ASUS RYUO 240 in there, with radiator dimensions of 272x121x27mm.

While it's still WIP, as I am still waiting for ordered parts to arrive (I feel like I am waiting for new parts most of the time, still waiting for the power button I ordered in China, too, I guess the official one might get here sooner ^^), I wanted to show to you how it looks right now (I definitely need a more permanent solution for the LED strips, instead of taping them against some cardboard)

Last edited:

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Ok, next time don't leave me alone with my T1...

Because the A12x25 intake quite a lot of air from that side, why not to try to use the convection movement and see if another 120 "passive" rad improve the temp?

I mean, there is space, so...

You are friggin insane! Would love to see, if it makes any difference.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020

Because the A12x25 intake quite a lot of air from that side, why not to try to use the convection movement and see if another 120 "passive" rad improve the temp?

Lol, last night I was thinking about putting tx240 + 12mm / 15mm fan with 3 slot mode!

How is the temp?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Lol, last night I was thinking about putting tx240 + 12mm / 15mm fan with 3 slot mode!

How is the temp?
With smaller tubes it will work! But I didn't want to add other fans.

They will be blocked blocked by the GPU block, and I think is more efficient having the static pressure one on top moving the air.

A bit like what the Corsair One does.

About the temp, I got 3/4 degrees better than before actually! Now I will check the GPU!

If it continues to be good, I will move the radiator closer to the fan also! Missing only the Black Sterrox then!

(I have also in transit a Watercool Heatkiller Block for the GPU - seems to be a lot better than the EKWB one)

Last edited:

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

I had a similar thought but on the PSU.

In Two slot mode you could use the PSU fan to draw air though it.

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020

Please tell me what clearance from the video card to the radiator in millimeters, if possible
Thanks

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What are you planning now??
Ahahahahah, nothing! It's not worth it a fan IMO. And with my thick tubing will be a pain to route them ?
Adding this 120 was so quick and easy!

And nothing is custom, everything is made with commercial part. ;)

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Same! 3 degrees better on the GPU as well. (This GPU it's so hot though, the water delta is 20 degrees!)

It's pretty good!