Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
You want to have it INSIDE the case? :eek:
Not the T1 inside a different case for now. hell If it meant being completely inaudible at idle then i'd be willing to do whatever as long as its inside the case. maybe itx cards with a full water block there would be enough space at the end lol

Reactions: fabio

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I really don't know how he was able to have the 30mm. With the EKWB 28mm (actually was more 28.6) I had push like hell to screw the top panel, and on the side you could see the gap between the top panel and the mesh one.

The LT240 rad is 25mm, which is what he modded into a custom loop iirc.
@fabio I think this guy did it

Hmm, if @optimumtech can fit his alphacool 30mm rad + 15mm fan (barely fit) total of 45mm

So tx240 20.5mm+ slim 12mm fan in push pull will be 44.5mm in total.. I think it will fit, BUT is it worth the hassle?

Didn't Optimumtech use an LT240? That has a 25mm radiator.

edit: I didn't mean to multiquote, but wth, I'll leave it as is.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The LT240 rad is 25mm, which is what he modded into a custom loop iirc.

Didn't he use an LT240? That has a 25mm radiator.

edit: I didn't mean to multiquote, but wth, I'll leave it as is.
He used an Alphacool ST30 V2 of 30mm

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
A push-pull setup on a 16FPI slim radiator (up to 30mm) IMHO makes absolutely no sense.

Low FPI is optimized for slow spinning fans...
Push pull is rather to get enough air through thick high FPI radiators.

You'd probably have to run push-pull on max speed on a thin low FPI radiator to get even a couple of degrees temp difference...

Reactions: bynio and fabio

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Is anyone running the Corsair H60 in 3 slot mode? How easy/ hard was it?
I am, there were no problems beside having to sand some of the radiator down to make it fit (but I think this was fixed in the 1.1 version of the case). If you have tall RAM (I am currently using Corsair LPX) then there is a high possibility that you will run into problems getting the tubes to fit in the case so you can close the side panel (only in 3 slot mode).

The only time I ran into problems was when I flipped my PSU and the bracket was pushing the tubes into the fans. This is fixed in the 1.1 version of the case though, and that will be the one that will be available to purchase in June.

You can find my posts on the build in this google doc that explain my problems, thoughts, and other things.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Guys, this is my last setup, and I can say is incredible, I am keeping it!

D5 set up with a range of 60-80% to have a minimum flow of 100l/h
Noctua A12x25 25-90%
Scythe Slim 20-60% (I want it quiet)
PBO tweaked at PPT 145, TDC 100, EDC 130
GPU Undervolted 925mv @ 1920 MHz

IDLE: 27dB (front at 30cm)
CPU LOAD - multithread, 16 core: 30-31dB (front at 30cm) - Blender Rendering 30min
GPU LOAD+CPU Single thread: 33-34dB (front at 30cm) - Heaven 4.0 loop 20min
(@threestripevida)

GPU

CPU

Last edited:

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I really don't know how he was able to have the 30mm. With the EKWB 28mm (actually was more 28.6) I had push like hell to screw the top panel, and on the side you could see the gap between the top panel and the mesh one.
But you should have watched all the helpful links, right? ? /s

The fans weren't screwed in, they were held in place by the top panel which was difficult to close and had a bulge.

I posted on Alphacool's forums asking if the LT240 radiator was available separately; they stated in a few weeks.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
But you should have watched all the helpful links, right? ? /s

The fans weren't screwed in, they were held in place by the top panel which was difficult to close and had a bulge.

I posted on Alphacool's forums asking if the LT240 radiator was available separately; they stated in a few weeks.
Ahahahahah, well, you didn't follow or read the full thread ? .
I did exactly the same, even with NO bracket to have 1mm more. Was super hell hard!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
A push-pull setup on a 16FPI slim radiator (up to 30mm) IMHO makes absolutely no sense.

Low FPI is optimized for slow spinning fans...
Push pull is rather to get enough air through thick high FPI radiators.

You'd probably have to run push-pull on max speed on a thin low FPI radiator to get even a couple of degrees temp difference...

On the contrary, push/pull makes more sense if you are runing at low rpms (lower noise levels with better airflow than same rmp with single fan). As you ramp up the speed of the fans, both push/pull and single fan, the delta between the two config decreases. But at this is probably pointless in a slim rad, there is some discusion to be had on thicker rads which is not the case

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I'm also very surprised how OT fit 30mm+15mm in there.. even with my current set up (TX 20.5mm + A12x15 + Phanteks Halo 6mm = 41.5 mm) I could not use all the screws as it required a lot of force and I didn't want to bend the panel. I'm just using 2 screws per fan and I had to push a little bit to screw in top panel.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm also very surprised how OT fit 30mm+15mm in there.. even with my current set up (TX 20.5mm + A12x15 + Phanteks Halo 6mm = 41.5 mm) I could not use all the screws as it required a lot of force and I didn't want to bend the panel. I'm just using 2 screws per fan and I had to push a little bit to screw in top panel.

BTW, I’ve checked your pics more in detail, and I don’t understand why your coolant temp are so high!!! 50 degrees is a lot!!!

Did you solve it?