Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
There are a lot of test that say it has a decent flow for CPU+radiator.

The Disconnnects could be a reason.
Alphacool somewhere said it would be quite sensitive for more resistance than in the provided loops. Maybe that's what you're experiencing?

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
My setup was
2x TPV 90degree on the cpu block
2x TPV compression fittings on the tx240
1 set tpv quick disconnect

Maybe the radiator or the quick disconnect were the limiting factor .
I will try replicate @optimumtech 's build and also try another radiator/tube/quick disconnect, since I have magicool 240 (27mm maybe will fit in T1), ZMT 10/16tube, barrow quick disconnect.

Reactions: Gerold

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Just speculation:

Quick disconnects could cause less flow rate. But I don't think it should be major. Same goes for the rad you're using.
They said additional components could be problematic but you're using standard one.

So there might be a ptoblem with your pump.

I heard AC has some QC issues recently.

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
I hope it's not a pump problem.. if it is, I need to buy a new one, since sending it back would cost me same as new pump ?

laacv17

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 23, 2020
IVE been checking this project for months and my account just got approved yesterday! I’m ready to buy it know lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Gerold

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
do you think with a tubing run similar to what Optimum tech did it would be fine?
I have to check first without the flow meter, having a simple or straight curve. Then I will try without the quick disconnect or with a different model.

I was using the DC-LT in my first build (I also check a bit the flow with a spinning one and I remember was ok.).
But In that build the pump was near the radiator to have more pressure in the most restrictive component of my build.

But It's not the tubing cross section, the LT come already with 8/11 mm tubing with the options to add a GPU as well in the loop.

I think I need more test I guess!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@max31092 @xkruz I am quite sure the QuickDisconnect and the flow meter are the reason, But I have to check this.

My setup was already let's say restrictive for the D5 IMO. I've tested the flow at certain percentage of the pump, and for example at 50% I had only 65l/h.

But I can see that the flow is almost zero from the input output temp of the radiator! There should be 1C of difference, instead are like 5!??

The pump is running though, I can hear it! (I confirm that the DC-LT when used with a combo reservoir like the Eisstation DC-LT 40, or in any case out of the Eisbaer LT CPU block, is more quiet, and it is noticeable!)

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
SO, It's the radiator actually that is not cutting the CPU (16 core) and the GPU (Titan RTX). I will try the same configuration (Maybe one pump only??) With the EKWB SE Classic to have a double check!

I MEAN, it's super ok, but I would like to have the delta water temp 3 degrees less warm.

With only the CPU I am pretty sure it will be ok. (I will not try it because I don't want to put again the stock cooler on the GPU :D)

Last edited:
Reactions: bynio

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
SO, It's the radiator actually that is not cutting the CPU (16 core) and the GPU (Titan RTX). I will try the same configuration (Maybe one pump only??) With the EKWB SE Classic to have a double check!

I MEAN, it's super ok, but I would like to have the delta water temp 3 degrees less warm.

With only the CPU I am pretty sure it will be ok. (I will not try it because I don't want to put again the stock cooler on the GPU :D)

What were the final temps for both the cpu and gpu? I can only see the 45c for the gpu.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What were the final temps for both the cpu and gpu? I can only see the 45c for the gpu.
I didn't test the GPU, in general never went above 63 in every configuration I did. (With better rad stay at 56 under load, just FYI).
I am testing mainly the radiator and the pump at the moment!