Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh boy, now I know why OptimumTech and a lot of people is having the fans on top and the radiator on the interior side! It took me 1/2 of the time to rebuild the system in this way! ? .

I will test now the Coolstream SE with the Noctua A12x15mm and after with the Scythe KazeFlex Slim!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I was actually wondering, how many of you are planning on frequently transporting the case or moving it around?

Personally, I plan on using it as a gaming and work station, while occasionally popping in a backpack to show off VR to friends.
I don't take a lot of trips to places, but when I do (maybe 7 trips every year, except this one, max) it is helpful to be able to bring my full system instead of a less powerful laptop. I'd rather spend a lot on a small but powerful computer, than spending the same amount on a mid-range desktop and a less-powerful laptop. So while the computer will spend the majority of it's life on the same desk, it is nice being able to bring it to places when I do need to.
Also, now that I have a portable setup, not just my computer, maybe I can get some friends together and have some lans, but it might be a while before I can do that.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Ok, whoever got intel parts for their new build over the last couple of weeks should be kicking themselves now. You now have 0 upgrade path if you want a next gen intel CPU.

This is a lesson in patience.

In short - no, they shouldn't be kicking themselves.

I'm not sure exactly what this post is intended to accomplish other than trying to make people feel bad. When I upgrade systems I typically upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM together because of how much time has elapsed between builds. I was dead set on a 3700x until I considered the only time I stress my PC is while gaming, so that made the 9700kf the ideal choice for me when I bought it about a month ago. I would buy it again today because anything new to the market in the past month is still in the early adopter phase and doesn't have a proven track record yet. I don't have any regrets. There is always going to be a next best thing coming along. You can always wait to upgrade if your system is functional. The system I upgraded from was server hardware from 2012. I waited a very long time to upgrade, which is the thing to do from a value perspective.

I can't speak for the community, but my build from planning to test bench was about 2 months in the making, and at this point I'm still waiting for the GPU water block to arrive and the case to go on sale. I wouldn't say there is any lesson in patience here with the normal progression of how quickly new technology is developed and brought to market. Most people with experience building PCs (and I would venture to guess a lot of those who don't have any experience) know that something better will be coming out probably sooner than later. Don't feel bad.

Which Intel CPU did you buy? :p

0Zx

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
In short - no, they shouldn't be kicking themselves.

I'm not sure exactly what this post is intended to accomplish other than trying to make people feel bad. When I upgrade systems I typically upgrade the motherboard, CPU and RAM together because of how much time has elapsed between builds. I was dead set on a 3700x until I considered the only time I stress my PC is while gaming, so that made the 9700kf the ideal choice for me when I bought it about a month ago. I would buy it again today because anything new to the market in the past month is still in the early adopter phase and doesn't have a proven track record yet. I don't have any regrets. There is always going to be a next best thing coming along. You can always wait to upgrade if your system is functional. The system I upgraded from was server hardware from 2012. I waited a very long time to upgrade, which is the thing to do from a value perspective.

I can't speak for the community, but my build from planning to test bench was about 2 months in the making, and at this point I'm still waiting for the GPU water block to arrive and the case to go on sale. I wouldn't say there is any lesson in patience here with the normal progression of how quickly new technology is developed and brought to market. Most people with experience building PCs (and I would venture to guess a lot of those who don't have any experience) know that something better will be coming out probably sooner than later. Don't feel bad.

Which Intel CPU did you buy? :p

0Zx

I am at a point in my life where I don't need the latest and greatest. I am using a 8600k from my last build and I am content with that for my needs until I need something with more power(for editing/rendering). I have found over the last 3 years around this community that the kids want the latest and greatest and there's nothing wrong with that.

What I am trying to say is don't rush on gpu/cpu/mobo (SSD, ram, fans etc buy at a good price), take your time and buy when you know you will have 100% of your build.

I was not my intention to make people feel bad. If it came off like that, I'm sorry.

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
I was actually wondering, how many of you are planning on frequently transporting the case or moving it around?

Personally, I plan on using it as a gaming and work station, while occasionally popping in a backpack to show off VR to friends.

I plan to use it strictly for VR in the living room. I'm planning on setting it up horizontally in the TV cabinet. The only way my fiancee will let me have it in the living room is if nobody can see it :p

• Haha
Reactions: UnitScott

RulingPolecat7

Case Bender
New User
Mar 30, 2020
The website is literally an email sign-up page at the moment.

Right, for when the site itself goes live, not the product we're here discussing.

I would hope that the site goes live before the product goes live, to ensure that they site works correctly.

Otherwise....well that's just bad practice and will undoubtedly lead to a crashed website before anyone can actually get an order in.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Right, for when the site itself goes live, not the product we're here discussing.

I would hope that the site goes live before the product goes live, to ensure that they site works correctly.

Otherwise....well that's just bad practice and will undoubtedly lead to a crashed website before anyone can actually get an order in.

That would be nice for various reasons, but, as a web development professional, I disagree that it would "undoubtedly lead to a crash...". Functionality can be tested well before go live (via pointing DNS at a new production server, a maintenance outage that involves restricting internet access while testing the content published to the production server, among other methods) however they are going about it. Load testing can be done well before go live as well, and there are scalable web services like AWS to help with the initial onslaught of traffic.

Reactions: kazuma86

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That would be nice for various reasons, but, as a web development professional, I disagree that it would "undoubtedly lead to a crash...". Functionality can be tested well before go live (via pointing DNS at a new production server, a maintenance outage that involves restricting internet access while testing the content published to the production server, among other methods) however they are going about it. Load testing can be done well before go live as well, and there are scalable web services like AWS to help with the initial onslaught of traffic.

What he said plus other things are being done to make sure everything is going smoothly. The site is locked off because as of right now it's not done yet. @Wahaha360 will open it up when the case is ready to sell in June. Going to the site any earlier than when he says it open is pointless because you won't be able to buy anything.

Reactions: Gerold

hieros

What's an ITX?
New User
May 1, 2020
Are there any images of how that water distribution plate would look in the case? I really want the T1!

Kettun

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 4, 2019
I've been looking at this thing for a while now, That distro plate looks very sexy. I'l definitely try and get one of those with it. switching to liquid in such a small case is going to be very very cool.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I work remotely as an architect and I move around a lot so having a PC that can fit in a backpack and is plug and play ready is ideal for me... I've been working on my 2014 razer blade pro and it's on its last legs
So while the computer will spend the majority of it's life on the same desk, it is nice being able to bring it to places when I do need to.
I did a little research on backpacks, because I also plan on moving the case occasionally.
As I don't own the case yet, I can't speak for it actually fitting.
But I tried to consider the aesthetics of the case and the sizes of the packs plus the possibility to add a little padding even.
You can find the links in the "link sheet by @threestripevida" under "possible carry solutions".
If anyone wants to add packs, feel free to hit me up. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kazuma86

Tiddles

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2020
I'm so sorry to ask a noobie question, but I've searched high and low through this thread for an answer and I cannot seem to find one.

I am buying a new CPU cooler for my 3700x as the Wraith Spire is annoyingly loud. I see that a 120mm AIO is recommended so I'm going over my options. Would a Corsair H80i v2 fit in this case?

Just trying to give myself some thermal headroom. The H60 seems to be capable enough to cool the 3700x, but I'm just being sure! I'm looking specifically at Corsair due to price and local availability.

Thanks in advance! :)

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I'm so sorry to ask a noobie question, but I've searched high and low through this thread for an answer and I cannot seem to find one.

I am buying a new CPU cooler for my 3700x as the Wraith Spire is annoyingly loud. I see that a 120mm AIO is recommended so I'm going over my options. Would a Corsair H80i v2 fit in this case?

Just trying to give myself some thermal headroom. The H60 seems to be capable enough to cool the 3700x, but I'm just being sure! I'm looking specifically at Corsair due to price and local availability.

Thanks in advance! :)

that won’t fit. The radiator is too thick and you won’t be able to even get a fan on there. Optimum tech showed the H60 was plenty for a overclocked 9900k.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
yeah besides it won't fit, that's pretty much just overkill imo :)
If you've got a 2-slot GPU I'd say just go with an L12S and you are good (with enough headroom and low noise).
You could even go for a 92mm fan instead of the 120 to get better ram clearance. Another option would be the Alpenföhn Balck Ridge with a 92mm below and 120mm on top.
@Brude27 did some tests with those two coolers on a 9600k (95W TDP) getting to around 70°C - so there should be quite some headroom :)

Last edited:

Tiddles

Cable Smoosher
Mar 24, 2020
yeah that's total overkill :)
If you've got a 2-slot GPU I'd say just go with an L12S and you are good (with enough headroom and low noise).
You could even go for a 92mm fan instead of the 120 to get better ram clearance.

Good point. I have a Powercolor 5700XT which is *slightly* thicker for a 2 slot GPU due to an included backplate, but indications from this thread say it'll fit in the 2 slot GPU config.

My main concern is noise as the Wraith cooler is driving me nuts. I'll look into the L12S! :)

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I'm pretty confident that the L12S or even the BR with two fans make less noise than the stock coolers.
When in "idle mode" you could even stop the fans with custom fan curves and make the system pretty much inaudible - (when browsing or other non demanding tasks).
Should make less noise than a pump running constantly (at least in regards to a 65W CPU).

Last edited: