Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
2020-04-24 Update: Can't keep up with so many new posts. Created r/FormD - upvoting and downvoting feature will helps us prioritize response to questions and issues

This is meant to help ease congestion on this forum thread, not replace it.

Still working on the subreddit, will open to public when we are ready.

I think you're a mind reader because I was just trying to find this on reddit and found it didn't exist.

Reactions: Truth

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
2020-04-24 Update: Can't keep up with so many new posts. Created r/FormD - upvoting and downvoting feature will helps us prioritize response to questions and issues

This is meant to help ease congestion on this forum thread, not replace it.

Still working on the subreddit, will open to public when we are ready.

So updates and surveys will still be posted on this thread?

Last edited:

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I did contact EK about this, but they said they won't be making a monoblock for other (ITX) X570 boards unfortunately.
Maybe they'd consider it, if more people reach out :)
They've made blocks for the non ITX Aorus Master, Aorus Elite and Strix-E.

I've also accumulated some insights over time and will look into it if it's of any added value. Need to check first if you haven't added it already :)

The more info the better! Send me a PM and we can work on adding some more stuff to the document.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I think I am finally done with the useful links document (except for formatting). I tried making sure I gave credit to everyone that has posted a build log in the thread. There is a lot of stuff in this thread. If I missed anything or something needs to be removed then please let me know. It is a lot of links and I highly recommend that you read a page or two after some of the posts linked as there is some good posts after the one I linked.

@Wahaha360 feel free to post this on the sidebar of the new subreddit.

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
Hi y'all!

Pretty new to forums and still just an intermediate builder... but man!, this case has convinced me to get my feet wet (in more ways than one... oh yes, time to confront water cooling again - my arch nemesis)

Google Doc above is incredible btw... those builds have me salivating already...

P.S.: Any chance the T1 won't be able to fit some of the upcoming RTX 3000 series though? Or does the 3 slot configuration eliminate that possibility? Anyways, guess they have to announce those cards first... :/

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Here are some close up shots. As you can see, I routed the tubes under the psu, 1 to the left of the plugs, 1 to the right, and then squeezed between the psu and front of the case. This way there’s only 2 bends and easy to place and remove.

Tubing I used was: Tygon R3400 - 8MM ID - 11.2MM OD - Black

How long of a tubing run is this?

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Hi y'all!

P.S.: Any chance the T1 won't be able to fit some of the upcoming RTX 3000 series though? Or does the 3 slot configuration eliminate that possibility? Anyways, guess they have to announce those cards first... :/

I don’t see FE/AIB 4 slot cards coming to GPUs for a while, if ever, considering they will be powered by more efficient nodes.

deepsheet

Case Bender
New User
Mar 20, 2020
Can't seem to find the dimension and weight of the packaging of T1. Does anyone have the measurement and weight with it?

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I'm also curious to know if there's any plans for the prior mentioned carrying case, because my sling bag for instance is only designed to carry an ipad pro 11 plus some smaller items, so the T1 is like 3 inches too long. For carry on, especially with a 240 aio such as mine will have, I just want to make sure it will be safe during transport, and this seemed the best solution.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I'm also curious to know if there's any plans for the prior mentioned carrying case, because my sling bag for instance is only designed to carry an ipad pro 11 plus some smaller items, so the T1 is like 3 inches too long. For carry on, especially with a 240 aio such as mine will have, I just want to make sure it will be safe during transport, and this seemed the best solution.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Hmm, thank you for showing me this! Wasn't aware sadly, but I will admit I had imagined something more industrial and compact such as the case, rather than a full scale backpack, I will probably need to make my own small form factor carrying box that is only for the case and maybe a keyboard with some minimal wires.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hmm, thank you for showing me this! Wasn't aware sadly, but I will admit I had imagined something more industrial and compact such as the case, rather than a full scale backpack, I will probably need to make my own small form factor carrying box that is only for the case and maybe a keyboard with some minimal wires.

Do your thing, whatever works for you