Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I also wonder of the utility of a distro plate in a SSFPC setting, since it is bound to increase the volume utilization (unless you use it to make up one of the case walls, unattractive in my opinion). It will potentially place more right angles in the fluid flow of the coolant, increasing the amount of work required of the pump (more noise?). I will admit that my water-cooling experience is limited to AIO CPU coolers, so I am also interested in hearing from more experienced builders on their opinions.
Makes sense to me at least.
Having a lot more right angles might destroy the benefit, tho, if tubing will really be easier it enables the better full waterloop for more people.
Also a lot might find the distro plate attractive in terms of looks.
I must admit, inside a case a distro plate looks nice, but the outside is kinda awkward with a full cncd case.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Curious to see how to mount the DDC! ?
BTW, what is a P5 pump???

DDC is mounted on the back of Distro Plate and also in front of GPU. I’m not done with backside CAD yet ?, so no renderings.

P5 pump is the OEM variant of EK’s SPC pump, and cheaper.

I think P5/SPC pump with PWM control could be a great option for people looking for cheaper alternative to the DDC.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
re: the Eisbaer LT240 - I ordered one direct from Germany 8 days ago and the order hasn't shipped as of today, and none of the local (US) resellers have them. It seems they are out of stock everywhere. If it doesn't ship after 14 days, Alphacool's policy is to cancel the order and issue a refund. I guess we'll see what happens.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
My Great and Mediocre Experience, so far...

The Good

Inspired by @fabio and his insane builds, I decided to try and get my hands on a T1.
While I always intended to buy one, the preorder delays have made it difficult for people not in China.
Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US.

This case is truly incredible. The thought that went into the design and the shear quality of manufacturing made it a joy to build in.
It is, hands down, the BEST and highest quality SFF case there is. I would think the NCASE M1 is a close second.

I have a very similar build to @fabio.
Spec:
  • Ryzen 9 3950X
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-i
  • Radeon RX5700XT
  • EKWB Magnitude CPU Block
  • EKWB Radeon GPU Block
  • EKWB 240mm Rad
  • DC-LT with Eisstation
While I'm no stranger to SFF, this is my first custom loop ever. The 5700XT is great for gaming. I would've used my WX8200 but unfortunately there is not water block support for it, that I know of. Maybe I will go the NVIDIA route down the route to a Titan or Quadro card for my modeling work.
@fabio thank you for your posts and incredible out-of-the-box thinking. I likely would not have made the jump into this case as quickly as I did had I not seen what it was capable of.

The Bad
Eager to get everything together, I assembled the entire PC in the case.
Looking back, I DEFINITELY should've bench tested everything.

Unfortunately it seems like my riser cable is dead. No video even though the computer POSTs.
Tested with the Ghost S1 riser and video outputs properly but the GPU side of the cable is a bit taller than the ADT so it doesn't fit in the case.

So now, I'm unfortunately stuck. Lead times to get anything from Amazon have become extremely long and I don't have another source for the ADT riser.

Does anyone have a spare, or a good source for them? I'd love to get one so I can start using the machine!

If you can’t get the ADT riser in the US, I might have one, but since I’m not home, might need someone else to look for me, so might not be the fastest option.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Makes sense to me at least.
Having a lot more right angles might destroy the benefit, tho, if tubing will really be easier it enables the better full waterloop for more people.
Also a lot might find the distro plate attractive in terms of looks.
I must admit, inside a case a distro plate looks nice, but the outside is kinda awkward with a full cncd case.
Thank you for your response. I actually posted my question one minute after @Wahaha360 indicated that tubing runs would be easier. I will await the final renderings to see what he comes up with, before I give it any consideration. He has definitely changed my appreciation of what a good SFFPC case should look like, so he gets the benefit of the doubt. I will not deny that I prefer a clean, quiet, unobtrusive case, so a distro plate might not be in the works for me.

Again, thank you for your response.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
DDC is mounted on the back of Distro Plate and also in front of GPU. I’m not done with backside CAD yet ?, so no renderings.

P5 pump is the OEM variant of EK’s SPC pump, and cheaper.

I think P5/SPC pump with PWM control could be a great option for people looking for cheaper alternative to the DDC.

Are DDC and SPC/P5 interchangeable? Or will there have to be different versions of the distro?

biggieprollz

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 25, 2020
If you can’t get the ADT riser in the US, I might have one, but since I’m not home, might need someone else to look for me, so might not be the fastest option.

I've ordered the 3M riser as I'm able to get it by Tuesday, thankfully.
@fabio thanks for the recommendation. Seems like it's the best riser on the market.

Looking forward to the distroplate option. You've really designed an incredible case.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you for your response. I actually posted my question one minute after @Wahaha360 indicated that tubing runs would be easier. I will await the final renderings to see what he comes up with, before I give it any consideration. He has definitely changed my appreciation of what a good SFFPC case should look like, so he gets the benefit of the doubt. I will not deny that I prefer a clean, quiet, unobtrusive case, so a distro plate might not be in the works for me.

Again, thank you for your response.

The distro does not replace the the original front lid. I believe it is intended to be an optional accessory.

Reactions: Wahaha360

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Are DDC and SPC/P5 interchangeable? Or will there have to be different versions of the distro?
It is a thing that I never understood! I have both, maybe I can give the SPC with a DDC top a try? But when I’ve looked has seemed to me that the in/out is a bit different

Reactions: DrHudacris

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
The distro does not replace the the original front lid. I believe it is intended to be an optional accessory.

Has anything been said about this?
I would think if you wanted to order and have the distro plate, this would replace the front lid. Because if not then it might not be space enough for the front lid, the distro plate and the DDC pump at the back of the gpu!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
re: the Eisbaer LT240 - I ordered one direct from Germany 8 days ago and the order hasn't shipped as of today, and none of the local (US) resellers have them. It seems they are out of stock everywhere. If it doesn't ship after 14 days, Alphacool's policy is to cancel the order and issue a refund. I guess we'll see what happens.

Wrong link

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Has anything been said about this?
I would think if you wanted to order and have the distro plate, this would replace the front lid. Because if not then it might not be space enough for the front lid, the distro plate and the DDC pump at the back of the gpu!

I meant, for someone that cares about the clean CNC aluminum only appearance, the distro is not mandatory.

A point was being made that "this is a case with a distro plate, thus it must accommodate a wider range of radiators" and a second point of "a distro plate will clash with the clean appearance of an otherwise all CNC case".

I think this case is not, by default, a distro plate case. The stock configuration is still all aluminum. I don't think it'd be fair to the air cooling folks to have a case be even larger and/or be stuck with a distro plate they don't intend to use. It's simply an accessory and I don't think the case needs to be have several components redesigned. (Any enlargement in one dimension would require the redesign of a minimum of 4 components of the case).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wahaha360

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
How intrusive is pump noise? Looking to build in the T1 around a ryzen 3600 in 3 slot mode. Silence being the priority, I’m not sure whether I’d be better suited with a 120mm AIO or one of the sub 50mm air coolers... anyone have an input?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
How intrusive is pump noise? Looking to build in the T1 around a ryzen 3600 in 3 slot mode. Silence being the priority, I’m not sure whether I’d be better suited with a 120mm AIO or one of the sub 50mm air coolers... anyone have an input?

If your going to be using it in a sound sensitive environment like a recording studio or on a movie/tv set, it MIGHT be a small issue depending on how far you are from the set. If your using it at home or office, it should blend in with background noise over time. It will be subtle but not a big deal.

Reactions: PBJ

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
@Wahaha360 that plate looks great! Couple of questions - would the port at the top left of the right plate in the image (assuming I'm looking at it the right way) be blocked by the PSU?

Have you considered ports on the front of the plate to make it easier to fill/drain?

Reactions: DrHudacris

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
If your going to be using it in a sound sensitive environment like a recording studio or on a movie/tv set, it MIGHT be a small issue depending on how far you are from the set. If your using it at home or office, it should blend in with background noise over time. It will be subtle but not a big deal.
Sounds like coil whine is something this is comparable to. I expect the tone would be different but in terms of sound intensity would they be similar?