Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This was 2 months ago and it seriously sucks to buy a new riser cable to just have compatibility with the next gen cards :(
Yes, I am aware of the workaround like Ali mentioned in his video, but I personally do not endorse this hassle if this could be fixed with just the Formd team adding a proper riser to the case... but that's my opinion

We don't make the PCIe 4.0, we source it from another supplier.

The issue is no company can guarantee plug & play on PCIe 4.0, since they don't have RDNA2 yet. So until we can test for both Nvidia and RDNA2, doesn't make sense to release PCIe 4.0 riser.

Also, it's going to be a costly upgrade to PCIe 4.0, because 4.0 risers are USD30 to USD50 more. So expect a price jump.

Last edited:

sandrew

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2018
We don't make the PCIe 4.0, we source it from another supplier.

The issue is no company can guarantee plug & play on PCIe 4.0, since they don't have RDNA2 yet. So until we can test for both Nvidia and RDNA2, doesn't make sense to release PCIe 4.0 riser.

Also, it's going to be a costly upgrade to PCIe 4.0, because 4.0 risers are USD30 to USD50 more. So expect a price jump.
If you do at some point in the near future (it being understood that this would not be before RDNA2 launches next Wednesday, 11/18) offer a PCIe 4.0 riser option, and if at that time my existing order has not yet shipped (my original estimated shipping window is in the last week of December), would I be able to update my order, for an additional charge, to replace the PCIe 3.0 riser with the new PCIe 4.0 riser?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
BTW, I want to tell everyone that after 1 months trying a 120 AIO, Corsair H75 (2018) with a 3900X, I can suggest that IS the BEST solution for almost everything apart overclock.

I am using an Nvidia Titan in 2 slots mode (but even in 3 a lot this will work), 2 Arctic P12 in exhaust, curve setup “normal” in the bios.
1 NVME, 1 2,5 SSD
And the J-Hack 2427

It’s so fucking quiet and powerful.

Basically it for what this case was designed! 120 AIO. I don’t think I will switch config! Maybe a custom 120? Who knows?
But again, save this: the AIO 120 is the way to go for most of the people!

clementj

Efficiency Noob
Apr 23, 2020
BTW, I want to tell everyone that after 1 months trying a 120 AIO, Corsair H75 (2018) with a 3900X, I can suggest that IS the BEST solution for almost everything apart overclock.

I am using an Nvidia Titan in 2 slots mode (but even in 3 a lot this will work), 2 Arctic P12 in exhaust, curve setup “normal” in the bios.
1 NVME, 1 2,5 SSD
And the J-Hack 2427

Basically it for what this case was designed! 120 AIO. I don’t think I will switch config! Maybe a custom 120? Who knows?

Nice ! Do you have some pics of your build ? I'm very interested !

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020

1 NVME, 1 2,5 SSD
And the J-Hack 2427

And cheaper! lol

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

1 NVME, 1 2,5 SSD
And the J-Hack 2427

Are you ok @fabio?

nater.2003

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2020
Navic, who has tried both 120mm and 240mm rads, says that switching from 120mm to 240mm resulted in about 5C higher on the GPU, but 10C lower on the CPU.

Reactions: fabio

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Navic, who has tried both 120mm and 240mm rads, says that switching from 120mm to 240mm resulted in about 5C higher on the GPU, but 10C lower on the CPU.
This is correct, and I also couldn't run certain workloads without my CPU getting into the 90s almost instantly with a 120mm AIO (heavier rendering and prime95 small FFTs). On a 240 I rarely go above 85c after running those same workloads for about an hour or more. I just rendered a premiere pro video project a few minutes ago, and I didn't see the CPU go above 65c.
So I do agree that for most people a 120 will be fine (especially for gaming), but a 240 is still what I would recommend. They can be much quieter, have more control, and are generally of a higher quality (at least in my experience.)

Last edited:

sandrew

Efficiency Noob
Aug 21, 2018
If you do at some point in the near future (it being understood that this would not be before RDNA2 launches next Wednesday, 11/18) offer a PCIe 4.0 riser option, and if at that time my existing order has not yet shipped (my original estimated shipping window is in the last week of December), would I be able to update my order, for an additional charge, to replace the PCIe 3.0 riser with the new PCIe 4.0 riser?
For those who also had this question, the answer is no, because the PCIe 4.0 riser option will not be offered until Q2 next year.

In response to the question, "[Will] the T1 ... be updated to include a PCIe 4.0 riser cable?," @Wahaha360 responded in the FormD subreddit:

W460MOD said:
2021Q2.

Afaik, plug & play is not guaranteed with PCIe 4.0 and it cost USD30-50 more than PCIe 3.0. We are not going to offer it until sufficient test is done with both Nvidia RTX30XX and RDNA2.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020
Hey guys do we have any news on whether the 3090 Strix fits? I've tried searching but nothing conclusive came up

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Ok... so my plan was to wait for the hybrid RTX 3080 to launch, but wtf is this 240 AIO??!?! The tubes look insanely long for this case, so I don't know if this will be the route I go or not... I don't suppose I NEED a 3080, but maybe I wanted one, ya know?!?! I might be reconsidering this plan, but if I go for it... I'll definitely post about it. Don't hold your breath, though, b/c it's not like they'll be available to buy in time before the RTX 4000 series launches, anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: DrHudacris

T_Dawg

Chassis Packer
Sep 26, 2020
Ok... so my plan was to wait for the hybrid RTX 3080 to launch, but wtf is this 240 AIO??!?! The tubes look insanely long for this case, so I don't know if this will be the route I go or not... I don't suppose I NEED a 3080, but maybe I wanted one, ya know?!?! I might be reconsidering this plan, but if I go for it... I'll definitely post about it. Don't hold your breath, though, b/c it's not like they'll be available to buy in time before the RTX 4000 series launches, anyways.

Well now, that is interesting, and looks to be only 2 slots wide. But agreed that those tubes look far too long.