Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Honestly I see no downsides to it other than the fact i would place the psu with the fan facing outward.
The cables don't interfere with the fan on top. The motherboard cable is perfectly aligned and short as can be.
The other cable to the motherboard is long enough in this orientation.
Only real problem is that I want this too, but there's no bracket supplied for this orientation.
Actually, I remember there was in the V1 an easter egg to mount in that way the PSU!

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
I found it a bit confusing trying to remove the PC with quick disconnects from an external rad pump combo then have to re-enable the pump in portable pc. I can't leave both running since technically it would damage the alphacool lt solo pump since it can't handle all the external D5 pump's speed. It would damage the motor was my conclusion. Unless, someone has tested this in another case. Then, let me know.
I received advice from alphacool head of marketing (or at least a guy who claimed to be on reddit) last week that running a d5 pump external and dc-lt 2600 internal would not cause damage to dc-lt 2600. I received my case this weekend and have an lt solo pump as well as a dc-lt2600 in the mail with with which I will test. Hopefully I will have some real evidence in the next week or two when I have time to put my build together!

If anyone else wants to weigh in on this who has tried using a low powered pump in combination with a high powered please do!

Reactions: Madhawk1995

kmnvhs

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2020
instagram.com
Hey Guys, your case drive in Germany BUT do you really do test-shipping? In conclusion I have to pay nearly 300 Euro (230 Euro Case; 30 Euro GDSK taxes; 40 Euro taxes) for the case. Yes there was the 20 Dollar refund - thx. but I have to pay two times for taxes! 30 Euro (gdsk - because you don't ship with dhl, fedex, ups or something) and maybe 40 Euro for taxes. Feels realy bad man! This is my third indie off case BUT the first with so much trouble incase of shipping and double times taxes.
I bought the case m1 v6.1 (one times taxes), I bought the velkase velka 5 (one time taxes), so hope your check your shipping for the next batch.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Actually, I remember there was in the V1 an easter egg to mount in that way the PSU!
The "easter egg" still exists, but unfortunately it doesn't work because it puts the power supply connectors on top of the motherboard. It was the first thing I tried, but you need the PSU mounted as close to the front panel as possible (while also taking into account you need to be able to fit power cable between front panel and PSU) to be able to fit the connectors/pull cabling out.

I'm now using ~10mm L-brackets to mount mine to the two holes in the front panel in the 3-slot configuration. It holds the PSU firm, but not flush, so the connector side flares out a bit (I'm guessing the shorty cable is also a little too long) and I have to force the side panel on if I want to use it. Current pic-

And then @mfmunh came up with a really slick custom-made bracket for the 2-slot configuration and published the final version here.

Few things to for the 3-slot configuration-
  • there really isn't any extra room between the depth of the PSU and the side panel (it feels like it's 1mm of buffer), so trying to mount brackets to the center bar that place the PSU closer to the side panel results in the panel bulging
  • if you try and mount the PSU underneath the center bar (instead of flush against it), then you also run into issues with GPU backplates really fast
  • you can't mount the PSU too close to the bottom panel (or top if not flipped) because you'll hit the side-panel slot (or w/e, the thing that the side panels slides into) when you try and put the bottom panel on.
I'm really looking to forward to people more competent with this stuff getting interested in the rotated PSU because I'm just not the person to come up with an effective long-term solution. I did try just about everything imaginable using the leftover case parts to make the bracket work (so that it could be repeated by all), but after like 5 hours of trying things it just didn't seem possible without cutting into them or using additional parts. The L-bracket method is like a 50 cent solution that works well enough for now though.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
If you remember, I was able to fit below the 27mm Radiator a fan. In the beginning, I had the same issue, but I've managed to push the motherboard a bit more up enough to clean the space.
But, That fan so close to the motherboard, will be always noisy for turbulence. You should try, ONE slim fan above the TX with the taller bracket and ONE 25mm fan BELOW the TX. I think noise-wise and temps can be the best!
yes I'm gonna use the long brackets for the TX, test fitted the TX with 3x A12x25 yesterday and it did not go well, even without the side beams. So I'm fully back on 1x 25mm + 2x 15mm fans now. I'm gonna have all 3 fans on the radiator exhaust out the top, plus the long brackets like you said so there shouldn't be any turbulence in any direction at all. The main source of noise now is my GPU since I unleash its fan curve to 100% on full load instead of 60% as default in Wattman. Gonna have to deshroud and put 2x 25mm in there to calm it down LOL

Wish I had remember these earlier. Tried 90 degree for a while but couldn't figure out the mounting so now I have the PSU flipped with fan facing the GPU chambers. Maybe task for tomorrow hahaha

The "easter egg" still exists, but unfortunately it doesn't work because it puts the power supply connectors on top of the motherboard. It was the first thing I tried, but you need the PSU mounted as close to the front panel as possible (while also taking into account you need to be able to fit power cable between front panel and PSU) to be able to fit the connectors/pull cabling out.

I'm now using ~10mm L-brackets to mount mine to the two holes in the front panel in the 3-slot configuration. It holds the PSU firm, but not flush, so the connector side flares out a bit (I'm guessing the shorty cable is also a little too long) and I have to force the side panel on if I want to use it. Current pic-

And then @mfmunh came up with a really slick custom-made bracket for the 2-slot configuration and published the final version here.

Few things to for the 3-slot configuration-
  • there really isn't any extra room between the depth of the PSU and the side panel (it feels like it's 1mm of buffer), so trying to mount brackets to the center bar that place the PSU closer to the side panel results in the panel bulging
  • if you try and mount the PSU underneath the center bar (instead of flush against it), then you also run into issues with GPU backplates really fast
  • you can't mount the PSU too close to the bottom panel (or top if not flipped) because you'll hit the side-panel slot (or w/e, the thing that the side panels slides into) when you try and put the bottom panel on.
I'm really looking to forward to people more competent with this stuff getting interested in the rotated PSU because I'm just not the person to come up with an effective long-term solution. I did try just about everything imaginable using the leftover case parts to make the bracket work (so that it could be repeated by all), but after like 5 hours of trying things it just didn't seem possible without cutting into them or using additional parts. The L-bracket method is like a 50 cent solution that works well enough for now though.
I'll make it work my friend, or at least die trying. Already scratched up the GPU backplate a lot today trying to manoeuvre the PSU ? ? ?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hey Guys, your case drive in Germany BUT do you really do test-shipping? In conclusion I have to pay nearly 300 Euro (230 Euro Case; 30 Euro GDSK taxes; 40 Euro taxes) for the case. Yes there was the 20 Dollar refund - thx. but I have to pay two times for taxes! 30 Euro (gdsk - because you don't ship with dhl, fedex, ups or something) and maybe 40 Euro for taxes. Feels realy bad man! This is my third indie off case BUT the first with so much trouble incase of shipping and double times taxes.
I bought the case m1 v6.1 (one times taxes), I bought the velkase velka 5 (one time taxes), so hope your check your shipping for the next batch.

Yeah here's the thing, it's called covid. Shipping options are limited all over the world. When we did the test ship, covid was just getting started. Alot has changed in 4 months. Worldwide logistics isn't that simple as it was a year ago and as for taxes, that's the way the world works. There is absolutely nothing that Wahaha360 could have done to prevent you from getting hit twice with taxes.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Yeah here's the thing, it's called covid. Shipping options are limited all over the world. When we did the test ship, covid was just getting started. Alot has changed in 4 months. Worldwide logistics isn't that simple as it was a year ago and as for taxes, that's the way the world works. There is absolutely nothing that Wahaha360 could have done to prevent you from getting hit twice with taxes.
Well... tax evasion is one way..... but I'd guess people are against that idea

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018

GDSK costs aren't tax costs. GDSK is a private company that works with EMS, all packages go through them in germany. You pay them 30€ so they do all the paperworks for customs and what not. But you don't have to use their service. You can do everything on your own and save yourself the extra 30€.
I know the paperwork looks complicated and overwhelming at first glance but I can promise you they aren't worth paying 30€ so someone else does them for you.

In retrospective it was pretty easy with some tutorials you can find online, there are even some rough instructions from GDSK themselves. But I agree there are other carriers that ship the package to a customs office in your area where you can pick it up yourself without doing any paperworks, only need to pay your customs fee (with EMS all packages are sent to general customs office in frankfurt)

Anyways on another note: did you already receive your case? Mine has arrived on friday in germany, now waiting for the customs to process the papers :/

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I am waiting on a domestic package that is incredibly delayed. I could swear they’re playing hot potato with it, from NY to NJ and back to NY. I’m wondering when it’ll actually leave NY.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I am waiting on a domestic package that is incredibly delayed. I could swear they’re playing hot potato with it, from NY to NJ and back to NY. I’m wondering when it’ll actually leave NY.

I have packages sitting in Chicago since the 25th and my pslate cables are delaying til next week so it's all a waiting game

Reactions: PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
yes I'm gonna use the long brackets for the TX, test fitted the TX with 3x A12x25 yesterday and it did not go well, even without the side beams. So I'm fully back on 1x 25mm + 2x 15mm fans now. I'm gonna have all 3 fans on the radiator exhaust out the top, plus the long brackets like you said so there shouldn't be any turbulence in any direction at all. The main source of noise now is my GPU since I unleash its fan curve to 100% on full load instead of 60% as default in Wattman. Gonna have to deshroud and put 2x 25mm in there to calm it down LOL

Yeah, I took a lot of measurements because I also refused to believe the 42mm hard cap. If you measure from the struts, it is indeed 43mm, but the motherboard PCB itself causes the space to be reduced to 42mm. Try it yourself with a caliper/depth gauge aiming for the strut through the top panel and then the edge of the MB PCB and you will see it's 1mm less.

Reactions: thelaughingman

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
@Wahaha360

It's probably on the backburner but is there an update on PCIE 4.0 riser cables?

There's a (undetailed) report about how Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC has a significant drop in performance when utilizing PCI-E 3.0 @ 8x vs 16x. It makes me wonder if we may be getting some performance improvements with PCI-E 4.0 and new GPUs in the near future as games become more resource intensive.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@Wahaha360

It's probably on the backburner but is there an update on PCIE 4.0 riser cables?

There's a (undetailed) report about how Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC has a significant drop in performance when utilizing PCI-E 3.0 @ 8x vs 16x. It makes me wonder if we may be getting some performance improvements with PCI-E 4.0 and new GPUs in the near future as games become more resource intensive.

If you want a pcie 4.0 cable, you can always source it yourself, Wahaha360 is slammed with work

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I figured he was slammed.

I'll search around a bit more but it's hard to find that 180 degree connector. Right now, the Louqe Cobalt is the only one I can find but it's unavailable.

this thing looks promising

Reactions: DrHudacris and JRey

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
this thing looks promising

The Ghost String Riser is either made by Amphenol or using Amphenol tech (see Amphenol link). Amphenol is trying to bypass 3M patent.

Compare to the 3M, this Amphenol Riser:
1. will be thicker = bigger bend radius = may interfere with fans under the Mobo
2. unlikely to perform better
3. unlikely to be cheaper than 3M
4. when I tested it, it's hotter to the touch than 3M, b/c it doesn't have that silver heat shield material that 3M has
5. 3M PCIe 4.0 is around the corner

Unless you specifically want this riser for the look, I stay away and stick with 3M.

?‍♂️