Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
This is what I had in mind. The IO would be clear for any changes.

Or

Reactions: Gerold and fabio

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
Or

Quite right ;) I have been following that thread with interest, but I'm also keen to make the most of the T1.

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Whew! I finally got caught up! I got busy with covid around page 155, but now that I’m laid-off I have more time to drool and plan my build. Just wanted to say thank you to all the testers for posting so much useful info. I’m not going to try and stuff 2x Titans in mine, but it’s nice to know there are true madmen out there in this crazy world. Thanks again all!

wcohen

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Is there going to be a purely limited run for the t1 or is the case going to be continually stocked, as well as accessories such as two tone, and distro plate?

vile

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Lurker here interested in the T1! Likely won't be building in it until 2021 but wanted to add myself to the number of officially interested!

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
In every picture I see of the T1 the lt240 rad is installed with the fittings at the front. Is it possible to install it the other way round (with the fittings at the back)?
As far as i can see, there should be enough space to reach the fitting on the motherboard side in 2-slot mode if you dont have a huge I/O shroud. On the GPU side the GPU could obstruct the fitting of the rad.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Does this enable more space for radiators? Like a 30mm?
30mm it's still a tough and forced mount. I think it will clear 1/1.5mm more, so it will be ok mount the 28mm radiators.
I think 29mm is feasible with the KazeFlex 17mm without the rubber pad but will have already a bit of pressure.
30mm IMO is still too much, I've tried to fit an Hardware Labs 240LS, and was really "too big".
But I can try again! ?

Reactions: Luke NK

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Did that. It's cranked up all the way. Maybe I'm just too picky. With a bigger cooler and more thermal mass it should be better than with the Black Ridge.
Yeah, that option on the Gigabyte saved my ears! BTW, the BIOS in the Aorus 570 Itx allows you to have a Delta of only 3 seconds, and it was too low.

BUT, If you Install the GIgabyte Utility, you can push till 5 seconds, and works super good with the new Ryzen 3000 temperature spikes!
Annotation 2020-04-16 085012.jpg

carlosjtacon

Efficiency Noob
Mar 9, 2020
With Zen2 you want liquid cooling, believe me. I've got a 3700X and a Black Ridge with Noctua A9-14 in my Dan A4-SFX and it was driving me mad in idle. AMD's frequency scaling is so aggressive that you get temperature spikes and even with a late but aggressive fan curve it leads to constant ramping up and down of the fan. For now I am using a fixed frequency (downclocking still works luckily) to control it. But as soon as the LT240 arrives I'll move back to my NCase.
Imo you have two options, both involve some dedication.
Either you do AiO or custom loop and get information about that and how plane traveling may work out, or you go for the L12S and dedicate some time into properly undervolting and fixed max clock speeds. Either way, for production a 3950x should be your goal, as those are of the best silicon quality AMD has to offer, so you get better thermal to performance ratio.
Also for thermals with Ryzen, I would suggest 3600Mhz Micron Rev.E "E-Die" RAM, so you get a rock solid 3600 RAM, thats light on the RAM controller.
I've taken my Ghost S1 with a Kraken X52 AIO, and there were zero problems going through security, they didn't even have to manually check my PC. For context, this was about a month ago.
Here's what I say: for something that is going to be a carry on, I think an AIO would be best, because it's the most reliable form of liquid cooling possible. I wouldn't be comfortable taking a custom loop in a carry on, but then again I'm not really comfortable with custom cooling lol. A really good air cooler and some manual tuning with the 3950x would be the safest option you have, IMO.

Thanks for all your tips! maybe I should start with air cooling and fine tunning CPU and fan speeds and if it doesn't work jump to this supported 240AIO that definetly will do the job. We'll see! I believe I still have time to change my opinion a couple of times hahaha

Reactions: aexeq

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
Yeah, that option on the Gigabyte saved my ears! BTW, the BIOS in the Aorus 570 Itx allows you to have a Delta of only 3 seconds, and it was too low.

BUT, If you Install the GIgabyte Utility, you can push till 5 seconds, and works super good with the new Ryzen 3000 temperature spikes!
View attachment 546

Thanks for all of the tips guys, I honestly appreciate it. But believe me, I spend hours on this topic. Limiting by PPT, PPT plus undervolting (yielding clock stretching) and it just did not bring the result I wanted. In the end, limiting the voltage and frequency ("manual OC") and living with the performance loss is my temporary fix.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks for all of the tips guys, I honestly appreciate it. But believe me, I spend hours on this topic. Limiting by PPT, PPT plus undervolting (yielding clock stretching) and it just did not bring the result I wanted. In the end, limiting the voltage and frequency ("manual OC") and living with the performance loss is my temporary fix.
I was using the 3900X with a BlackRidge in the MI-6 case. Limiting the PPT/EDC/TDC to 110/85, undervolting of -0.1, and leaving everything in auto, gave me amazing temps! (70C max on multicore, with onlt 100/150mhz drop against the stock configuration) And also silence.
In single core nothing change! Was still spiking till 4.55!

Of course is a compromise, but depends from your needs/space, etc. The new Ryzen are really flexible!

Reactions: FischOderAal

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019

I also have a manual OC, but I don´t think that it is such a big performance loss. I´m encouraging everyone should try overclocking ccx individually, because theres a big difference between them. For example, in my case, I have a 3950x and at 1.15v the worse ccx goes at 4150 mhz which is nothing special, but the best one can work at 4375. When I was testing at 1.26v the worse got to 4200 or sth like that and the best one 4450or 4475 I don´t remember exactly. So if you want single core performance you can have it with this method. Of course is not 4.700, but this processor wont give you 4.700 mhz for more time than one milisecond or so anyway...