Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

nicholasmark

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2016
Good morning everyone,

First of all let me say I am very inspired by all the builds I have seen so far from this case. I have been following this tread on a daily basis since the first video I saw of this case. To my suprise I saw a message today about a suvey to find out who has seniority for ordering this case by linking to a post where you mention the case. As a long time lurker and not someone who does post a lot on the internet this means for me that I would proberbly end up at the bottem of that list. Altough it might be something I have to learn to live with this makes me sad and feels a bit unfair :(.

My question is this: Wouldn't it be more fair to have a look at the registers dates on the website https://formdworks.com ? The people who registered would have found the website trough this topic (or frends) and also they have showed interest in the case by registering there.

I guess the creator of T1 wants to reserve some guaranteed spot for senior contributors out there whom have been sharing useful infos & guides building in this case while helping out those with queries in this thread. With those infos, the case itself can be improved over time which is then brought down to end user for the best experience and possibilities..

Let's be patient..

Visstick

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
The thing with that website is that it's actually about two weeks old. Which is waaay more recent compared to some posts on this build, some of the active people on here have been posting for over 6 months and haven't had their chance to order yet

You make a good argument over there.

But it still feels a bit unfair. If I look at myself, I have been following this treat since june 2019. (first video of Optimum Tech I saw of the case). I have also registered myself on one of the first days of the website comming online but ill be at the bottom of the list since I never made a post :(. Ah well, lets wait and see how things develop.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

But it still feels a bit unfair. If I look at myself, I have been following this treat since june 2019. (first video of Optimum Tech I saw of the case). I have also registered myself on one of the first days of the website comming online but ill be at the bottom of the list since I never made a post :(. Ah well, lets wait and see how things develop.
I will not say unfair. Maybe before you sign up there were 200 People that did it before you. It's quite fair. Of course I think @Wahaha360 will check also the activities of the users! So more posts, participation as well I think will be checked. ;)

Visstick

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
I will not say unfair. Maybe before you sign up there were 200 People that did it before you. It's quite fair. Of course I think @Wahaha360 will check also the activities of the users! So more posts, participation as well I think will be checked. ;)

Ye thats true, I might have also misinterpreted his post a little.
He states "which help me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers."
There could still be a "case" where there is more production then seniority :).

Well atleast I did fill in the survey and I will link my forum account the discord server to stay up to date of the lastest news about smallformfactor.net

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

Cant say that. I think with this procedure.. This thread will be always up to date. Since many posting about this case, it make a good input for them to analyze what must be done to improve the quality of this case.

I'm not builder, but since my case is very hot.. i need small case to support my mobility. Patience will be good for us.

Reactions: DrHudacris

limboroger

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 29, 2020
All the lurkers come out of hiding. Here's another one paying his respects to this amazing project of @Wahaha360 and all the others contributing with great input. Also hoping to get my hands on the V1.1, but wishing I made my first post months ago. Anyway, very glad to see @Whahaha360 is measuring the interest in this case for next production cycle. Keep up the good work!

Visstick

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
All the lurkers come out of hiding. Here's another one paying his respects to this amazing project of @Wahaha360 and all the others contributing with great input. Also hoping to get my hands on the V1.1, but wishing I made my first post months ago. Anyway, very glad to see @Whahaha360 is measuring the interest in this case for next production cycle. Keep up the good work!

Well thats a good think I guess that us lurkers now react to this topic. It shows that there is a lot of interest for this project.

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
A quick question for those who already have the T1 and uses or tried a Noctua L12S. Does the side mesh of the T1 allow to see metalic color of the cooler? (considering no noticeable leds inside the case).

These days is there anyone using beefier air coolers for GPU? Yesterday I was imagining a Wahaha360 approved cool looking black GPU cooler (maybe even L Shapped using the radiator space) that would certainly turn heads.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
A quick question for those who already have the T1 and uses or tried a Noctua L12S. Does the side mesh of the T1 allow to see metalic color of the cooler? (considering no noticeable leds inside the case).
Beautiful build @DrHudacris !

Here's mine!

My power button sadly didn't have long enough cables, and I didn't feel like soldering new ones today. The cables are the stock cables that came with my Corsair SF600 Platinum, and it was really fun getting them neat and tidy in a case that doesn't have a lot of places to hide them. I have full intentions on making custom cables, but I first wanted to get thermal comparisons with something a lot of people have. This build is running the Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 cooler, and once I get finished testing and tweaking with it, I'll swap it out for my L12S to compare it to. If I feel like one more switch, I might even give my Corsair H60 a try as well. Time will tell.

As far as the build goes, aside from the hangup with the GPU bracket mentioned earlier, the rest went very smoothly. I love being able to take apart the frame if I need to reach something tricky, and everything fits very nicely into this case. Well done @Wahaha360 ! I look forward to many builds to come with this case, and can't wait to see what you have in store for it in the future!
I swapped out the Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 cooler for the Noctua L12S today, and learned a couple of things while doing so that could help some of you future builders:
  • The L12S doesn't fit the ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX motherboard without slight modifications.
    • Either the fan needs to be filed down (what I chose to do)
    • Or the VRM heat sink needs to be removed
  • The L12S only fits in one orientation in this case with my motherboard.
    • The bottom strut obstructs the recommended orientation for the heat pipes with the case flipped.
    • I'm not sure about other motherboards, but horizontal cooler orientation could fit in the case if you're using low profile RAM and your board doesn't have anything that could get in the way.
I only had a chance to run one stress test before I was occupied for the rest of the day, but it looked pretty damn good for the L12S. I'll post proper comparisons when I get a chance to run more tests... hopefully tomorrow. :)

I'm sure @Brude27 can chime in on this :)

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which helps me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.
Just wanted to tell everyone to be really thorough when looking at their post history. If I went purely based off of what my profile was stating for postings then I would have only been counted as far back as 2/5/20 which is no where near as close to when I started posting/following this thread. I then went to reactions and can at minimum see reactions to post as far back as 6/29/19 and that only showed me things that other reacted to so I could be even further back. When I clicked the button to see older post I got nothing. I don't know if this is because of the issues the site had a while back or not. Just want to point this out.

If I posted something in my pics that is personal to my account let me know. I'm not seeing anything but I wanted to make sure the timestamp of the screen shot was captured.

Reactions: ExplodingWaffle101

glueckskind

Case Bender
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Which 'Aluminium Side Panel' is meant in the survey?
Just a solidone or the horizontal stripes one seen in the renders?

And will we see that and the two tone kit aside from renders before purchasing?

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
If I look at myself, I have been following this treat since june 2019. (first video of Optimum Tech I saw of the case).

Same here, lurking since 06 June 2019 almost each day. But I registered and posted way later when the first preorder and test shipping started cause I thought "now it gets real"...

Well... having not bought a Dan, Louqe or M1 was all cause of that video about the prototype Ali postet last June....

Now, seeing that reserve servey and the date of my first post it's kinda disappointing having waited and not being sure to getting a Formd T1 any soon.

But... That's how it is obviously.

Maybe there is a chance @Wahaha360 can reserve cases for the batch after that June batch for all participants in the survey who aren't lucky getting one with the June batch....

That would be awesome.

I'd really like to get that build done somewhere before 2021.... and I was planning on doing a build log on computerbase.de as well with a custom loop..

We'll see if I get the chance to do that :)

Josamacs

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 28, 2020
Well I really feel stupid for not posting now. Been following for months. I'm glad though that the people who have actually shown their support are being rewarded though. Hopefully I'll get one before the end of the year.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019

I can totally see what you are saying. There have been so many unforeseen issues in the world that shaped the outcome of the distribution. At first I was disappointed that all the cases were sold out through QQ chat or whatever but at the same time it's completely realistic that this happened. @Wahaha360 had a way that was safe and realiable to off load product that was sitting and he funded this project himself. You can't have inventory just sitting around.

I think this is just truly to get a rough idea of the next batch. Plus there are so many people in this thread that helped shape what this case was going to be. Being a lurker is nice but @Wahaha360 was looking for feedback and anyone that was lurking had the opportunity to speak up even if it wasn't the best thought for the vision. I'm not saying you're not important or any one is more important than you but there were people in this thread that contributed a ton of knowledge and resources that should be rewarded. I'm not even one of those people. I only helped talk about some indents in the side panels which I'm glad never made it in it. I know there will still be people that are disappointed again but it's a product and as @gwertheim points out quite often we have a lot more pressing issues in out lives other than computer cases. This is a hobby for all of us. I'm glad I get to share it with everyone. Patience will be the key. It always is for great things. Just trust in @Wahaha360

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
For what it is worth, I also have lurked in these forums for the longest time. I filled out the form with my earliest post in the forum, then found another post even earlier on Reddit on March 16. Do not know if it will help or not, but here is the url:

I also agree that @Wahaha360 is being fair in the selection of those who get the first production run of these cases. Some of those senior posters have been "artistic engineers" in the SFFPC creations or comments. For crying out loud, I DON'T EVEN OWN A CALIPER! ???

• Haha

brlydcnt

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 3, 2020
First post on the thread for the reserve survey, been following since the end of last year. Created my account just for this case