Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

mtacx

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2020
Yeah for the same reason I'm thinking about making some kind of vents/holes in my table :D
rather than making hole in the table, u can just swap to higher casing leg or just use case stand (if u lucky, u can find case stand that came with fan or u can just mod the case stand and fit it with noctua fan on it)

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
rather than making hole in the table, u can just swap to higher casing leg or just use case stand (if u lucky, u can find case stand that came with fan or u can just mod the case stand and fit it with noctua fan on it)
I was just thinking about 3d printing feet that could fit into the grill holes.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

It's your table and you can make as many holes as you want. May I recommend a nice sized one for a tube which leads to an external cooler/pump.

fpdhs0610

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 18, 2020
This case is looking awesome! I'm planning to build my own first sff pc with Phanteks Shift, but it seems so gorgeous, can't get my eyes off from Sidearm T1.
I wish it is durable enough because I currently have to move around and taking flight, also want to carry my sff pc inside my backpack or luggage case.
Your modular system is brilliant.

Hardly

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2019
Unfortunate situation with the changes in the spreadsheet..

In this new form, will the # of posts actually not matter unless you have over 50 when you are picking the candidates or will you check them all individually? @gwertheim @Wahaha360

DhruvK

Efficiency Noob
Feb 18, 2020
Discovered this project via OptimumTech. This is going to be the case that gets me onboard the SFF hype train. I just hope its available in enough quantities that make it accessible! Reading through I take it USA outside the listed states isn’t a thing yet, so I’ll wait for general production for us peasants. Fantastic looking case so far!

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'd like to run an air cooled build. What would be the best case fan config?

Wait for the next generation of Intel and AMD motherboards, trying to get Asus at least to make their I/O Heatsink play nice with L12S.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I just wanted to remind people that this type of watercooling is pretty difficult to build, but mainly to maintain. Eisbaer LT pump is not really powerful making all draining/filling operation complicated/nightmare.

Personnally I'm interested in aircooling version..;)

Stupid question, is it possible to get taller feet? Provided feet are too short to get good cooling, intake or exhaust.
Sliger SM550/560 cases remain benchmark for GPU cooling with their tall feet and vents..;)

The Panel has 4mm vent holes, you can just use after market case feet that works with M3 or M4 screws.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
It's your table and you can make as many holes as you want. May I recommend a nice sized one for a tube which leads to an external cooler/pump.
Yeah one of the concepts I was theorycrafting with friends is having connectors to something like https://koolance.com/radiator-9-fan-120mm-18-fpi-aluminum or a radiator from a truck/Opel Vectra at home with a ceiling fan going 5RPM cooling it and then something smaller to go when travelling or having a lan party, but I'm not there yet mentally to accept it as a viable solution (getting there though :D )