Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I am using custom tubing!

It's because a lot of things actually:
the socket in this MB is lowered, but mostly because you have only 2 "good" orinetation to mount the block. With the fittings facing the NVME SSD/Radiator, the screws to mount the block doesn't allow to rotate enough the 90 degrees fittings!
With the Eisbaer LT I REALLY SUGGEST to stay in 2 slots mode, or, do just this. (It's not my cleanest build so far, but does it's job! :D)

BTW, I am filling the system with an external D5 pump+reservoir, it easier, trust in me! :D)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I am using custom tubing!

It's because a lot of things actually:
the socket in this MB is lowered, but mostly because you have only 2 "good" orinetation to mount the block. With the fittings facing the NVME SSD/Radiator, the screws to mount the block doesn't allow to rotate enough the 90 degrees fittings!
With the Eisbaer LT I REALLY SUGGEST to stay in 2 slots mode, or, do just this. (It's not my cleanest build so far, but does it's job! :D)

BTW, I am filling the system with an external D5 pump+reservoir, it easier, trust in me! :D)

No full size fan ?!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
No full size fan ?!
No, it's so easier to assemble with the radiator against the motherboard! Also I've seen that the noise is the same, actually a bit better with the fan against the top panel.
But I can slide pretty smoothly a 25mm fan below if needed! (I can do it tomorrow maybe, also to check the difference I have space for it, but you know this ;))

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
have I ever told you how much I love you for all the testing you’ve done for us?

but you don’t recommend the Lt solo with the stock fittings on the pump? Is there not enough space between the side panels to route them over the ram?
Thanks man!

Yes, the stock fittings are perfect! I am using the HF TPV just because I love their tubing, but are the same size more or less.

Of course you can route above the ram, but mine were sticking out too much!

With the 8/11 should be ok, I guess.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Thanks man!

Yes, the stock fittings are perfect! I am using the HF TPV just because I love their tubing, but are the same size more or less.

Of course you can route above the ram, but mine were sticking out too much!

With the 8/11 should be ok, I guess.

do you think it would still be worth to swap the fittings? I switched back to Corsair lpx ram so I’ll have the space above the ram to run the tubes. Just wondering what you think.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Excellent update mate. The limited edition 2 tone cases have me intrigued. Glad despite everything you are still keeping developments moving :)

If I could be so bold to ask if white ceracote is a finish you are still considering for Q4? I am tempted to wait for this option.
I want to try Ceracote, so it’s def happening, but I don’t want to commit to a time frame with virus going on.
I just wanted to thank you both for keeping this idea alive. I've had a great experience with my Cerakoted Ghost S1, and was planning to get a similar custom job done on a T1 when/if I got my hands on it. It's really a delightfully premium-feeling finish, with very little affect on tolerances in my experience. If a first-party white Cerakote option materializes then I'll be first in line (unless SSJ4 wants it in white too, in which case he gets to be ahead of me in line :p)

Fat multiquote here, but just wanted to hail both @SSJ4 and @Wahaha360. Looks like Louqe found a way to mass-produce (well, maybe "mass" isn't the right term for boutique SFF cases, but you know what I mean :p) a white Cerakote finish for the upcoming Arctic colorway of the S1 Mk4 (source post on IG). Looks like they're playing around with Cerakote for various accessories, too (second source on IG).

Now I thought Cerakote was in the realm of individual end-buyer custom commissions (as I did with my own original Ghost S1). But if there's a way to do it on manufacturer's end that is super intriguing! Any thoughts on possibility for T1 v1.1? Or too soon to consider?

Reactions: DrHudacris

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Any links to the EK 240mm AIO build? I've had a read through that build list and cannot find it.

Hey man, I was wondering the same thing and it's not in the build list of the badass Doc that @threestripevida put together. It's in a later section under more info about watercooling: New EK AIO fits in two slot and 3 slot config

Hope that helps. I'm pretty into the idea of a 240 AIO that fits in 3-slot GPU config without having to mess with quick disconnects and all that like the LT 240.

Reactions: DrHudacris

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Hey man, I was wondering the same thing and it's not in the build list of the badass Doc that @threestripevida put together. It's in a later section under more info about watercooling: New EK AIO fits in two slot and 3 slot config

Hope that helps. I'm pretty into the idea of a 240 AIO that fits in 3-slot GPU config without having to mess with quick disconnects and all that like the LT 240.

if you’re able to find the LT 240 in stock it wasn’t the worst thing in the world to take apart the fittings and swap the tubes. I scratched the fittings a bit on mine, but nothing crazy. Filling it was the hard part. I think if you have the space for the disconnects, like @fabio does in his testing today, it’ll help with filling. I’m gonna try and plan for it myself.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020

Yep, fairly set on this AIO combination even if it is not officially supported. I eventually read every post in this thread and found the information.

Just awaiting the next gen z490 boards and whatever AMD decide to release before I continue purchasing more parts.

Currently have the Corsair SF750 ready to go, even that was hard to come by.

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020
if you’re able to find the LT 240 in stock it wasn’t the worst thing in the world to take apart the fittings and swap the tubes. I scratched the fittings a bit on mine, but nothing crazy. Filling it was the hard part. I think if you have the space for the disconnects, like @fabio does in his testing today, it’ll help with filling. I’m gonna try and plan for it myself.

Apart from the better copper rad, any reason you still went with the LT240?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Apart from the better copper rad, any reason you still went with the LT240?

well I’m not one to really experiment a ton with parts, especially not watercooling. Since the LT240 is the only one that fits without issue and the performance was on par with other rads it made sense to go with it. Also, the fact that Optimum tech used it in his Ghost build and now his T1 build I know it will work when I add my gpu down the line. Just to clarify I do not have a T1. I am using my LT 240 in my current build however.

Reactions: Gerold

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, it's not so bad at the end!

BUT, a DC-LT wil all my 90 degrees fittings, a flow meter and a GPU is a NO GO, IMO. The flow is almost 5l/h??? at 100%!!

I think I should test it or with a second DC-LT or with another radiator to see if the temps are related to the pump or to the radiator.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017

BUT, a DC-LT wil all my 90 degrees fittings, a flow meter and a GPU is a NO GO, IMO. The flow is almost 5l/h??? at 100%!!

I think I should test it or with a second DC-LT or with another radiator to see if the temps are related to the pump or to the radiator.

do you think with a tubing run similar to what Optimum tech did it would be fine?

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020

I've tested alphacool lt solo with tx240 the temp was 87° after 5 cinebench run, the flow was really low (I don't use flow meter, but I can see it from my res connected with tpv quick disconnect like yours) without GPU.
If we see on @optimumtech 's build, he seems does not have flow problem and he use bigger tube.
Maybe bigger tube means better water flow with solo lt?

Btw I'm testing on a test bench with 3950x

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Well, AC always said the LT wasn't sufficient for CPU+GPU.
(at least I remember reading it)

Could you test it with a single component?

@xkruz: flow shouldn't be determinded by the tubing. Most of the restrictions come with the coolers. Some raditors also have an influence.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I've tested alphacool lt solo with tx240 the temp was 87° after 5 cinebench run, the flow was really low (I don't use flow meter, but I can see it from my res connected with tpv quick disconnect like yours) without GPU.
If we see on @optimumtech 's build, he seems does not have flow problem and he use bigger tube.
Maybe bigger tube means better water flow with solo lt?

Btw I'm testing on a test bench with 3950x

Good observation... Resistance is very very sensitive to cross sectional area, like to the 4th power sensitive.

Reactions: Bausa

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Well, AC always said the LT wasn't sufficient for CPU+GPU.
(at least I remember reading it)

Could you test it with a single component?
I've test it with tx240, alphacool solo lt, tpv tubing, 3950x (see my last post)

@optimumtech 's build seems fine using cpu + gpu with 1 radiator

Edit: maybe the tpv fittings and quick disconnect reduce the flow.
I will try with EK's zmt tube 10/16 later, but it will be hard to route in the case