Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Also, just to follow up on this post and add to it, with the temperatures so much better when flipped, is there any plan to alter the design so to reverse top and bottom for top exhaust and the power connection to exit on the new 'bottom' of the case? (If manually flipped, it exits from the 'top' .)
Waha has said that doing this would ruin the space efficiency of the case, so it's not going to happen. Also, there is a way to edit. It's the 3 dots then click edit

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Has anyone reported the corrosion issue to Alphacool? I am surprised by this development. I would be inclined to replace those screws with 316 stainless steel screws. Can anyone provide the specs of the phillips flat head screws provided in the kit (overall length, head height, head diameter, thread pitch)?

0Zx

Reactions: SSJ4

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
So I suppose that most likely this problem hasn’t been fixed by Alphacool. It boggles the mind that a cooling company like this could make such a mistake.
Making LT240 good only for... its "non-standard" radiator?

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I was about to reach out to Alphacool about the corrosion issue being discussed here. I figured I would do a little research first in case they have updated the materials used. The exploded parts diagram on page 3 shows copper-colored screws in the copper plate in the LT series:

https://www.alphacool.com/download/EisbaerLT_Datasheet_EN.pdf

The press/product photos and manual on the website show copper-colored screws in the copper plate, as does the photo in the link to the Baidu post. How is it possible for galvanic corrosion to happen here if those screws are copper? Is the implication that they are using copper plated screws and the plating is failing which is causing the underlying material to cause corrosion? Is maybe another component that was added to the AIO causing the problem? Additionally, there are no reports of this corrosion on their forum that I could tell. Please tell me what I am missing.

0Zx

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I remembered this post from awhile back and sounds like it may be the same issue. Now the question is, is it plasticizer due to the PVC Tubing or is ir corrosion due to the screws?

EDIT: Alphacool is now using rubber tubing instead of PVC in the new Eisbaer AIO, so that could be it.

just finished changing the tubing out on my LT240 to 8/11 epdm (WIP pic), and what i found while draining the loop after ~5 months of use (dat september t1 release date) was that there was a considerable amount of plasticizer in the coolant, and that the cape kelvin was noticeably dirty (likely due to the former). so i'd say it's probably best for those of you who are not interested in maintaining your loop to go with either a 120 aio that uses rubber tubing, or wait until the tmach1/t1 tophat release so that you can use a more plug-and-play friendly 240 aio.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I remembered this post from awhile back and sounds like it may be the same issue. Now the question is, is it plasticizer due to the PVC Tubing or is ir corrosion due to the screws?

EDIT: Alphacool is now using rubber tubing instead of PVC in the new Eisbaer AIO, so that could be it.

Looks like I got one with the PVC tubing according to the product page on Overclockers UK. I’ll change the tubing on my unit before I start using it.

Does anyone know how to remove the bracket from the pump/block? I can’t for the life of me take it off. It took me 10 minutes just to get it on in the first place.

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Looks like I got one with the PVC tubing according to the product page on Overclockers UK. I’ll change the tubing on my unit before I start using it.

Does anyone know how to remove the bracket from the pump/block? I can’t for the life of me take it off. It took me 10 minutes just to get it on in the first place.
Yeah, the new version of the LT240 hasn’t been released yet, just the regular, bigger Eisbaer.

Reactions: arthasdklol

dzjlimit

Caliper Novice
Oct 25, 2019
Hi guys, I missed a lot in this thread. Does anyone know if there is a Taobao store that I can purchase this case? Thanks!

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
So... we are in full lockdown (Spain) and I have to go to the post office that is in a different city hoping not to get fined by police (and sent home) AND that the employees at said office give me the package (they should, because that is what the spanish tracking says: "go to the post office to pick it up". Problem being that this is an automatically generated message...). They aren't answering their phone, so I have to go there to find out.

And all of that because apparently they didn't want to deliver the bloody package to where I work (you can go to work). There is no other possible explanation since they come at least twice a day so they know by heart our timetables, and it is not possible that they didn't find anyone.

To say that I'm furious wouldn't be overreacting.

PS: and I do have to pick it up ASAP. Not because of the computer system itself, but because the lockdown will be worse and more severe as time passes by... and I'm afraid they might return it to origin after 15 days, which is what they do in normal circumstances. And I don't think they will do it any different now, as they don't have infinite space to accumulate packages.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
So... we are in full lockdown (Spain) and I have to go to the post office that is in a different city hoping not to get fined by police (and sent home) AND that the employees at said office give me the package (they should, because that is what the spanish tracking says: "go to the post office to pick it up". Problem being that this is an automatically generated message...). They aren't answering their phone, so I have to go there to find out.

And all of that because apparently they didn't want to deliver the bloody package to where I work (you can go to work). There is no other possible explanation since they come at least twice a day so they know by heart our timetables, and it is not possible that they didn't find anyone.

To say that I'm furious wouldn't be overreacting.

PS: and I do have to pick it up ASAP. Not because of the computer system itself, but because the lockdown will be worse and more severe as time passes by... and I'm afraid they might return it to origin after 15 days, which is what they do in normal circumstances. And I don't think they will do it any different now, as they don't have infinite space to accumulate packages.

Hopefully if you take the notice with you they will let you go to the list office! I feel for you, my friend. Europe is bring devastated by this virus.

fpdhs0610

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 18, 2020
I can't wait to buy this from an actual newly opened web site but when will it be available for sale? Do you have any specific schedule for the production or are you still waiting for the candidate surveys?

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Unfortunately results from this test shipment will be heavily affected by lockdown. My package is stuck for a week now in Poland with status 'International Postal System, Customs clearance'. Not sure where exactly but it was in Warsaw earlier, which is also not the delivery address. No updates on any additional costs yet.
I was planning on flying to Poland today to pick it up but that also is not going to happen. So not sure when it gets delivered, not sure when I'll be able to pick it up and start my build and no info on taxes and handling fees. Plus power button as a separate delivery which is not being tracked so maybe not available yet.
Will update you guys if anything changes.

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
I can't wait to buy this from an actual newly opened web site but when will it be available for sale? Do you have any specific schedule for the production or are you still waiting for the candidate surveys?

Still waiting on test shippers to receive their cases. Coronavirus has slowed things down pretty significantly.