Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I dont want to be a wet blanket. But the corona situation is going to get worse before it gets better.

Even just logistically borders and work places are being closed. So even if we hit the go button right now it will take an unknown amount of time to ship.

Health and safety comes first. Just saying looks like we are in for unpredictable wait. Which sucks because I refresh this thread 30x a day lol.

Personally. I am going to grab an SG13 so I can get my system running.

Always plan for the unexpected. You can always get a test bench or something like that.

Reactions: fabio and SSJ4

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I understand the situation right now is tense and takes priority for all involved, but now that I'm joining the ranks of those working from home I was wondering about a few details regarding the T1. Please excuse the questions as I'm not sure if they've already been covered in the preceeding 200+ pages.
  1. How many are we looking at being made available per batch? How many batches will there be?
  2. Will there be color options aside from black?
  3. Is this version the final version? I remember seeing some impressions from one of the testers that pointed out how close it was to working with thicker radiators and was wondering if the height would be increased just a bit to allow for that?
I'm excited for this case, but more than that, I hope everyone here and their families stays safe during this worrying time.

Reactions: Drnrcr

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Get the streacom BC1 Mini!!
Using an open bench is like tent camping. Live in the openness with bare minimum.
I have been using an open bench for 7~8 years and still enjoy it. Everyone should try an open bench for, say, 6 months at least. The sky is the limit and you can have as tall an air cooler as you want...lol
When I get tired of this, I will move into a little cabin.
Was using a Streacom BC1 and am now using BC1 Mini.

• Love
Reactions: fabio

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I understand the situation right now is tense and takes priority for all involved, but now that I'm joining the ranks of those working from home I was wondering about a few details regarding the T1. Please excuse the questions as I'm not sure if they've already been covered in the preceeding 200+ pages.
  1. How many are we looking at being made available per batch? How many batches will there be?
  2. Will there be color options aside from black?
  3. Is this version the final version? I remember seeing some impressions from one of the testers that pointed out how close it was to working with thicker radiators and was wondering if the height would be increased just a bit to allow for that?
I'm excited for this case, but more than that, I hope everyone here and their families stays safe during this worrying time.

1. No one knows the exact amount, but I've seen somewhere that it is around 200. Number of batches depend on a lot of factors. No telling with the current situation tho.

2. More color options later this year possibly.

3. This is more or less the final version. Wahaha has been clear about not wanting to make it larger to fit bigger radiators since that would defeat the purpose. The fact that it fits the LT240 rad is just a bonus. It was meant more for 120mm AIOs.

Not sure if it matters to anyone in the states, but I ordered the LT 240 AIO from Overclockers UK last Friday. It shipped Monday and got here today. I'm in Missouri, so pretty quick shipping if anyone needs one soon.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Looks like Alphacool Eisaber LT240 is a popular component for a T1. I just read something today that might be of interest and/or concern for the LT240.

Long story in short:- After close to 6 months usage, a LT120 (smaller brother of LT240 and I suppose they are similar) has its block clogged with corrosion bits. Upon opening up to investigate, even though the block is copper, the hold-down screws are of different material, thus causing galvanic corrosion.

Not sure if this is an accurate assessment but I think users of LT240 should keep this in mind.
Maybe, after 6 months of usage, open the block to check, for a peace of mind at least. (And I suppose it is good time to reapply thermal paste as well.)

Post:- http://tieba.baidu.com/p/6288704922?red_tag=n0290426213

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Looks like Alphacool Eisaber LT240 is a popular component for a T1. I just read something today that might be of interest and/or concern for the LT240.

Long story in short:- After close to 6 months usage, a LT120 (smaller brother of LT240 and I suppose they are similar) has its block clogged with corrosion bits. Upon opening up to investigate, even though the block is copper, the hold-down screws are of different material, thus causing galvanic corrosion.

Not sure if this is an accurate assessment but I think users of LT240 should keep this in mind.
Maybe, after 6 months of usage, open the block to check, for a peace of mind at least. (And I suppose it is good time to reapply thermal paste as well.)

I can confirm similar problems with my LT240 (this is an older version).

I recently bought another unit, not sure manufacturing date, but appears to have the same screw problem.

This is also why I’m making my own diy solution.

Last edited:

Cyberratchet

Cable Smoosher
Oct 24, 2018
Update for @itsmichael , @JDK and all my other Austrian brothers and sisters.

I just checked the tracking number and unfortunately there wasn't an update since March 7th. "Sendung ins Ausland weitergeleitet" is the last status from the Chinese Post. I got no information from customs so far, so it will probably take still quite a bit of time until I have it in my hands.

In more positive news, the LT240 seems to be more available now. I ordered mine at Alternate and it should arrive in the end of March.

I'll keep you posted. This goes to everyone who reads this, stay safe in these trying times.

Greetings from sunny Vienna, Austria.

Reactions: JDK and itsmichael

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au

Ummmm that is pretty big information.

Anymore insight? Can we swap the screws out? What material is the screw?

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018

I recently bought another unit, not sure manufacturing date, but appears to have the same screw problem.

Anything those of use that just bought LT240 units can do? I assume its easy and cheap to just replace the screws with copper/nickel screws? Do you know the size?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
BTW, someone has tried to have the fan on the radiator INTAKING top-down?? I am curious to know if the temps are better and the hot air escape as well from the side!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020

Hello Wahahaha360,

Surely increasing the height ff the T1 by just a few mm will keep it under 10L but allow for better 240mm and 120mm radiators?

I completely understand if 240mm and other slightly thicker adiators aren't the goal or point of the T1 but considering it's so close that someone could sand a thicker radiator (H75) down and have it fit, I'm curious as to the 'why not' of it.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Hello Wahahaha360,

Surely increasing the height ff the T1 by just a few mm will keep it under 10L but allow for better 240mm and 120mm radiators?

I completely understand if 240mm and other slightly thicker adiators aren't the goal or point of the T1 but considering it's so close that someone could sand a thicker radiator (H75) down and have it fit, I'm curious as to the 'why not' of it.

Of* Radiators*
Guess that'll teach me to edit and check my posts before posting. Is there no edit button?

Also, just to follow up on this post and add to it, with the temperatures so much better when flipped, is there any plan to alter the design so to reverse top and bottom for top exhaust and the power connection to exit on the new 'bottom' of the case? (If manually flipped, it exits from the 'top' .)

Also, apologies if these topics have been covered or answered - 200 pages is a lot to go through but I'm curious about your current stance on them.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

So I suppose that most likely this problem hasn’t been fixed by Alphacool. It boggles the mind that a cooling company like this could make such a mistake.