Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
The .com is taken.

Have you considered top level domains? Domains that end with .me .biz .net etc

You could even find based on your company name for example
Sidearmd > www.sidear.md

But obviously, you will choose a different name because Shopify and also .md TLD is usuaully used by medical professionals

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Bravo-Works, SD-Works, SAD-Works, SAdesigned, which is better?

Can't decide on name, so time consuming and indecisive.
can you just not use the SFFlab as branding and T1 as the case name?
It’s too bad you can’t use SFFlab because it’s a really good one. But, I understand your reasons.

Maybe “T1Labs” or since you were open to the ncase name before, how about a nod to both brands “nLabs” or “N-labs”?

Reactions: fabio

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

I prefer SAdesigned, but as SAdesignD. My phone still corrects the d in SidearmD to uppercase from back when that was the only name for it. If there has to be a name change, I think that at least keeps its identity.

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
SD-Fab as in Sidearmd Fabrication

what do you guys think?

All the suggestions previously made were good (Appart from SD-Fab T1, that seems a little too busy to say out loud).

Now:

The product is great;

The communication process has been great;

When the web page was up, I though it not only looked great but also explained everything really clearly;

Just use a name that you the banks and shopify are comfortable with,

I guess the community will support you.

Reactions: chyll2

johannbl

Chassis Packer
Jan 15, 2016
When I get the power button, I will mail to you guys separately, I don't want to wait anymore for vaporware.

Good move.

It's not easy to change the name so late in the project. I've been refering to this case as T1 so to me, as long as this nomenclature stays it will make sense. In what you mentioned, I like Bravo the best, but as fabio mentionned, I think SA.D looks and sound good. I don't like "SD" because of the media storage.

Tiny update on the build!

Switch mobo for now!

Using a B450 Strix ITX. Chipset Temp stay on the 60 Degrees in Idle and reach 80 degrees under Blender Rendering, and NO FAN SPINNING!

The boot time are way longer, the VRM part is weaker of course, but stay at 50 degrees in idle and can reach 90 degrees under stress test.

Using a 3900X in AUTO and offset Vcore of -0.10v.

The annoying thing is that I cannot boot with my G.Skill 2x16gb C14 kit just enabling the DOCP. I have to rise the Trcd and Trp to 15.

BUT, the B45O from Asus has a CPU Fan header that support till 2A or 24W. If you rewire the normal DDC PMW (18w) to a single 4 pin connector, you can run it flawless through the motherboard!

More info soon!

I was under the impression that it wasn't a good idea to use B450 for a 3900x. I'm curious as to why you're giving it a try. I was thinking of building with the x570 strix but it seems really big. Is this an issue with the case?

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I was under the impression that it wasn't a good idea to use B450 for a 3900x. I'm curious as to why you're giving it a try. I was thinking of building with the x570 strix but it seems really big. Is this an issue with the case?
Asus and MSI itx offering for b450 both uses 6 phase VRM. (MSI being better for using higher rates components)

Reactions: johannbl

nulio

Trash Compacter
Jan 30, 2020
SFF-Fab?

SFF Lab 2.0 coming soon and then SFF Fab for the cases.

What was the origin of the Sidearmd name?

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
Not sure on "FDfab", but its getting close. I kinda agree on keeping it boring like ncase: but I also wouldnt like it to sound like just another taobao sandwich case :p.

FabD maybe?

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
Not sure if you are trying to name a company or just the case itself? if its only the case, "FD-T1" sounds fine as a case but not company name.