FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
I asked about this. It's a printed modified version of the ghost s1 brackets, provided by cpayne. So you have to ask cpayne for the bracket. I wonder if you leave a note you can have the T1 brackets included instead of the ghost ones.

Great well I put the order in anyway and I sent him a note, I figured that if I got the S1 bracket, I could still make it work with a bit of measuring and cutting based on Fabio's reference images above.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@fabio

I am planning to do a bifurcated pcie & custom loop in my new build. Since I been following your build for long, is it Ok if I link my parts list here for you to check?. I absolutely never done any sort of custom wc'ing. Don't want to clutter this thread with OT.

My current parts is a mix of ek parts and alphacool pumps.

Reactions: fabio

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
@fabio

I am planning to do a bifurcated pcie & custom loop in my new build. Since I been following your build for long, is it Ok if I link my parts list here for you to check?. I absolutely never done any sort of custom wc'ing. Don't want to clutter this thread with OT.

My current parts is a mix of ek parts and alphacool pumps.

I'm also doing the same. We can coordinate this together and verify the parts.

Reactions: M-jeri

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
Great well I put the order in anyway and I sent him a note, I figured that if I got the S1 bracket, I could still make it work with a bit of measuring and cutting based on Fabio's reference images above.
I reached out to C-Payne and he sent me a 3D file with the same bracket that Fabio got. So that should be on it's way. I also ordered the ADTLink R33SL PCiE 25mm Riser cable http://www.adt.link/product/R33-Shop.html @M-jeri

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@fabio Or anyone who is willing to chip in. More eyeballs always good. :)

Sharing my WC components to get some thoughts. Hopefully I did some thinking before posting here. I have never done a custom loop, so do let me know where I am wrong.

From what I read in the beginning, black ZMT tubes were the best(?) for avoiding plasticizer issue. So this component list is based around EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (3m RETAIL) and a 240mm(EK Classic SE 240 - Copper, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-classic-se-240) radiator I already have(However, I am willing to get another one.).

Pump-Res combo (still wondering if i should pay 55USD for shipping from aquatuning):

Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise ceramic - 12V DC
Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir

WC components from EK:

EK Classic SE 240 - Already have this.
EK-Quantum Velocity - AMD Nickel + Acetal - CPU block - Qn here: I plan to use the 3 slot GPU bracket. Would this block + fitting have enough clearance? Was not able to find any height details in the page: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-amd-nickel-acetal
<TBD> - GPU block
EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (3m RETAIL)
EK-CryoFuel Clear (Premix 1000mL)
EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90° - Black - 5 nos
EK-AF Extender 8mm M-F G1/4 - Black - 2 nos
EK-Quantum Torque STC-10/16 - Black - 4 nos
EK-CSQ Plug G1/4 with EK-Badge - Nickel
EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MM 7 - Black - 1 nos
EK-Quantum Torque 6-Pack STC 10/16 - Black
EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MF 14 - Black - 2 nos

EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MM 28 - Black - Getting this from perf-pcs.com

Extras:

EK-Leak Tester

-------------

So while I was getting reading to pull the plug, I had a discussing in the reddit sub about the pipe size. Suggested is to use a smaller tube for better routing. Like: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-duraclear-9-5-12-7mm-3m-retail

and the other user showed this: https://ekwb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205160252-What-is-plasticizer-?mobile_site=true

Apparently, the plasticizer issue is non-existent nowadays. Thoughts? Should i change the tube type?

Follow up qns:

1. Which pipe option is the best?
2. Do I need any special fittings like offset fittings or quick disconnect?. Do they also depend on tube size?

3. Is there any suggested way to fill the loop?. I am planning to just go by some youtube vids. Put the case on its back with res facing up, turn pump on and off until it fills.

I reached out to C-Payne and he sent me a 3D file with the same bracket that Fabio got. So that should be on it's way. I also ordered the ADTLink R33SL PCiE 25mm Riser cable http://www.adt.link/product/R33-Shop.html @M-jeri

I guess, I will be putting in an order for both these as well. Thanks for updating it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: christyles

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
@fabio Or anyone who is willing to chip in. More eyeballs always good. :)

Sharing my WC components to get some thoughts. Hopefully I did some thinking before posting here. I have never done a custom loop, so do let me know where I am wrong.

From what I read in the beginning, black ZMT tubes were the best(?) for avoiding plasticizer issue. So this component list is based around EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (3m RETAIL) and a 240mm(EK Classic SE 240 - Copper, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-classic-se-240) radiator I already have(However, I am willing to get another one.).

Pump-Res combo (still wondering if i should pay 55USD for shipping from aquatuning):

Alphacool DC-LT 2600 Ultra low noise ceramic - 12V DC
Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir

WC components from EK:

EK-Quantum Velocity - AMD Nickel + Acetal - CPU block - Qn here: I plan to use the 3 slot GPU bracket. Would this block + fitting have enough clearance? Was not able to find any height details in the page: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-velocity-amd-nickel-acetal
<TBD> - GPU block
EK-Tube ZMT Matte Black 15,9/9,5mm (3m RETAIL)

EK-Quantum Torque Extender Static MM 28 - Black - Getting this from perf-pcs.com

Extras:

EK-Leak Tester

-------------

So while I was getting reading to pull the plug, I had a discussing in the reddit sub about the pipe size. Suggested is to use a smaller tube for better routing. Like: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-duraclear-9-5-12-7mm-3m-retail

and the other user showed this: https://ekwb.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205160252-What-is-plasticizer-?mobile_site=true

Apparently, the plasticizer issue is non-existent nowadays. Thoughts? Should i change the tube type?

Follow up qns:

1. Which pipe option is the best?
2. Do I need any special fittings like offset fittings or quick disconnect?. Do they also depend on tube size?

3. Is there any suggested way to fill the loop?. I am planning to just go by some youtube vids. Put the case on its back with res facing up, turn pump on and off until it fills.

I guess, I will be putting in an order for both these as well. Thanks for updating it here.

Personally I went with what @fabio is using in terms of tubing and fittings that work with it:

Tubes & Fittings:
  • Alphacool TPV 12.7 / 7.6 they are narrower ridgid tubes that allows for easier bends. Similar to EK ZMT.
  • Alphacool TPV 90 degree G1/4 Metal Fittings x6
  • Alphacool TPV G1/4 Metal Fittings x8
  • Barrow 6mm Offset fittings x 2
  • Barrow 20mm Extender fittings x 2
  • EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90° - Black x 4
CPU Block
  • Went with the Barrow LTCP03-04N Nickel edition that provides RGB and a silver/black theme.
Pump & Reservoir
  • Alphacool DC-LT 2600
  • Alphacool DC-LT 40 Reservoir
Radiator
  • Alphacool LT240
GPU
  • EKWB EK-FC Terminal Rotary
So basically along the same lines as what Fabio initially used for his build except for the CPU block.

Last edited:

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@devolv

Thanks for the post!.

I am not married to any one particular setup. :). So yea, if fabio's exact config is what you gave (which I wanted to ask anyways), better to follow it along. I can ask others if issues crop up.

For the tube and fittings, which store has any stocks in it?

Edit: Cant find any of these in stock anywhere. maybe in aquatuning.
Edit2: Are these the correct items?

Slim picking for barrow:

Extender-- sept 14 shipping.

Does the EK, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-extender-20mm-m-f-g1-4-black, work the same?

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Don't think you'll have any issues with this. It's very similar to the Quantum model that Fabio has.

Just wanted to chime in and for @M-jeri too. @fabio is using the quantum magnitude block, not the velocity. The velocity is cheaper and about 2.5mm taller, making it actually quite a bit harder to fit in 3 slot mode (where the height limit on CPU side is 50mm), impossible with the torque 90 degrees for sure.

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
Just wanted to chime in and for @M-jeri too. @fabio is using the quantum magnitude block, not the velocity. The velocity is cheaper and about 2.5mm taller, making it actually quite a bit harder to fit in 3 slot mode (where the height limit on CPU side is 50mm), impossible with the torque 90 degrees for sure.
Oh snap, you're right. I'll have to evaluate that block I ordered. If anything I'll order the Alpha NexXxos XP3 Light.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Personally I went with what @fabio is using in terms of tubing and fittings that work with it:

Tubes & Fittings:
  • Alphacool TPV 12.7 / 7.6 they are narrower ridgid tubes that allows for easier bends. Similar to EK ZMT.
  • EK-Quantum Torque Rotary 90° - Black x 4
CPU Block
  • Went with the Barrow LTCP03-04N Nickel edition that provides RGB and a silver/black theme.
Pump & Reservoir
  • Alphacool DC-LT 2600
  • Alphacool DC-LT 40 Reservoir
Radiator
  • Alphacool LT240
GPU
  • EKWB EK-FC Terminal Rotary
So basically along the same lines as what Fabio initially used for his build except for the CPU block.
this is an old iteration of @fabio build, at the moment his build has 0 Alphacool components, the water blocks, fittings and tubing are all EK

@devolv

Thanks for the post!.

I am not married to any one particular setup. :). So yea, if fabio's exact config is what you gave (which I wanted to ask anyways), better to follow it along. I can ask others if issues crop up.

For the tube and fittings, which store has any stocks in it?

Edit: Cant find any of these in stock anywhere. maybe in aquatuning.
Edit2: Are these the correct items?

Slim picking for barrow:

Extender-- sept 14 shipping.

Does the EK, https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-af-extender-20mm-m-f-g1-4-black, work the same?
for the Alphacool setup revolving around the TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing, this is my grocery list (been stuck at custom for 10 days now)
  • Alphacool TPV Straight, metal fittings - x12 (2 packs of 6 each) -> you'll never know when you need these little buggers, like adding splitter or additional in-line stuff like temps sensor
  • Alphacool TPV 90 degree, metal - x6 -> 2 coming out of CPU block, 1-2 coming out of the rad, and 2 for the eventual GPU block next year
  • Alphacool Eiszapfen 20mm extender - x2 -> any other brand 20mm extender would work as it's all G1/4 threads
  • Alphacool Eiszapfen temp sensor adapter - x1 -> kinda like a pass-through fitting to measure coolant temp to be installed in-line
  • 40 DC-LT res + DC-LT 3600 - when I made my purchase the 2600 pump was out of stock with an ETA of 3 months so I didn't bother waiting
good catch there! I just assumed they were the same height and didn't actually check

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
this is an old iteration of @fabio build, at the moment his build has 0 Alphacool components, the water blocks, fittings and tubing are all EK
Fully aware of that. I'm perfectly fine with the old setup. Though he's still using the Alpha TPV metal fittings for anywhere connecting to the tubing of the new setup. I'm likely going to go a bit hybrid with some EKWB some Alphacool. Whatever works tbh.

good catch there! I just assumed they were the same height and didn't actually check

Yeah, I was looking at the Quantum as well, but that's fetching at a high premium price of $300 USD just for the block. Going with the Alpha NexXxos XP3 Light would likely fit since it's 14mm height with a much more affordable price tag. I'm not sure what the difference the temps would be though.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Fully aware of that. I'm perfectly fine with the old setup. Though he's still using the Alpha TPV metal fittings for anywhere connecting to the tubing of the new setup. I'm likely going to go a bit hybrid with some EKWB some Alphacool. Whatever works tbh.
nope, since the last update he has 0 Alphacool components in his build, it's all EK Torque, either straight or in combination with a 90 degree adapter. All EK, 0 Alphacool. Just checked again, he does use Koolance QDC, still 0 Alphacool.

yeah you can combine, it's all good. Visually it might not be a perfect match but if you're okay with that then more options become available

devolv

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2020
nope, since the last update he has 0 Alphacool components in his build, it's all EK Torque, either straight or in combination with a 90 degree adapter. All EK, 0 Alphacool. Just checked again, he does use Koolance QDC, still 0 Alphacool.
You mean with his latest one with a new additional Phanteks Glacier reservoir. I keep forgetting that last one since I've fallen in love with the Dual GPU setup.

@AMv8-1day Here teh Glacier in place!

Yep, no Alphacool at all.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I know, I know, I am always changing!! @devolv the latest one is the one with GTS indeed! I try to change it again during this weekend!

The EKWB Velocity is a bit too high. The side panel will bulge a bit, but nothing serious.
You can use otherwise the amazing Watercool HeatKiller IV Pro, that cost the same, or for a small higher cost if you are in US, the Optimus Block! In this case, for AM4, remember to ask by email to ship also the mounting system with backplate!

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
@fabio Between these 3, what would you pick? for Ryzen.

FOUNDATION CPU BLOCK - AMD,
EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB - AM4 Nickel + Plexi
EK-Quantum Velocity - AMD Nickel + Acetal

3 slot GPU config. so height is a consideration.

for the Alphacool setup revolving around the TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing, this is my grocery list (been stuck at custom for 10 days now)
  • Alphacool TPV Straight, metal fittings - x12 (2 packs of 6 each) -> you'll never know when you need these little buggers, like adding splitter or additional in-line stuff like temps sensor
  • Alphacool TPV 90 degree, metal - x6 -> 2 coming out of CPU block, 1-2 coming out of the rad, and 2 for the eventual GPU block next year
  • Alphacool Eiszapfen 20mm extender - x2 -> any other brand 20mm extender would work as it's all G1/4 threads
  • Alphacool Eiszapfen temp sensor adapter - x1 -> kinda like a pass-through fitting to measure coolant temp to be installed in-line
  • 40 DC-LT res + DC-LT 3600 - when I made my purchase the 2600 pump was out of stock with an ETA of 3 months so I didn't bother waiting

Do you mind giving me a list of ek items, if I use TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing?. Since I am in the US, EK is of course quicker to ship.

I guess most of the items in my original list still usable:

EK-AF Extender 20mm M-F G1/4 - Black
EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90° - Black
EK-CSQ Plug G1/4 with EK-Badge - Nickel - For closing the back extra outlet/hole/port.
Alphacool DC-LT 2600 + Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir-pump

But not sure about other items like this:

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio Between these 3, what would you pick? for Ryzen.

FOUNDATION CPU BLOCK - AMD,
EK-Quantum Magnitude D-RGB - AM4 Nickel + Plexi
EK-Quantum Velocity - AMD Nickel + Acetal

Do you mind giving me a list of ek items, if I use TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing?. Since I am in the US, EK is of course quicker to ship.

I guess most of the items in my original list still usable:

EK-AF Extender 20mm M-F G1/4 - Black
EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90° - Black
EK-CSQ Plug G1/4 with EK-Badge - Nickel - For closing the back extra outlet/hole/port.
Alphacool DC-LT 2600 + Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir-pump

But not sure about other items like this:

Well, you can't use any other compression fittings different from the Alphacool with that tubing! BUT you can, if using the 8mm Barbed fittings.

I suggest than, or the 10/13 fittings from EKWB with its DuraClear 10/13 tubing, or a bit harder solution in terms of space is the one I am using, the 10/16 witht he ZMT EKWB 10/16 tubing.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
Well, you can't use any other compression fittings different from the Alphacool with that tubing! BUT you can, if using the 8mm Barbed fittings.

I suggest than, or the 10/13 fittings from EKWB with its DuraClear 10/13 tubing, or a bit harder solution in terms of space is the one I am using, the 10/16 witht he ZMT EKWB 10/16 tubing.

I did not know that!.

Let me see some builds with clear tube. The black tube is bae. :D