FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
With AM4 there is only one proper way to mount it.
But I’ve tested many CPU block, even the same with different orientation. If anything change it will be around 1C? And this is in the error field. I even use an Intel Magnitude on the 3950X. In the T1 makes no difference. Maybe with more performing radiators like a 360 or a 480 will make difference? But not here.
What is the "proper way"? (Where does the in/out port face?)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
What is the "proper way"? (Where does the in/out port face?)
The ports can only face the VRM, and maybe the ram, but depends from the fittings you will use.
If you want to mount it in the other direction, you have to have a low profile front NVME motherboard and some extender, but I am not even sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: JRey

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Because of the two GPUs, using 2 power connectors each, I had to make my own double crimped power cable, to minimize the amount of cable coming from the PSU.
It was a pain in the ass at the beginning, but thanks to @pslate that has suggested me to use a different terminal made for thicker cable, I was able to get them done!
Can you share what/where you got these terminals for double crimping? I'm interested in daisy-chaining the PCI-E cables. Are those PCI-E cables 16 AWG?

Additionally, I believe I found the picture where you installed a Quadro; is that a Quadro between the mobo and psu? Can you please verify this? I also noticed another photo where you have a device that looks like an aquacomputer for measuring flow and temp. Can you please let us know what that is?

I'm also trying to figure out how to get a flow/temp sensor and have that control the 3-pin pump. Is this not possible with the Quadro? I would have peace of mind if I could find a way to do this. I might need to just buy a PWM pump that is not discontinued.

Thanks!

Last edited:

thatcatpusheen

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2019
If you have a “standard” card and waterblock like the 2080 ti Classic of EKWB (267mm) you can use a DDC 1T Plus PMW and a Bitspower DDC magic Cube.
I had to fine 3mm on my Quantum Vector GPU block to let him fit.
Otherwise The Alphacool 1U ES plus Silicone RTV and Clamps plus the same DDC 1T. At the moment there are not many alternatives!

You have to file down 3mm of the side of the gpu block? :eek: gnarly

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
You have to file down 3mm of the side of the gpu block? :eek: gnarly
Yes, the new EKWB quantum to be "cool", even if you remove the RGB parts, have still 3mm of NOT NEEDED part. The Classic block instead is perfect! (But I don't like plexi in general)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Can you share what/where you got these terminals for double crimping? I'm interested in daisy-chaining the PCI-E cables. Are those PCI-E cables 16 AWG?

Additionally, I believe I found the picture where you installed a Quadro; is that a Quadro between the mobo and psu? Can you please verify this? I also noticed another photo where you have a device that looks like an aquacomputer for measuring flow and temp. Can you please let us know what that is?

I'm also trying to figure out how to get a flow/temp sensor and have that control the 3-pin pump. Is this not possible with the Quadro? I would have peace of mind if I could find a way to do this. I might need to just buy a PWM pump that is not discontinued.

Thanks!

Here we are!!
So, the AWG cable are 17AWG, and the "longer terminal" that allows to have an easier double crimp are these:

Yes, the QUADRO is installed using just one screw on the PSU bracket, near to the MB. Actually, you can mount it also in other spots like near the front NVME, ecc.
You can even have it not fixed if you have trouble to fix it, or use some velcro strap.

For your temp/flow, well, the one I am using is an AquaComputer MPS200 that has an integrated temp sensor header, and one internal.
The problem with the 3-Pin pump is that you can't control it with the QUADRO.

BUT there is a solution, and is called PowerAdjust 3: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3196
It control the DC pump based on a temp sensor header if you want (BE careful, you can do this ONLY if you use the integrated thermal header, and not some on other devices). It has also a flow port to connect to a bulky but really good (mechanical, so precise reading) flow sensor:
But you need a separate cable for this.

For the pump, IMO the best for availability etc is the DDC 1T Plus PMW!

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Edit - forget this question - I've seen you already answered in the other thread!

I know you've mentioned it before - that the case is louder with the fans mounted above the radiator.

Would you say that it's a significant difference? Is it worth the 3-4 degrees between the SE240 and the Black Ice? (assuming you mount underneath on the SE240)

And if you do decide it's the radiator you want to use, and want to sand it down - like I say, just search for cabinetmakers/joiners near to you (there should be a few) and just explain that you need to do this very small job. You can either use a handheld sander or they may have what's called an edge sander. It's only those two little protruding "ribs" which make up the extra space by the look of it - it's not actually very much material - which I'm assuming is aluminium.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Edit - forget this question - I've seen you already answered in the other thread!

I know you've mentioned it before - that the case is louder with the fans mounted above the radiator.

Would you say that it's a significant difference? Is it worth the 3-4 degrees between the SE240 and the Black Ice? (assuming you mount underneath on the SE240)

And if you do decide it's the radiator you want to use, and want to sand it down - like I say, just search for cabinetmakers/joiners near to you (there should be a few) and just explain that you need to do this very small job. You can either use a handheld sander or they may have what's called an edge sander. It's only those two little protruding "ribs" which make up the extra space by the look of it - it's not actually very much material - which I'm assuming is aluminium.
Thanks a lot! BTW, do you think an hand fine can do the job as well??

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Yes - although it will take a lot longer! Especially if you don't have a vice, or something you can use to securely hold it whilst filing.
As far as I can tell the bits that stick out are just the panels that they use to mount the fans on - they aren't part of the cooling structure. And they stick out what... 2-3mm? So you should be able to take 1-1.5mm off each side fairly comfortably.

I think you've convinced me to try this on mine - I really wanted to use one of these based on that xtremerigs data.
Yep - order placed!

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Yes - although it will take a lot longer! Especially if you don't have a vice, or something you can use to securely hold it whilst filing.
As far as I can tell the bits that stick out are just the panels that they use to mount the fans on - they aren't part of the cooling structure. And they stick out what... 2-3mm? So you should be able to take 1-1.5mm off each side fairly comfortably.

I think you've convinced me to try this on mine - I really wanted to use one of these based on that xtremerigs data.
Yep - order placed!
BTW, the external frame seems to be brass! I've scratched the paint, and is gold-ish!

Scottie2h

Case Bender
New User
Apr 4, 2016
BTW, the external frame seems to be brass! I've scratched the paint, and is gold-ish!

if you have any metal fabrication shops in your area you may be able to get them to take that small amount of material off for you with a milling machine. would leave a good finish.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Because a lot of people are continuing to ask which build I am using, here my latest and current one!
I will update the front page with the new part list.
You can see also here the temps after 25min of Blender rendering with a OC of 4.3GHz on ALL CORES at 1.275V.

DreadRotblut

Chassis Packer
Aug 3, 2020
Hello, I am new here so maybe this is another place. Is there any talk of using this 2 slot ITX build idea to do say a capture card and a gpu for a streaming set up?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hello, I am new here so maybe this is another place. Is there any talk of using this 2 slot ITX build idea to do say a capture card and a gpu for a streaming set up?
It is possible with bifurcation (like what fabio has done with his dual titan GPU setup, just take out a titan and put in the capture card), but I don't think anyone has done it.

DreadRotblut

Chassis Packer
Aug 3, 2020
Thank you! Thank you!
Okay, what I was thinking, just did not understand the effects of using x1 or x4 in a x8 slot with the bifurcation

Now inspired to move all my pc's to SFF!
It is possible with bifurcation (like what fabio has done with his dual titan GPU setup, just take out a titan and put in the capture card), but I don't think anyone has done it.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Because a lot of people are continuing to ask which build I am using, here my latest and current one!
I will update the front page with the new part list.
You can see also here the temps after 25min of Blender rendering with a OC of 4.3GHz on ALL CORES at 1.275V.

What happened to the dual GPU?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
What happened to the dual GPU?
I've sold the Titan V, hoping to buy a second Titan RTX, but I am waiting for the new 3090 To check if 2 of them will cost like 1 Titan RTX ?

thatcatpusheen

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2019
Wh
Yes, the new EKWB quantum to be "cool", even if you remove the RGB parts, have still 3mm of NOT NEEDED part. The Classic block instead is perfect! (But I don't like plexi in general)
What’d you end up using to remove the extra 3mm? Just like a hand file?

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Hey, @fabio can you tell me the exact width the GTS rad needs to fit - i.e the dimension between the outsides of the two rails of the case.

I'm taking mine into work tomorrow to get the modding done, in case my T1 arrives over the weekend!