FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
Exactly. But you can put the CPU fan on every other header! So problem solved.
Remember in the CPU minimum fan speed in the BIOS to put “ignore”, so at startup the system doesn’t care if nothing is plugged in the CPU header.

hey Fabio, which mobo would u recommend for this build?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
awesome! was thinking how I could get around that cause normally it cannot boot without anything plugged in to that header (also didn't know what that minimum fan speed setting was for, so double thanks!). though I'm thinking for the rest of 2020 I plan to have the GPU on air, if I use the stock cooler and have 2 fans as feeders those could be plugged to that CPU_FAN header at fixed speed and then be ignored.

also found out a few days ago the SYS_FAN header on the Aorus board is 2A so it can power just about any pump whereas all 3 headers on the Strix are 1A only, too bad the Aorus board itself doesn't have any thermal sensor header like the Asus
All the header at 2A at least is what Gigabyte has told me!

• Wow
Reactions: thelaughingman

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
hey Fabio, which mobo would u recommend for this build?
If you need the Thermal sensor and the new USB-C internal header you have to stay with Asus, maybe the new B550i?
Otherwise I am super happy with Gigabyte!

Reactions: DrHudacris

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
All the header at 2A at least is what Gigabyte has told me!
wow that's nice! not sure why Gigabyte doesn't advertise that at all! though I prefer having less components in the build so will stick the Strix board. you switched out everything Alphacool from your build right? so now it's mostly EK's stuff (ZMT tubings, fittings etc.)?

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
If you need the Thermal sensor and the new USB-C internal header you have to stay with Asus, maybe the new B550i?
Otherwise I am super happy with Gigabyte!

b555i has a thermal sensor? Well, thats a point against x570i

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
wow that's nice! not sure why Gigabyte doesn't advertise that at all! though I prefer having less components in the build so will stick the Strix board. you switched out everything Alphacool from your build right? so now it's mostly EK's stuff (ZMT tubings, fittings etc.)?
Yes! All EK apart the DDC Top and the thermal inline fittings that are AquaComputer.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Fabio, Im really fascinated by your build and inspired by your moto by having new ideas, pushing that case to the limit :)
I just have a small question, in the part 2 of your build we see one of the tube going between the motherboard and the PSU, but what is the clearance between them ?
Im trying to get all part for my future case and was just wondering if I should go for an ID 10mm /OD 13 mm tube and all the appropriate fittings

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Hi Fabio, Im really fascinated by your build and inspired by your moto by having new ideas, pushing that case to the limit :)
I just have a small question, in the part 2 of your build we see one of the tube going between the motherboard and the PSU, but what is the clearance between them ?
Im trying to get all part for my future case and was just wondering if I should go for an ID 10mm /OD 13 mm tube and all the appropriate fittings
Mine were 12.7mm so 13mm is perfect!!

Reactions: Mao_Setzer

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
Fabio, question regarding the bifurcation riser and clearances in 3-slot mode.

I'm currently planning to put a 2080ti and 9900k in a custom loop and have been looking towards your build as inspiration. I want to add a second slot for an additional USB 3.1 gen 2 card pcie (just gaming so don't need a 2nd GPU like you), and was wondering what the best solution is for placement of the card and the GPU.

Is there enough clearance to put the fittings and tubing runs on the back (spine side) of the waterblock (it is an EK 2080ti FE block) if the GPU is in the second slot? This will allow me to hide the USB card behind the GPU for a cleaner look. If not, will using terminal fittings on top work better?

Alternatively, should I give up on this config and just use a spaced out bifurcation riser, putting the USB card in front (mesh side) of the block?

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Do you know how many metres you used?1-2?

Also, how do you drain the loop?

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Do you know how many metres you used?1-2?

Also, how do you drain the loop?
Which setup are you interested to know how to drain? For the tube, to be sure buy 2/3 meters! Are pretty cheap and is better to have it!

Reactions: DrHudacris

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
The latest one - with the DDC.

I'm thinking about doing something very similar, so I'm curious as to how you've done that bit.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
The latest one - with the DDC.

I'm thinking about doing something very similar, so I'm curious as to how you've done that bit.
You just put some towel around one of the IN port, you open it, attach a long tube and you lift and turn the case removing as much as you can can the coolant.
If you add a T fittings before the IN in the GPU, you can also add another tube and blowing hardly to remove all the liquid.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio what would you recommend as the next upgrade after 2600 pump + 40 DC-LT reservoir? Since the pump and reservoir are low stock.
If you have a “standard” card and waterblock like the 2080 ti Classic of EKWB (267mm) you can use a DDC 1T Plus PMW and a Bitspower DDC magic Cube.
I had to fine 3mm on my Quantum Vector GPU block to let him fit.
Otherwise The Alphacool 1U ES plus Silicone RTV and Clamps plus the same DDC 1T. At the moment there are not many alternatives!

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
@fabio
When you used the LT Solo in your build, did you experiment with orientation to find the best temps on your 3950x?

I plan to get the Zen 3 equivalent of the 3700x and plan to have the in/out ports pointing towards the PCIE slot, but i'm unsure if that will provide the best cooling based on the fin layout and water flow.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio
When you used the LT Solo in your build, did you experiment with orientation to find the best temps on your 3950x?

I plan to get the Zen 3 equivalent of the 3700x and plan to have the in/out ports pointing towards the PCIE slot, but i'm unsure if that will provide the best cooling based on the fin layout and water flow.
With AM4 there is only one proper way to mount it.
But I’ve tested many CPU block, even the same with different orientation. If anything change it will be around 1C? And this is in the error field. I even use an Intel Magnitude on the 3950X. In the T1 makes no difference. Maybe with more performing radiators like a 360 or a 480 will make difference? But not here.

Reactions: ten13th