Evolv Shift shrinked: DAN A4 rules!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Hi guys,
while I am waiting to finish my Cerberus-X build, I've decided to shrink my actual system from an Evolv Shift in a DAN case.

Well, now the size is PERFECT!! Thanks to @Thehack and his frame I was able to put the Noctua A9x14 on the Cryorig C7 cu, having now a perfect balance between noise and temperature.
The amazing @SilverStone NJ450 does perfectly its job, with no problem running Prime and AIDA for 1 hour. Ambient temps are around 30 degree.

The only problem is the backside mounted 960 EVO SSD, it's reaching 70 degree under test, and 40 in idle.
I will change the GPU from a Titan V (I will put in the Cerberus-X) for a quadro P5000 or whatever Nvidia will present at the Siggraph. Maybe less heat from the GPU will help to cool down the SSD.
Or just wait for the new Z390 mobo to see if there will be some interesting with a front SSD mount.

The temp for me are ok, 85 degree Max under Prime, 40 degree in idle and working with Rhinoceros 3D, Photoshop and Illustrator doesn't go over 60!
THe fan spin at 50%, but I want to try to have it running at 40% till 50 degree. I'll see. BTW, it's WAY more silent than the C7 stock fan! So, thanks to @dondan to have created this case! It is a masterpiece!

Here the config:

Intel 8700K Delidded at Stock (Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut applied)
Cryorig C7 cu with Noctua A9x14 and TheHack 3D printed frame
ASrock Z370 Fatal1ty ITX
Titan V (I will change it with a less power-hungry Quadro)
SilverStone NJ450 Passive
Corsair LPX 32GB
2xSSD 860 EVO 1TB
1xSSD 960 EVO 500GB

And following the previous build and the new one! Enjoy!

Last edited:

duke00

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2016
Hi, realy nice job. Can you check the temps of the psu under full load for us other user ? i find this psu very intresting for the dan A4 case ;D

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Sure! How can I measure it? Is there any sensor integrated for it? Now it will be after my holiday, so in 3 weeks! But sure! I will do it!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Awesome!

Why did you have to shrink it tho? Had to go full Hardcore? ;D
Awesome!

Why did you have to shrink it tho? Had to go full Hardcore? ;D
Honestly? After got the Cerberus-X, everything was too much bigger than before! I’ve started to look at first to the Louqe, but I’ve ended with the DAN for the support of the community and to go extreme to test it! And I am so happy about it!

TGAIO

Trash Compacter
Jul 19, 2018
Honestly? After got the Cerberus-X, everything was too much bigger than before! I’ve started to look at first to the Louqe, but I’ve ended with the DAN for the support of the community and to go extreme to test it! And I am so happy about it!

Bro since i got my Dan i think every other Itx is big as hell. Im like "Wait what, you have a Atx board inside and it still feels empty, how?"

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
The PSU Fafa face inside?
Don’t know which is the “inside”. I have the motherboard connector on the PSU on the same side of the motherboard. Just did it because was a better orientation for the PSU cable.

Is there a way to check the temp under load?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Bro since i got my Dan i think every other Itx is big as hell. Im like "Wait what, you have a Atx board inside and it still feels empty, how?"
Indeed! The 95 percent is just a waste of space justified with “air flow and endless configuration”.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Would you be keeping your build in the A4-SFX? Or moving back to the Cerberus X?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Would you be keeping your build in the A4-SFX? Or moving back to the Cerberus X?
Yes of course! Maybe I will change the M.B. if something good will be released with the Z390.

The Cerberus is for my “production” workstation, totally another build!

Last edited:

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Sure! How can I measure it? Is there any sensor integrated for it? Now it will be after my holiday, so in 3 weeks! But sure! I will do it!
Considering the PSU doesn't have any exhaust, the only measurements you can get is by sticking some sort of thermal sensor onto the outside. Not exactly ideal, as that doesn't tell you anything about internal temperatures, but without voiding your warranty it's the best you'll get. If you do this, place your sensors somewhere the hottest components; the Smallformfactor.net review should give you some pointers on where they are located.
The PSU Fafa face inside?
Am I correct in assuming that's an autocorrect-induced typo for "fan"? If so: that's a fanless PSU, the new Silverstone NightJar NJ450-SXL. No fans, it's completely closed-off, uses its side panels as heatsinks.

Reactions: fabio and jtd871

Mtthwmths

Trash Compacter
Jan 24, 2018
What a nice room! That's a super clean build, especially considering the SFX-L with stock cables... Awesome Stuff!

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Considering the PSU doesn't have any exhaust, the only measurements you can get is by sticking some sort of thermal sensor onto the outside. Not exactly ideal, as that doesn't tell you anything about internal temperatures, but without voiding your warranty it's the best you'll get. If you do this, place your sensors somewhere the hottest components; the Smallformfactor.net review should give you some pointers on where they are located.

Am I correct in assuming that's an autocorrect-induced typo for "fan"? If so: that's a fanless PSU, the new Silverstone NightJar NJ450-SXL. No fans, it's completely closed-off, uses its side panels as heatsinks.
Thank you for the suggestion!