Introducing my first project case!

Case Specifications:
  • Dimensions: 210*200*70, ~3.2L
  • ITX motherboard without GPU
  • Cooler height with M.2 SSD: 48mm
  • Cooler height with 2x 2.5'' drives under motherboard: 40mm
  • built for external power bricks

Rev 1 prototype:

The prototype was built using Form 2 & formlabs standard white resin, and was spray painted afterwards. Production models will likely use SLS or MJF nylon if any are built.

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
is the main shell two halves? o_o I imagine you'd be able to stack more per unit volume if one half can nest near the other when printing in SLS (like stacking plates)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Damn, now that is a very slick design. Are you using your own printer?

JetA1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
is the main shell two halves? o_o I imagine you'd be able to stack more per unit volume if one half can nest near the other when printing in SLS (like stacking plates)
The first prototype was printed in 6 parts because of the small build volume of the form 2, the SLS part will be sliced into 3 parts to minimize manufacturing cost.

Reactions: VegetableStu

JetA1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Damn, now that is a very slick design. Are you using your own printer?
Thanks! I printed the case at the makerspace in my school. The printers are free to use, but I still don't have my own printer.

Fr0styWalrus

What's an ITX?
Feb 22, 2018
Pretty nice! Any low profile gpu prototype in the works? I would love to see that and hopefully it will have good thermals. I really like the design.

JetA1

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Pretty nice! Any low profile gpu prototype in the works? I would love to see that and hopefully it will have good thermals. I really like the design.
Thanks for the reply! I tried a few different variants to make room for a flex PSU or a low profile graphics card, but unfortunately making it thicker/longer tends to mess up the design too much or costs too much (over $400) to order from imaterialize/shapeways.

Work in progress!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I think these designs would work well for most FDM printers. Shapeways doesn't use FDM anyhow, and typically their processes are more expensive than that.