DAN C4-SFX

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Well, at least Caseking even still has Version 2 ;)
So v2 did not even sell out before v3, v4 and v4.1 hit the market.

Yeah cool, I'm not a beta tester but a business though.
I think the single available A4-SFX v2 is a return case. The A4-SFX is only available because they ordered too much while the market was changing from dual to triple slot gpus. This has nothing to do with better available chain.

Without knowing the numbers, you cannot tell if there was less demand for the several versions of the A4-SFX or if they simply produced more units.

And what about the A4-H2O? It is smaller than the C4-SFX and is mostly limited to AiO cooling for the CPU, so it is "more niche" than a C4-SFX. Why was that design given to Lian Li to produce and market it? Why not do the same with the C4-SFX? I would prefer being able to buy an LL-branded C4 over not being able to buy a Dan-branded one.

A4-h20 is sold by Lian Li and made in mass production. They have resellers all over the world.

Sorry, that should read *a week since supplies hit stores*

It was available 4 weeks.

Reactions: Dampfbox

rgomes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 9, 2023
@dondan when will OCUK update pre-orders regarding whether or not they were assigned a case from the remaining stock?

Tried reaching out to support but they keep replying with vague statements, seems like now that it's officially sold out it should be fairly easy for them to tell us whether or not there is a case for our order?

rgomes

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 9, 2023
@dondan when will OCUK update pre-orders regarding whether or not they were assigned a case from the remaining stock?

Tried reaching out to support but they keep replying with vague statements, seems like now that it's officially sold out it should be fairly easy for them to tell us whether or not there is a case for our order?

ackrite26

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2023

when did you order?

dfsaqwe

Cable Smoosher
Jun 12, 2019
@dondan the v1 is obviously a popular case, a lot of people seem happy with its current design regardless. you should definitely consider some more runs.

mark4u

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 13, 2023
Update:

Good news and bad news! The C4-SFX v1 is sold out. Nearly everyone that is on OcUK preorder will get a case. Caseking is now moving the last inventory to them.
Before you ask there will be not a second production run of the v1 !

I already startet my work on v2. I will change a lot of things so the v2 will be more like a C4-TWOt. I can show you more within the next two weeks. The v2 will be on preorder later this year and shipped early 2024.

Thank you for all of your support on C4-SFX v1. :)
What happened to the Newegg release Q4 2023?

SilentKnight

Cable Smoosher
Jun 4, 2023
@dondan the v1 is obviously a popular case, a lot of people seem happy with its current design regardless. you should definitely consider some more runs.
The thing is that there is also a bunch of people not happy with it.

IMO, I understand Dan's point of view. If they receive the case, and aren't happy with, they will return it or resell it. Dan will have overstock cases that won't get sold or will be forced to sell it at lower price point.

I do think it's better to do one more run of the same amount and stop at that.

HeisenbergVII

Efficiency Noob
Jun 13, 2023
Hi Guys,

I am new to the SFF community but I've been always around the PC/building world.

I am finally planning to move to mITX, and after having looked for months at possible alternatives, I ended up choosing the C4-SFX, which fits all my needs in terms of build/size/cooling options.

Components will be:

- Ryzen 7900 (w/PBO enabled/tuned) // Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme thermal Paste
- Asus B650E-I Strix
- 32GB DDR5 G.Skill Flare X5 6000
- Samsung 980 Pro 2TB as main drive
- 4TB Kingston NV2 as secondary SSD drive
- AMD RX6800 Reference (I already own it)
- Two Arctic P12s slim on top as intake for the GPU
- Corsair SF750
- Noctua A9x14 as exhaust/intake (depending on how the CPU will be cooled)

Now, I'd have a couple of questions regarding CPU cooling, it's some time that I'm digging through this thread and other sources of info, to understand a couple of things, but I'd like to avoid making a mistake when buying the components.

Concerning Air Cooling, I saw that it would be possible to mount on the left side of the Noctua D12L a second 120mm fan. In that case, would it be still possible to install a 140mm fan as exhaust on the side bracket like seen on most configurations ? So to have, two 120mm on the Noctua D12L, the A9 fan as intake on the side and the 140mm as exhaust ?

Then regarding an AIO, would it be possible to install two 120mm/140mm as push-intakes(fans visible from the outside on the fan bracket) and still getting a good fit for the AIO unit ? I tend to exclude the Arctic Freezers since they are already a tight fit by installing the fans a pull-intakes, in the internal part of the radiator, but I have no idea about other AIO coolers. I saw from Dan's testing that in general is possible and it gives the best result for CPU Temps, but apparently no one is using it.

Thanks in advance. I hope to share with you some photos of the build asap (I started buying some of the components).

yj668

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
If I now continue the v1 there is a bit of danger for my reseller to sit on stock after v2 teaser/release.

Ultra limited? We ordered a 40 feet container full of cases.
I am a very small company so a stable supply isnt possible. There will always be time frames where my cases are not available.
I am also interested in having a product years on the market with only tiny changes - but the v2 idea is too good not to made.
I am not in contact with any system builder so i do not think this is a problem.

Trust me the v2 will be as good as the v1. Here are some specs I can talk about:

- same layout as the v1
- a tiny bit less in volume
- new look
- flat pack (much easier for shipping and much more economic) - like IKEA
- hardware compatibility increased
- extra kits to customize colors
Is the planned product made by Lian Li or a different factory?

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
That... didn't answer their question.
To my knowledge the A4-H20 isn't technically "by Dan" even if it's an iterated Dancase A4, Lian Li took the A4 and changed it and can afford to mass-produce it because they're a case OEM. Similarly to the debacle with the SSUPD Meshlicious and the original designers being fucked over.

ivanzax

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2023
Update on my PC setup. My MSI SuprimX 4090 just arrived and managed to fit into the case. It took a bit of time to figure out how to fit in (I had to unscrew USB and power button plate before GPU installation, I put it back after).

I like this case so much, so easy to assemble, fit in components, and quality is superior.

Will post some pictures this weekend.

johnnyvm

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 13, 2023
Any idea about orders through Computer Orbit, and if they'll continue to be fulfilled? I made mine on May 29th, so I'm hoping I got in early enough.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Update:

I already startet my work on v2. I will change a lot of things so the v2 will be more like a
C4-TWOt. I can show you more within the next two weeks. The v2 will be on preorder later this year and shipped early 2024.
What meaning does C4-TWOt imply? Particularly, the TWOt part?
2t? Some kind of an acronym?

This is both good news and bad news to me. I am going to pick a case between the C4-SFX and the Ncase M1EVO.
Now this selling out might just 'help' me to decide on the M1EVO as it now becomes the sole contender. (Well, there is the FF-01 too).
However, I gather (from your eagerness to produce v2) that those ''a lot of things'' must be fairly appreciable 'improvements' over the v1. This could be interesting when you reveal more in the next 2 weeks.