DAN C4-SFX

Gramkow

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2022
Great build :) but why not route the top fan cables over the back?
Good point. Will do that. Did consider routing the 12VHPWR over the back as well as was shown on the Founders Edition build you did, but that interferes with the center fan on the 4090 I have.

Absolutely love the case. Great design, just as the A4-SFX v4.1 which holds my other system :)

ssbowtie1

What's an ITX?
New User
May 21, 2023
I noticed Linus used the NZXT x63 280 AIO. Does the Arctic LF 2 280 AIO have any chance of fitting in this case? I'm thinking no considering it's a very tight and uncomfortable fit in the NR200 and that's a wider case with essentially the same mounting setup.

marjak

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2023
@dondan thanks for finally releasing this, been following this project for a while and have been enjoying my A4.

I wanted to ask what are internal measurements of the case? The manual only states external dimensions (https://www.dan-cases.com/downloads/c4sfx_manual1.0.pdf) and I'm not able to understand how thick of a fan I can fit in the side with an SF750 PSU as well.

If I had exact internal measurements in the manual, I would be able to do these calculations myself. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Please give me more details what you plan with the PSU and fan so I can help you on this.

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I've also received my cases on Friday (both, a silver and a black - will be doing 2 builds). As i started taking my "desk-build" apart on the weekend and tried to do some "dry-fits" i realized that both of my alpha-cool rads don't fit (they're too wide). So either i put the fans on the "outside" or i go and get some other rads (cause with fans on the outside i would blow the hot air inside the case and also wouldn't have much space for the fittings. I think i could also take off 1mm on each corner of the rad (cause it's really not much). On top it just bends the push-pin holders a bit to the side (havent tried closing the case with that).

@dondan: which radiators did you use/test with?
mine are the AlphaCoolNexXxoS HPE-30 and NexXxoS HPE-45

Also: Now that its inside the case i could see that - as with the AMD board previously, also on the Intel board (Asus Z790-I) the GPU Backplate collides with the Chipset/VRM Cooler Block. It fits, but the GPU is not perfectly lined up straight. Positive fact: From the height perspective the 30mm radiator with the full-size 25mm fans on top fits perfectly above the GPU on the top of the case (even some space to get some air :-)).

Reactions: rfarmer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Just do fans first and than radiator. The bracket allowes for 141mm wide ones. Some radiators are 143/144mm and will not fit.

How do you fit 30mm rad + 25mm fans at the top? Do you have a single slot waterblock gpu? I recommend to use 140mm slim fans on the 30mm rad to get more air in :)

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
Ok, i'll try that, would you recommend pulling air from inside through the rad and blow the hot air outside then or pulling fresh from the outside and pushing it through the rad inside the case? (or one rad pushing and the other pulling?)

Yeah i'm using the Alphacool ES RTX 4090 Block (https://www.alphacool.com/shop/graf...force-rtx-4090-reference-design-mit-backplate) - haven't measured it, but i think it's still 6-10mm space between GPU block and rad/fans, i'll make some pics tonight (but finalized build will take some time - it should be perfect and i need to order some new fittings, thinner tubes, shorter PSU cables etc. :-) )

Sidenote: also both of my delidded 13900k's are back to life again, ram issues were simply due to some liquid metal/dirt on some contacts on the bottom of the cpus 😱 (haven't cleaned the bottom after delidding...)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I would setup it with all fans pulling air from the inside of the case and push it out. This should be best for overall temps. Also if you put the fans before rad it will result in less noise :)

What a luck with the liquid metal :)

Reactions: thelaughingman

izumka

What's an ITX?
New User
May 22, 2023
Hello Daniel! My case on it's way and I'm collecting all the parts. Going all air with Noctua D12L and RTX4080. I'm confused with fans sizes. One 140 on the side and two 120x15 on top? Am I correct?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Caseking told me Batch 1 shipping and also batch2 shipping is on the way to them. But this is all what i know.

Reactions: Oggie

Wolfe1

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2019
Hello Daniel! My case on it's way and I'm collecting all the parts. Going all air with Noctua D12L and RTX4080. I'm confused with fans sizes. One 140 on the side and two 120x15 on top? Am I correct?
I believe the top fans can be 140mm or 120mm with thickness depending on how thick your GPU is, you have a maximum thickness of 80mm to work with GPU + fans. I have a 2.2 slot Evga 3080ti so I aim to place two 140x25 fans there.

And if you are air cooling the CPU then yes its a single 140mm on the side.

Reactions: izumka