DAN C4-SFX

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
@dondan ; I apologize in advance, as it may have been previously discussed, but I have been unable to find the answer while scrolling through the pages.

Can you fit a second fan on the Noctua NH-D12L (and if so what fan)? Is there a great benefit to going for a 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer instead of the NH-D12L in terms of noise or performance? Meaning, what is the best route between a D12L and a 280mm Liquid Freezer?

Thank you in advance!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A second fan will only fit if you have VLP ram or on the other side if you have a motherboard without IO surrounding.

Reactions: bushonpen

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The cases are manufactured and assembled in Taiwan, correct?

If so, for someone residing in Taiwan and planing to order one, the shipping route will not be very efficient as the cases will be shipped from Taiwan to warehouses overseas (Newegg in US or Orbit in the UK) as stock inventory and then be shipped back to him to fulfill an order. As I reside in HK, I will probably face this same inefficiency too.

Any advice to save the shipping cost?

Overarch6654

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 5, 2023
EDIT:
For those of you who are already buying parts - be aware when choosing your motherboard/GPU Combo... I just did a test-fit and have to rethink my build as the GPU does not fit due to the massive cooler/M.2 Mount pre-installed on the motherboard 😥:

Please tell me that's not the ASUS X670E-I, ordered everything assuming I could use that exact block and mobo.

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I'm sorry but yes that is(was) the ASUS X670E-I. I think - if you're willing to loose also the motherboards warranty - you could fit it if you lay hands on the cooling block, but as i didn't want to mess around with it (i want a clean build) i dropped the AMD version and am now at Intel.

Small update on my build: Somehow i managed to kill my 13900K (or at least partially) when delidding, as it just wants to boot up with a single stick of RAM now. But i already got a replacement and delidded the next 13900K - now with success. So I'm ready for the case to arrive :-)

Overarch6654

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 5, 2023
I'm sorry but yes that is(was) the ASUS X670E-I. I think - if you're willing to loose also the motherboards warranty - you could fit it if you lay hands on the cooling block, but as i didn't want to mess around with it (i want a clean build) i dropped the AMD version and am now at Intel.

Small update on my build: Somehow i managed to kill my 13900K (or at least partially) when delidding, as it just wants to boot up with a single stick of RAM now. But i already got a replacement and delidded the next 13900K - now with success. So I'm ready for the case to arrive :-)
When you say lay hands on the cooling block, you mean the modifying the SSD coolerblock?
Else did/does it look like it would fit if somehow the back-plate of GPU block was cut to make space? (matching the SSD's silhouette?
Sorry to hear about the first sacrificial CPU, can't wait to see pics from your and everyone elses builds. Really hope i can resolve the waterblock issue and join everyone.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The cases are manufactured and assembled in Taiwan, correct?

Factory is in China. Only office is left in Taiwan.

The main problem is that there are no units left in China. All are shiped to my resellers. Maybe you can order in Japan to save shipping costs?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Factory is in China. Only office is left in Taiwan.

The main problem is that there are no units left in China. All are shiped to my resellers. Maybe you can order in Japan to save shipping costs?
Just checked Japan's status. Do not know the shipping cost but the listed price is JP¥ 36,980 (= US$ 275), which is a little on the high side. Maybe it is due to the currency exchange? I am expecting the price closer to $200 rather than to $300.

Anyway, I will wait and see how the NCase M1EVO turns out to be.

Igor_B

Trash Compacter
Jan 9, 2022
Just checked Japan's status. Do not know the shipping cost but the listed price is JP¥ 36,980 (= US$ 275), which is a little on the high side. Maybe it is due to the currency exchange? I am expecting the price closer to $200 rather than to $300.

Thank you for your opinion. It's appreciated

• Haha
Reactions: Oggie

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

IIRC there's no official price yet right? I only saw "Price tag: ~200€". Conversion to USD as at the time of this post is around $224.

Anyway, theoretically shipment cost from China to Japan, plus perhaps export/import taxes imposed by each country (if any), will add up into the price.

I agree that for your scenario (and generally for people living in Asia), direct shipment from China would be the best.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
IIRC there's no official price yet right? I only saw "Price tag: ~200€". Conversion to USD as at the time of this post is around $224.

Anyway, theoretically shipment cost from China to Japan, plus perhaps export/import taxes imposed by each country (if any), will add up into the price.

I agree that for your scenario (and generally for people living in Asia), direct shipment from China would be the best.
I do not see any price in the Dan Case's official webpage.

guru3d reported an 'estimated' price of USD 235.

Dan lists Dirac as the Japan's reseller where there is no listed price. But another Japanese online store 'leaked' the price of JP¥ 36,980, which I suspect should be accurate.

For the C4-SFX, I will wait for Newegg's listing in Q3. Afterall, I want to compare the C4 with the M1EVO, which supposedly should be released this month (?).
(I really do not like the idea of having a chassis took a 'round trip' boat ride across the Pacific.)

Reactions: ignsvn

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
The guru news is fake. I never send them a press release. 11 May is launch date for Japan.

I see what you mean, Guru3d are quoting case dimensions as follows: "The body size is 216mm in width, 398mm in depth, 311mm in height, 4.8kg in weight, and 14.7 liters in capacity."
They seem to have quoted the carton dimensions that really don't add up to 14.7L... 26L anyone? 🤣🤯

Reactions: dondan and rfarmer

slavkobabac

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2023
@dondan
is it possible to fit 2x 120/140mm bottom fans for intake? If so, have you tested that and is it worth it?
2x top 140mm fans would work great I guess, but bottom could help even more, or?
By "bottom" I mean "under" the case, where the case feet are.

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
@dondan
is it possible to fit 2x 120/140mm bottom fans for intake? If so, have you tested that and is it worth it?
2x top 140mm fans would work great I guess, but bottom could help even more, or?
By "bottom" I mean "under" the case, where the case feet are.
In my opinion, even if you would fit fans under the case, the added flow restriction would make the difference in perfomance negligible.

slavkobabac

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 9, 2023
In my opinion, even if you would fit fans under the case, the added flow restriction would make the difference in perfomance negligible.
Alright, thanks. That means OptimumTech's fan locations with top 2x 140mm fans as intake and 1x 140mm side fan as exhaust would be the best?

Maybe another question. Instead of NH-D12L, would a Thermalright Silver Soul 135 be another decent option? Or do you have any other recommendations?
With Thermalright it may be possible to fit another 80/92/120mm fan to the back of the case as intake, might be worth it if it fits, or?

loosen

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 28, 2022
Alright, thanks. That means OptimumTech's fan locations with top 2x 140mm fans as intake and 1x 140mm side fan as exhaust would be the best?

Maybe another question. Instead of NH-D12L, would a Thermalright Silver Soul 135 be another decent option? Or do you have any other recommendations?
With Thermalright it may be possible to fit another 80/92/120mm fan to the back of the case as intake, might be worth it if it fits, or?
I believe the layouts in the manual were tested to be shown the best: