DAN C4-SFX

cy-one

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2020
Yeah. My new PC (MoBo and CPU hopefully today, if Hermes doesn't screw it up... GPU is coming via snailmail-DHL on Friday) will just be ghettorigged on the table without a case until May :D

Reactions: rfarmer

kingyr

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2023
Hey all! not sure if this has been answered, but if I ran a D12L with 2 fans, will the 140mm fan still fit? also will 2 slim fans fit about a 4090 Suprim X? thank you :) and apologies if this has already been asked!

bobsala

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 20, 2023
@dondan I am able to get a xfx speedster 6950 xt for a insane low price from a friend. The card is 340 mm long and the upper limit of the C4-SFX is also 340mm.

Would it fit fine or could the card be too long? If its to long I would get something else as I will 100% get the case.

jamescarter117

Chassis Packer
Mar 2, 2020
I am planning to buy 1 or 2 cases in the coming couple months.

4 cases have made into the final list:- this case (Dan C4-SFX), Ncase M1EVO, COOJ Z13 and Acat x2.
Very similar cases but each has its pros and cons.
I am now in the 'scratching-my-head' stage.
Can you share your analyse so far?

Skybar

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2023
I’m very eager to get my new build going, and i’m debating whether its a good idea to assemble everything without the case - and once it arrives, move it in. Do you think its possible to move the motherboard with the noctua D12L into the C4 without disassembling it? If I do have to take the cpu cooler off its probably not worth the hassle to me and i’ll just wait a bit more..

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I did it but it is hard and you will not be able to screw in all motherboard screws with high force. But it will stay in place.

Reactions: Skybar

galacticviking

Case Bender
New User
Apr 24, 2023
Hi Dan,

Could you confirm that the MSI GAMING TRIO 4090 fits in the C4-SFX? The 4080 version (337 x 140 x 67 mm) is not the same size as the 4090 (337 x 140 x 77 mm).

Thanks you

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
I have a question for @m4nii and @dondan about the EKWB CPU+Pump*Res Combo for AM5. Since the c4-sfx case has the whole pc flipped upside down, the fill port of the res would be on the bottom. Therefore the Reservoir would be on the bottom aswell.

Could this lead to denying the reservoir its ability to absorb air bubbles?

I have looked at the renderred images of the case multiple times and noticed a bit of "free space" between the psu and the possible side rad + fan.
Is there a something like a detailed dimensions image so i can tell if it would be possible to fit a pump+ res there?

Thanks a lot in advance. Cant wait for my order on Caseking :)

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I'm Team Blue (Socket 1700) now due to issues with the GPU, but it's the same here - i rotated the block by 180° - the block (even with the direct-die adapter for Socket 1700) is 100% symmetrical on the bottom (don't know for AMD - either check pics or send an inquiry to EKWB - they respond pretty quick). The only thing that was close with the rotation is, that the outlets for the cables are then on the "wrong" side, where in my case theres some VRM/Chipset cooling stuff right underneath the Block. Its close but it fits, its just some hassle to fit the block and route the cables (at least for the first time - i reassembled the thing now quite often, so i'm already used to it :D).

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
I'm Team Blue (Socket 1700) now due to issues with the GPU, but it's the same here - i rotated the block by 180° - the block (even with the direct-die adapter for Socket 1700) is 100% symmetrical on the bottom (don't know for AMD - either check pics or send an inquiry to EKWB - they respond pretty quick). The only thing that was close with the rotation is, that the outlets for the cables are then on the "wrong" side, where in my case theres some VRM/Chipset cooling stuff right underneath the Block. Its close but it fits, its just some hassle to fit the block and route the cables (at least for the first time - i reassembled the thing now quite often, so i'm already used to it :D).
I looked at it again and it looks symmetrical for the AMD Version aswell, so this might be a solution.

Which GPU issues are you referring to? The "bending" because of the block colliding with the motherboard? Iam very into the alphacool enterprise 1 slot block, but iam not sure if i want to buy an inno3d 4090. I was always an evga guy because of their "we dont care if you watercool your gpu" RMA - policy.
Did you have any issues yet with your inno3d model? I heard that they have "cheap" power componentes, but on the other hand i would undervolt it anyway.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Reactions: rfarmer

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
There is an EKWB single slot block for Zotac cards:
Thanks for the link. But to be honest with you, i dont really dig into that ek look especially if you factor in the price.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Thanks for the link. But to be honest with you, i dont really dig into that ek look especially if you factor in the price.
I'd prefer the EK look and quality over Alphacool, so to each his own I guess :)

Also, you're not going to see much of the block in a C4-SFX anyway.

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
I'd prefer the EK look and quality over Alphacool, so to each his own I guess :)

Also, you're not going to see much of the block in a C4-SFX anyway.
One more reason to go with the cheaper one :p

I will probably look for a good Deal on the gpu first and then pick the according block