DAN C4-SFX

cy-one

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2020
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X, it should fit as far as I am aware (clearance being 336x137x79mm, GPU size being 320x135.75x71.6mm)
Just to make sure, the GPU should fit, yes?
I'm asking because my impatience is killing me :D I could wait until I have the case to buy the GPU, but.. that may be a month away. And I could buy the GPU now :/

boundary-stone

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2023
I'm asking because my impatience is killing me :D I could wait until I have the case to buy the GPU, but.. that may be a month away. And I could buy the GPU now :/
Don't buy anything until you can build / test the full system right away. If your GPU is DOA, your motherboard has annoying coil whine, your RAm / mobo don't play well together you'll want to know asap so you can return/ exchange the affected parts quickly.

This is even more of an issue with AM5 systems since it's still a new enough platform to be a bit quirky. It can be harder than you might expect to track down whether or not issues are hardware or configuration related.

If anything buy the GPU last since you can build / test everything (except GPU fitment) without a discrete GPU installed.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes the card will fit

Reactions: cy-one

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I am planning to buy 1 or 2 cases in the coming couple months.

4 cases have made into the final list:- this case (Dan C4-SFX), Ncase M1EVO, COOJ Z13 and Acat x2.
Very similar cases but each has its pros and cons.
I am now in the 'scratching-my-head' stage.

Curetia

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2021
My build should be something like this:
Board: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (190€ cheaper than 7800X3D
RAM: Corsair Vengeance grau DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36-36-36-76
Graphic: Gainward GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Phoenix GS
SSD: 2x Samsung 990Pro 2TB
Power: Corsair SF Series Platinum SF750
Cooling: ??? Should I go for the Noctua D12L or should I go for a 280 AIO (I don‘t know which one) ???

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Board: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X (190€ cheaper than 7800X3D
So you save 190€ on the CPU (while sacrificing performance in exchange, fair enough) but then proceed to blow 430€ for a motherboard that offers zero performance benefit over a Strix B650E-I?

Just save those 150€, add 40€ and go for the X3D CPU...

Also, if you're about saving money without losing a ton of real life performance, you can pick Samsung 980 Pros, saving 40€ each.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
So you save 190€ on the CPU (while sacrificing performance in exchange, fair enough) but then proceed to blow 430€ for a motherboard that offers zero performance benefit over a Strix B650E-I?

Also, if you're about saving money without losing a ton of real life performance, you can pick Samsung 980 Pros, saving 40€ each.
I have to admit I was wondering about the motherboard choice with that CPU.

Curetia

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2021

Thanks for your advice and the admit from @rfarmer

I changed my list:
Board: ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I Gaming WIFI
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: Corsair Vengeance grau DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR5-6000, CL36-36-36-76
Graphic: Gainward GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Phoenix GS
SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 SSD
Power: Corsair SF Series Platinum SF750

But the cooling option which one should I use? 🤔

Last edited:

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
But the cooling option which one should I use?
As the C4-SFX is designed with potent air cooling in mind, imho you should either go full air colling or full liquid cooling - I personally do not see use for a 280mm AiO.

So choosing the NH-D12L will suffice cooling-wise and will also save you some more money compared to an AiO. And it will most likely last longer.

Reactions: Curetia

sparkymark75

Efficiency Noob
Mar 2, 2023
As the C4-SFX is designed with potent air cooling in mind, imho you should either go full air colling or full liquid cooling - I personally do not see use for a 280mm AiO.

So choosing the NH-D12L will suffice cooling-wise and will also save you some more money compared to an AiO. And it will most likely last longer.
I wonder if there’s room to add the second fan to the NH-D12L?

Reactions: bushonpen

cy-one

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2020
Will there be a way to get a spare front panel?
I'd like to make a mod with a big status panel LCD, but I'd still like the option to go back to a "plain" front panel. Especially if I fck it up :D

Reactions: Arboreal

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
Will there be a way to get a spare front panel?
I'd like to make a mod with a big status panel LCD, but I'd still like the option to go back to a "plain" front panel. Especially if I fck it up :D
funny, already had the same idea :-)
but as far as i can tell from all the various renders and the manual, i think there's not enough room behind the front panel to fit a display (even though they are pretty flat)

@dondan can you confirm that?

cy-one

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2020
Damn, that'd be a shame. Not that it would completely stop me :D

Edit: Though considering there's space for SSDs, there should be space for a flat screen, no?

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
I don't think the ssds are to be mounted directly behind the front cover, seems they are mounted (either one upgright or two above each other) inside the case.
see c4sfx_manual1.0.pdf (dan-cases.com) page 17 - if you look further on page 38/39 also the PSU needs to be fitted with spacers for the front mount, cause otherwiese the power cable would not fit. but i think we'll see once we've got hands on our cases :-)

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
Hey,
I just noticed that you are going to build more or less the exact same pc build as iam planning right now. Would it be possible for you to post a full list of components you actually needed (e.g. the fittings in which position)?

Iam not really into buying the expensive ek cpu block + pump combo. Where would i be able to fit a standard ddc pump in this case? it seems kinda rough with the left space which i would need for tubing aswell.

When checking your profile i landed on the page you uploaded loads of pictures. Did the block not fit onto the motherboard or is it just its weight pulling on it?

Thanks a lot,
Cheers.