DAN C4-SFX

Blubbblah

Cable Smoosher
Feb 18, 2022
If I add new pages to the manual i can only increase in +4 page steps. I will add two new pages for compatibility, one page for how to remove the middle part of the feets and one page is still unused for possible content. Any ideas?
Maybe recommendations for custom cable lengths? If you can already say what length the cables could have.

fish.ch

Caliper Novice
Jan 26, 2020
Power button / Type-c location haven't changed a bit? From manual it seems like it's not centered, but not clearly shown anywhere

Reactions: Rndrn

math4origami

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 27, 2022
How much clearance for top fans relative to size of gpu? I see "3.9 slots" and "2x 140 top fans", can I have both at the same time? How thick fans?

What do the different "GPU compatibility A/B" mean? PSU orientation/size?

Ahsoka

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 8, 2020
Who else thinks Dan Cases are jumping the gun with the 14L case? How many people are actually buying 4090s and to put in a 14-liter case when basically every other 14-liter case can fit aftermarket 4090s. I was really looking forward to-13-liter case and even then, it was right on the limit for me. This is the worst generation of gpus to be making cases bigger for in my opinion and by the time this comes out i wouldn't be surprised if the 50 series with there mcm design will be much smaller than the gpus we have now.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Who else thinks Dan Cases are jumping the gun with the 14L case? How many people are actually buying 4090s and to put in a 14-liter case when basically every other 14-liter case can fit aftermarket 4090s. I was really looking forward to-13-liter case and even then, it was right on the limit for me. This is the worst generation of gpus to be making cases bigger for in my opinion and by the time this comes out i wouldn't be surprised if the 50 series with there mcm design will be much smaller than the gpus we have now.
The market of people willing to drop $200+ on a case are the same demographic spending $1000+ on a GPU. Its not only the 4080/4090FE that the larger size will accomodate because now you can fit cards like the Gaming X/Suprim X as well as the Windforce and Palit models.

TBH I know the "its only a tiny bit bigger" has potential to never end until a case balloons but as he's demonstrated, the actual difference in footprint is minuscule and that is all that matters to me. In fact, I'm going to try and vertically stand this thing with some 3D printed base.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
The market of people willing to drop $200+ on a case are the same demographic spending $1000+ on a GPU. Its not only the 4080/4090FE that the larger size will accomodate because now you can fit cards like the Gaming X/Suprim X as well as the Windforce and Palit models.

TBH I know the "its only a tiny bit bigger" has potential to never end until a case balloons but as he's demonstrated, the actual difference in footprint is minuscule and that is all that matters to me. In fact, I'm going to try and vertically stand this thing with some 3D printed base.
How? Io pointed down?

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
How? Io pointed down?
Yes the A4-H2O made it easy since the 4 threaded holes used to accomodate the thumbscrews for securing the side panels during transit acted as the perfect location to mount a vertical stand. This doesn't seem to have that but IMO it's fine just resting on something designed sturdy enough.

I'm really just waiting for Dans vertical case and using a Cubeor Vault 2 in the meantime. I feel like these horizontal cases are a waste of desk space.

Reactions: riba2233

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Yes the A4-H2O made it easy since the 4 threaded holes used to accomodate the thumbscrews for securing the side panels during transit acted as the perfect location to mount a vertical stand. This doesn't seem to have that but IMO it's fine just resting on something designed sturdy enough.

I'm really just waiting for Dans vertical case and using a Cubeor Vault 2 in the meantime. I feel like these horizontal cases are a waste of desk space.
I agree completely! Vertical is the way to go. That’s why I hacked my Meshlicious to have the same basic structure as the C4. Please let me know if you draw something up that can be 3d printed. The C4 would be beautiful vertically. As for the B4 I haven’t seen Dan post much there so I am not sure if that one will ever get released.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I agree completely! Vertical is the way to go. That’s why I hacked my Meshlicious to have the same basic structure as the C4. Please let me know if you draw something up that can be 3d printed. The C4 would be beautiful vertically. As for the B4 I haven’t seen Dan post much there so I am not sure if that one will ever get released.
Yeah I mean so many people are obsessed in terms of liter size but for some reason not at all concerned with how it translates on a desk. Space wise most have way more vertical flexibility vs horizontal. I also think it looks way cleaner in terms of proportions next to displays and speakers.

The traditional SFF case market is really mature. At this point it's just different flavors of the same thing but I really feel vertical is untapped. H1, Meshlicious, and maybe 1 other are really the only options and they all have bad compromises (poor GPU compatibility, terrible bottom IO clearance, etc). Someone needs to come in with a design that does what the T1 did and basically end game it.

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
I guess increased size and compatibility could set the 14.7L model apart from other cases like the smaller T1 or the bigger NR200, better than the 13.37L could. I'd have preferred the smaller version as well, but I can see how the 14.7L case presents a stronger marketing point (although I wouldn't know if that directly translates to a strong selling point) than its unreleased sibling. I don't keep my hopes up for a future release of a 13.37L model if the 14.7L is already on the market; nonetheless, another option (even if bigger than what some of us had wished for) for SFF enthusiasts is always a triumph to be celebrated.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Power button / Type-c location haven't changed a bit? From manual it seems like it's not centered, but not clearly shown anywhere

It is nearly centered. I will keep it as it is.

How much clearance for top fans relative to size of gpu? I see "3.9 slots" and "2x 140 top fans", can I have both at the same time? How thick fans?

What do the different "GPU compatibility A/B" mean? PSU orientation/size?

If you install a 3.9 Slot card you cant add fans on top. If you install a 3 Slot card slim 140mm or 120mm fans will fit on top. In total you will have 80mm. If you install a 2.7 Slot card you can add normal height fans on the card.

At this point it's just different flavors of the same thing but I really feel vertical is untapped. H1, Meshlicious, and maybe 1 other are really the only options and they all have bad compromises (poor GPU compatibility, terrible bottom IO clearance, etc). Someone needs to come in with a design that does what the T1 did and basically end game it.

I work on a vertical case in sub 10L case that will be the pre successor of the A4-SFX.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
It is nearly centered. I will keep it as it is.

If you install a 3.9 Slot card you cant add fans on top. If you install a 3 Slot card slim 140mm or 120mm fans will fit on top. In total you will have 80mm. If you install a 2.7 Slot card you can add normal height fans on the card.

I work on a vertical case in sub 10L case that will be the pre successor of the A4-SFX.
Are you referring to the B4 or something of a new design? I’d personally love an option that adds to the meshlicious concept of moving the spine to allow for either water cooling or air cooling (see my imgur links above of my modified Meshlicious that I made a vertical C4 :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Are you referring to the B4 or something of a new design? I’d personally love an option that adds to the meshlicious concept of moving the spine to allow for either water cooling or air cooling (see my imgur links above of my modified Meshlicious that I made a vertical C4 :)

The design is different but similar to something you already know and love.

Reactions: D90

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
The design is different but similar to something you already know and love.

Can share more, especially whether the vertical case will use riser or riser-less? Also, will the mobo IO be on top or bottom? (personally I prefer top)