DAN C4-SFX

dyjsh.14

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2020
Why not make another case large enough to fit a 165mm height CPU cooler like the NH-d15 and call it the dan case c4 max? Then you can go tempered glass as its side panel and see how beautiful the parts are inside the case without worrying about it getting hot.

Here's what/how it would look like:

(c)Sliger S620 (I like the design of the Sliger case, but I prefer the looks of the dan case.)

Reactions: billy

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I already take into a product supporting a D15S, but the required width would be min. 181mm and this would look very fat and requires a case height of min. 300mm to look "slim". With this specs where are in the 17-18l class.

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
After using the Ghost S1 even a 160mm NCASE-wide case feels fat. With that said, I can appreciate the Ghost is severely limited and am willing to compromise case size to improve compatibility. However, I see no reason to increase size to accommodate an NH-D15 when the C4 already has rad support.

mecher

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2020
Like in the InWin A1?
Yes, like InWin A1.

Do you mean the position for full C4 compatibility? If yes my answer is yes.
I mean the nh-C14S with 140mm fan on top and bottom, and the power mount at front, and we can still mount the second 140mm 25mm fan at side. If yes, I cannot wait to put 5 14mm fan into a 13L case!

And I also think the logo look good, it made the case more identical.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Allright, that’s a lot of F5’s until Q4 ‘21… The Raw doesn’t really play well with my Raw, so I’m going to be needing a C4-SFX. 😀 Double-subscribed. Are you offering a mailing list of some sorts @dondan?

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Allright, that’s a lot of F5’s until Q4 ‘21… The Raw doesn’t really play well with my 3090FE, so I’m going to be needing a C4-SFX. 😀 Double-subscribed. Are you offering a mailing list of some sorts @dondan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kundahli

kkl888

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
@dondan, when you are about to launch Dan C4, could you enable Taiwan Post as one of the shipping options like Ncase? It would be cheaper to ship in the region I'm located.

dyjsh.14

Cable Smoosher
Apr 17, 2020
I already take into a product supporting a D15S, but the required width would be min. 181mm and this would look very fat and requires a case height of min. 300mm to look "slim". With this specs where are in the 17-18l class.
Hi @dondan! What's your thought about this? I flipped the motherboard 90 degrees so that the width of the case will be 175mm (170mm is the height of the motherboard plus the clearance you need for the PCIe riser). I got 275mm in height size for the case to fit a Noctua D15 CPU cooler. As for the length size of the case, I got 340mm, with a total of 16.3 liters. It's not accurately measured, but I think it's close to what the actual is. With this new layout, I made it possible for the case to look slim in a 16-l volume. I have no experience whatsoever in cooling a PC case. I think it's not bad.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
1.5mm is the thickness of the PCIe riser cable. The side panels are about 2mm thick (not sure tho). I think a 175-176mm case width would suffice.
You can't plan for zero clearance. That's ... well, at the very least, bold. Manufacturing tolerances are not zero. Insulation and wire thicknesses vary. Wires bend, and not perfectly either - and so on. So going with no clearance at all would in all likelihood cause bulging side panels, trouble attaching them, pinched wires, etc. And nobody wants their $80 PCIe 4.0 riser cable to be slowly cut in half by the motherboard tray squeezing it against the side panel, nor the side panel on their premium case not attaching properly.

Reactions: thelaughingman

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
1.5mm is the thickness of the PCIe riser cable. The side panels are about 2mm thick (not sure tho). I think a 175-176mm case width would suffice.
You need space for cables on both sides and leaving 0 extra clearance for a cable will cause a bulge on the side panel. I'd say the width should be 180mm minimum. At that volume, it's going to be really hard to compete with S620 and NR200.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Hi @dondan! What's your thought about this? I flipped the motherboard 90 degrees so that the width of the case will be 175mm (170mm is the height of the motherboard plus the clearance you need for the PCIe riser). I got 275mm in height size for the case to fit a Noctua D15 CPU cooler. As for the length size of the case, I got 340mm, with a total of 16.3 liters. It's not accurately measured, but I think it's close to what the actual is. With this new layout, I made it possible for the case to look slim in a 16-l volume. I have no experience whatsoever in cooling a PC case. I think it's not bad.

This looks cools, but I don't think a modified sandwich is the best for air cooling layout.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

Nice idea and a very high quality visualization. To be honest i also played around with this idea but with motherboard on bottom. A pcb based riser to the top and the gpu on top of the D15.

I think the front fans will not work because the area between front and fans are too thin. Two 120mm fans over the hight next to the motherboard and behind the gpu would work better as outtake.

Your idea has the advantage of installing two 280 rads if you do not use a big tower heatsink. I can show a simple drawing later this day to make it more clear.

Both layouts (your and mine) could be made in 177x250x329 = 14.6l

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
I'm not hugely averse to the current logo, it's certainly better than most, but I for one would vastly prefer a no-logo option for a cleaner look. It's one of the aspects I loved about the A4. Great work on this case. I'm currently torn between the C4 and the Raw S1, but leaning towards this as it seems to be much more versatile in terms of cooling. I also think it looks quite a bit better than the M1.

Question for the thread: Since the case is going to be made 15mm wider and will support air coolers up to 145mm, what would be the best air cooler option for the C4 in flipped orientation? Is there something that would beat the U9S with dual fans?

I would like to stick a 5900x in this thing, but also want the GPU cooling benefits of the flipped layout.

Last edited:

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
@dondan To the recent voted changes , is the larger gpu clearance (320mm length) on the traditional layout or is it still sandwhich only ? I have a 6900xt red devil thats exactly at that length