DAN C4-SFX

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
Thank you for the high activity on the survey. Nearly 1000 votes in total.

Would you buy the C4-SFX?
- 89% if i made changes or optimise the current version
- 11% not interested in

What changes to the case should be made?
- 40% made it 15mm more wide
- 30% keep it as it is with optimizations
- 25% make 12l pure sandwich
- 5% other

Would you buy the case without I/O like USB-A or USB-C?
- 56% i do not need USB
- 44% i need USB

So what will i do?
- i will make the case 15mm more wide
# gpu support up to 3slot 320mm length, 140mm height
# air cooling up to 145mm
# 280 aio support also with 45mm thick radiator

- i will make sandwich layout optional (you have to buy your own flex riser)
- gpu on top will be the new default layout
- the bottom is covered
- increase the size of the vent area on the side panels so the 280 rad will get more air
- remove the bar in the middle of the rad bracket for better airflow

- i will add one single USB-C next to the power button
- i think about removing the logo
will the 15mm more width allow for the EVGA 3080 FTW3 to fit in the classic layout now? if so i'll 100% be waiting for this case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Teduh: The new size will support cards up to an height of 147mm including the power and cable bend.
The powerconnector including cable requires 16-18mm. So the maximum height for the the card power socket is 131mm.

For cards like the Asus Strix the power connector is lower than the top of the card so it will fit, another example is the RTX 3090 FE where the connector is smaller an angled so 10mm is enough and the card will also fit.

Asus RTX 30x0 Strix

RTX 3090 FE

For the FTW3 the connector is on line with the 137mm height. So your card will not fit out of the box. You need low profile 180° angled power pcbs like this to fit the FTW:

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
@Teduh: The new size will support cards up to an height of 147mm including the power and cable bend.
The powerconnector including cable requires 16-18mm. So the maximum height for the the card power socket is 131mm.
For cards like the Asus Strix the power connector is lower than the top of the card so it will fit, another example is the RTX 3090 FE where the connector is smaller an angled so 10mm is enough and the card will also fit.

For the FTW3 the connector is on line with the 137mm height. So your card will not fit out of the box. You need low profile 180° angled power pcbs like this to fit the FTW:
Awesome, thanks for the info. With the adapter, it should be well within 147 then right? There won't be potential bulging like with the M1? Hypothetically.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Can't wait for this case! It was very clear that SFF cases are not there yet for a RTX3090 Founders Edition, so I moved that build to ATX. The 3090, especially the Founders Edition is just one massive heatsink, and it relies on case airflow to cool itself. The fans do their work to keep the die cool, but by doing so heat up everything in close range of it. With sandwich SFF cases, that's the underside of the mITX board, which houses the CPU, PCH, SSD, VRM, ... all in a couple centimeters squared.

So, this ATX build is only temporary, because the 3090 is too good to leave unused until a cool case like the C4-SFX arrives. Currently using a H510 loaded to the brim with Noctua 3000RPM industrial fans, it's loud, it's obnoxious, it's present, it's ... ATX.

So, I can't wait for this 12th gen to arrive, and then build the 3090 in this C4-SFX! Yeah!

aethyc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 19, 2020
Hello, will there be dust filters included similar to the M1 (same question about the A4-H20, I like both 😅) ?

lucinski

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2020
What's your thoughts on Dark Rock TF 2?

I believe he is referring to the Shadow Rock TF 2, in which case I am also very interested in the topic. The dilemma being whether the TF2 interferes with the PSU or not. Thanks!

And btw, kudos for deciding to go for the extra 15mm width. Consider me a buyer moving from an M1.

Reactions: DrHudacris

lucinski

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2020
Maybe a missed it, but will there be dust filters for this future super case? Preferably like the ones in the Ncase M1, which are super effective and magnetic.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Renders on the site & OT video shows no USB. You mentioned the addition of a USB-C despite the majority preferring it without. Any chance of a situation like the NCase where you can have with or without? The USB ports is all that is holding back from buying this over the M1.

Last edited:

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
Renders on the site & OT video shows no USB. You mentioned the addition of a USB-C despite the majority preferring it without. Any chance of a situation like the NCase where you can have with or without? The USB ports is all that is holding back from buying this over the M1.
Get your facts straight, "I don't need USB" doesn't imply "I prefer without USB ports". 44% who need USB ports + those who don't care would constitute the majority.

Last edited: