DAN C4-SFX

Vain

Case Bender
New User
May 3, 2020
Current button position at the top of front panel has it's own advantages. On Dan A4 the button is at the bottom of front panel and I must admit that I had hit it more than once by moving some stuff or by accident. Having it on top there is another possible disadvantage for me... I have a cat and she really likes that case... :D
I'm really liking the C4, great job Dan, but can you please have the button on the front for this exact reason. My cat has turned off my PC more than once because of top mounted buttons ;(

kamiKAZIK

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020
or........we can just have a button placed in the regular spot of where PCs have theirs placed. Front panel.
Totally up for meow edition... XD

On a more serious note, instead of that I would like to see different layouts.
A) optimized for dual-slot GPUs
B) optimized for tripple-slot GPUs

Not sure though how much space the A layout could save and if it would be worth bothering at all.

bwjohnson0

Chassis Packer
Apr 10, 2020
I've been creeping on this thread for a couple of weeks now. Honestly, I thought it was a slam dunk, but then "anodized" caught my eye and stringed me along elsewhere for a little. Updates/comments to the thread have started to pull me back though.

I'd just like to throw my hat in with a couple of the other users -
+1 for anodized options (at a premium) @jaeparku
+1 for button on front (no cat TBH, but I like the look)
+1 for no logo on front panel @ignsvn
+1 for USB-C on the front

I agree with ignsvn's comments, with the exception of button on top. That would make the front panel completely bare, and in my mind's eye that isn't ideal.

How feasible are costumes configuration options when ordering, even if this leads to longer lead times? For example, brushed vs anodized, silver vs black, logo vs USB-C, no I/O, I/O? I imagine it may be difficult to have stock of all these options, and at the end of sale, potentially end up with mis-matched/unused inventory.

Would it be possible to have interest check polls, then afterwards, tentative commitment orders that require an MOQ to make it feasible? I dont know enough about the backend of billing/manufacturing, but if I'm not mistaken this kind of ordering and sales practice is how MOQs are met in other communities. (geek hack)

Awesome work @dondan Really exciting design. Potentially checks all the boxes. Also, I realize how busy you are, so a simple "not feasible" or "I'll think about" are fine if I'm lucky enough to have to read this far in the first place!

Best regards,
bwjohnson0

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@bwjohnson0 I am not a big fan of offering a product with different customizations. As cool as it is for the customer as hard it is for a small company when it comes to CE norm conformity validation, WEEE registration and spar part logistic. I think an upgrade kit that includes front and top panel in the year after the release could be an option. I agree with you on the front. A complete blank front looks boring. There have to be a logo or button or both.

BTW: This case is anodized. I think you mean brushed vs sand blasted. This is the surface finish while anodize is the process of how it is colored.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Power button on the top looks tacky and out of place. For example:

But if you have it in the front panel, you can do vandal switches that you can see while sitting down. It also don't look "out of place."

I could agree but over a different aspect. I tend to leave books or boxes over the desktop. Well i have matx midtower which is not that bulky or too tall to stand on the desk. Some might argue that leaving books or stuff over the case might block the airflow but in my case, there are no ventilation holes so...but in the C4 case, things are different. I think the button on the top looks good as it gives the top panel a stealthy functional feature. Also, i think that ncase on one hand is a highly optimised case, so there is not much to discuss about it,... sliger sm550 on the other hand has a totally different design approach. All are great cases but different designs.

I would vote for the power button at the top and leave the front plain and seamless. It will probably be brushed so i think it would look better this way.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
a power button at the bottom area of the front panel where the logo is, and logo removed, would be amazing. I know its "standard" but it would look very clean on this case.

Anyway whatever decision is made, I think it will be a good case regardless.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Max Fischer Yes, it is and as you said it fits perfectly.
@irememberflick In sandwich mode the Strix will fit in traditional not.
@Dawelio: I should add a speaker in the carton that play a boom sound after open it.
@ignsvn:
1.) Custom Lian Li one with very tactical and short hub. I will have spare parts if something goes wrong ;)
3.) 10mm
4.) With a Dual Slot GPU three. Two at the bottom and one behind the front.
5.) No the current are 240*148*315. I added 3 Slot GPU support.

@thelaughingman: There is a 10mm gab between motherboard and top panel to clear the Lian Li Clips for the side panels. All panels are clips only. The space behind the front plate is necessary because the outer panel has round corners.
@Loxli: I think the U9S will perform better with two fans. I can tell more after thermal testing.
@kamiKAZIK: A dual-slot vs triple-slot GPU optimized layout will not save that much space, because the sandwich mode AIO area requires space that is bigger as a dual-slot GPU.

@All: Don't get me wrong I love cats but I would never make a power button placement decision based on this cat argument. Furthermore, why should someone allow his cat to sit on a $200 case O.O

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

C4 with C14S.

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

Last edited:

kamiKAZIK

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020
@dondan

This was exactly what I was anticipating in the beginning.Those few additional millimetres won't make too much impact and having more hardware compatibility will always be attractive.

P.S. The cat doesn't give a sh*t, she is the boss in the house and sees us as slaves... XD But we can survive the "cat" problem one way or another. Important thing is aesthetics.

Reactions: Arboreal

irememberflick

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2020
Thanks for answering if the Strix card would fit but is it okay if I ask for maximum gpu height measurement? Or is it too uncertain right now?

irememberflick

Cable Smoosher
May 10, 2020
Thanks for answering if the Strix card would fit but is it okay if I ask for maximum gpu height measurement? Or is it too uncertain right now?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@dondan

Thank you for the response.

So the traditional layout can also hold 3 slot GPU?

What's the max size of the GPU that will fit in the traditional layout?