DAN C4-SFX

absolutelyderek

Chassis Packer
Dec 25, 2020
derekgates.us

Hey @dondan , do i need to have an 18mm VLP memory to use a second fan on D12L or a normal 32mm RAM without the heatsink would work? Thanks!

I personally went with G Skill Flare for my Ryzen: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/396/1665021601/F5-5200J3636C16GX2-FX5

It is 33mm which makes it 1mm taller than what Dan has recommended:

dondan said:
I check it again it it look like it will also fit with LP-Ram (32mm height) if you do not use the aio bracket. So VLP (18mm height) is only required for second fan if you like to also use the aio bracket with a extra 140mm side mounted fan.

He is exactly right; 32mm is the max. My case pokes out a tiny bit (the 1mm) but isn't enough to bother me to find lower profile RAM or remove heatsinks.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I personally went with G Skill Flare for my Ryzen: https://www.gskill.com/product/165/396/1665021601/F5-5200J3636C16GX2-FX5

It is 33mm which makes it 1mm taller than what Dan has recommended:

He is exactly right; 32mm is the max. My case pokes out a tiny bit (the 1mm) but isn't enough to bother me to find lower profile RAM or remove heatsinks.

Many thanks for the reply, i missed the original Dan message regarding this and its quite a hassle scrolling 200 pages (4000 posts) to find this exact information.
Cheers!

Reactions: absolutelyderek

amar92

Cable Smoosher
Feb 20, 2024
I completely understand that Dan has a life too, and that its a lot of work to design, manufacture and bring a case to market, although we have to be honest, he put out a few cases already and knows with whom to work with etc... the lack of communication is the problem. He's been online here on multiple occasions and didn't reply to this thread in months, although we had a lot of suggestions and questions....

Looking forward to an update, although I'm very sure he's waiting to see how big the RTX 50 Generation of cards is gonna be, so I expect the case approx Summer 2025.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I completely understand that Dan has a life too, and that its a lot of work to design, manufacture and bring a case to market, although we have to be honest, he put out a few cases already and knows with whom to work with etc... the lack of communication is the problem. He's been online here on multiple occasions and didn't reply to this thread in months, although we had a lot of suggestions and questions....

Looking forward to an update, although I'm very sure he's waiting to see how big the RTX 50 Generation of cards is gonna be, so I expect the case approx Summer 2025.
I wonder if its PDA? That not a real diagnosis, but .. you know, a lot of us geeks are also somewhere located in the neurodivergent .. spectrum, for lack of better words?

On that note, dear @dondan - yes, life and everything, esp. nerds in a specialized forum, can be VERY demanding. BUT you always can ask for .. help, you know? If juggling tasks is too much at the very moment in life, redirection and dropping tasks onto others is a possibility, and very stress-reducing :)

Yeah, I am aware thats not an easy thing to do. And also, that people have different forms of communication. But well, at the end of the day, we here are NOT angry customers DEMANDING you to show at at X 'o'clock on Day Y with a specific solution to problem Z - I think most of us are very happy to help you out in any tasks that you might find overwhelming, despite the fact you want it to be done right.

On "do it right": Well, I think with all the people gathered here, there are quite a few who are insanely precise and meticolous however thats spelled, hyperfixate on a lot of details, and rake their brains about this detail or another feature that just doesnt sit right with them.

So, dont isolate and compress, expand and connect! :)👋

cu, w0lf.

Covuk

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2023
"Taps the sign"

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Xan-Z

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 18, 2019
I mean i understand the dilemma between 13.37L (ITX + 3Slot GPU up to 330mm) or 15.4L (ITX/mATX + 4.5 Slot GPU up to 340mm.

13.37L: risky, as maybe this don’t fit current AND next gen GPU’s. And even in the case next gen will be more compact, a lot of people who already has current gpu models won’t be able to use the 13.37L model, so a lot of potential customers are out of the purchase. If DAN launches this model and don’t fit next gen gpus this case would be dead. So the option for this case is to wait until oficial sizing of new gpus, launching the 13.37L model but letting out a lot of people who already as big-current gen-gpu’s

15.4L: safest, will fit current and new gpus, matx boards. Two liters more bur the safest option, this could launch at anytime (no need to wait for next gpu dimensions). A lot of potential customers as:
A) is the most voted option in the poll
B) a lot of people can buy it for new and old builds (case switch) nobody is out in this model.

I think going 15.4L is safer for current market state as it covers current and future hardware 100%. The other option is to wait and delay until 5000 series BUT at 13.37L 330mm 3slots a lot of current big gpus owners are out.

Those are my toughts

Reactions: Facteur and amar92

Facteur

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2024
I mean i understand the dilemma between 13.37L (ITX + 3Slot GPU up to 330mm) or 15.4L (ITX/mATX + 4.5 Slot GPU up to 340mm.
Well, the way you present the situation, there's no dilemma 😅
It's mATX all the way.

Ideally, Dan would release the mATX design ASAP, and then in 2025 the ITX one.
It's no small work, but both designs are pretty much ready from what I gather...

Sift5262

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 7, 2024
I think gpu compatibility is what should determine the next Dan C4, not m.atx support. If the 13.37L Dan C4 fits the next 5000 series, 13.37L would be amazing. No point to have a 15.4L model if the smaller one has good enough gpu compatibility. In the other hand, if the new gpus are still massive, no point to have a 13.37L case with bad gpu compatibility.

Matx support would he in 2nd place. If new gpus are very big, then the choice would be 15.4liters Dan C4 with matx support mainly because gpu clearance. But if they are smaller, it’s not worth to add 2liters more just for matx support.

A lot of builders are waiting to the new 9000x3ds and rtx 5000 so i wouldn’t mind to wait a few months more to see if we can get the smaller one, as i suppose it’s the size that fits the “purpose” of dan cases designs: smallest possible, with the best compability. 13.37L case with good gpu support would be unique, as we already have 15-16-17L cases with 4slot+matx mb. But we don’t have any under 14L case with good high end hardware support. We only can get that “unique case” if we wait for the new releases… and i suppose the job with the 13.37L case is already done and ready for production, so if new cards fits, then is a green light for me.

Reactions: rfarmer