I like to play a game 🤣

LTT style custom cables to the PSU!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Necere
You are right it is for a PSU mount and this will offer a epyc unique use-case.

And its made for LTT because he is one of the few out there that can give it a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: bushonpen

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hmm....

SFX PSU (not SFX-L) mounted that direction = lots more space for the motherboard. mATX layout for the adventurous? An LTT mATX, dual GPU (either slim or 1 each in the horizontal and vertical mounts) build?

Also, it's worth noting that this case is the first in a long time to get me to seriously consider going back to air cooled GPUs. Of course the great cooler on the reference 6800XT helps push me in that direction too. Has the benefit of me not needing to get a second radiator or GPU waterblock, I can run my Aquanaut + EK 240 PE as a DIY AIO. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Definitely attractive in terms of freeing up budget for a new case.

Reactions: dondan

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
So... the PSU mounts against the front frame, intakes air from the side (as usual) but now exhausts forward, behind the front panel, making the hole in question for the mains power cable.

But why? I can think only of this: so that, when flipped, the PSU does not exhaust into the case itself. Is that it, or part of it?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A sp3cial hint: Mounting the PSU this way enables a special compatibility with a component - What component iw this?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
the only advantage I see is that by rotating the PSU 90 degrees and mount to front frame, you gain back the volume up top that was not usable before because of the tall power extension plug. but IIRC it's only about 10mm in height (?) so not sure what can be squeezed in there haha

wait, ATX PS/2 PSU?

• Sad
Reactions: dondan

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Well, honestly I don´t know, but the measurements for sfx12v power supply with the 12vo intel standards, give these psus a 40mm fan on the side, so the whole psu would have a thickness of just 50mm which is more or less the same as the motherboard IO panel... giving the possibility to mount a very thick side radiator (unlikely, I guess) or some kind of vertical gpu with a non-standard cooling device which I´m not aware of, because that cooling device could go behind the pcb... using the extra room that psu could provide....... I don´t know, I´m completely speculating.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Ah. So squeezing ... a 64-core Epyc build into this? Sounds pretty cool :) Makes me wonder what motherboard they'll be using, as I can't find any SP3 motherboards smaller than full ATX from a quick search.