DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdullahQuan

Cable Smoosher
Apr 29, 2018
Here are some first shots of the C4-SFX made by Lian Li. I will get more the next days. Keep in mind, that the Window panel screws are not the correct one. Currently you see a acrylic sample of the Window Kit because the tempered glass version isn't done:

With best regards
Daniel Hansen

Will the tempered glass version also include the aluminium side panel as backup if you later decide to revert to vent holes due to heat issues?
Thanks

Reactions: Crysilus

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Loo
Here are some first shots of the C4-SFX made by Lian Li. I will get more the next days. Keep in mind, that the Window panel screws are not the correct one. Currently you see a acrylic sample of the Window Kit because the tempered glass version isn't done:

With best regards
Daniel Hansen
Looks great! Will there be tempered glass on both sides?

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018

With best regards
Daniel Hansen

Looks amazing, btw I thought the aluminum panels are going to be matte instead of brushed, is that correct?

Also, is it possible to make the cutout on the panel behind the front panel larger to support longer rads? Some rads have rounded corners and are therefore longer in the center so every mm counts.

Keep up the good work!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Everythink that is different to LianLis other cases will be very expansive. So I made the decision to go with brushed.

Increasing the size of the cutout will not help because the frontclips will block larger radiators.

@galletabah I will include two extra clips.

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
Everythink that is different to LianLis other cases will be very expansive. So I made the decision to go with brushed.

Okay, I understand.

Increasing the size of the cutout will not help because the frontclips will block larger radiators.
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean much larger.

The h80i, for example, is 3mm too long I think it might dodge the panel clips but not the panel.

Plus, like in the A4 some ppl may remove the panel clips.

It's just nice to have options, no worries if it's not feasible.

Last edited:

sonnyspoon

Case Bender
Apr 9, 2018

With best regards
Daniel Hansen

Acrylic is’nt better than tempered glass? I know tempered glass is much resistant than acrylic but more light.

Sidolin

Case Bender
New User
May 4, 2018
I would like to place the case on the right side of my desk. If I would like display my GPU, CPU etc. with the glass window, would that mean that the AIO must be on top? There doesn't seem to be any kind of panel/shroud for the AIO, it would pretty much be "open".

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
Well, disappointed about two things:

1.) The panel clips. Guess I'll have to stock up on replacing those. They don't last long at all if you like to tinker.

2.) Brushed aluminium... it's a seriously horrible dust and fingerprint magnet, and such a pain to keep clean. It was annoying on the M1, really hoped that we'd finally see a nice matte finish, ugh. If I have this thing on display on the desk, I want it to look nice - a pain when it looks like ass the second you touch it.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
Well, disappointed about two things:

1.) The panel clips. Guess I'll have to stock up on replacing those. They don't last long at all if you like to tinker.

2.) Brushed aluminium... it's a seriously horrible dust and fingerprint magnet, and such a pain to keep clean. It was annoying on the M1, really hoped that we'd finally see a nice matte finish, ugh. If I have this thing on display on the desk, I want it to look nice - a pain when it looks like ass the second you touch it.
As he says, anything else than what lian li are already doing will cost more, so brushed it is. If you're really that let down and seemingly like to tinker, why don't you just paint them or sand the brushed finish off?

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
I can't be bothered to do that. The clip thing is a minor niggle, it's 2.) that really bugs me and why I probably won't bother with the case anymore. It already costs an arm and a leg so I wouldn't have minded paying for the better looks.

Ah well.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I can't be bothered to do that. The clip thing is a minor niggle, it's 2.) that really bugs me and why I probably won't bother with the case anymore. It already costs an arm and a leg so I wouldn't have minded paying for the better looks.

Ah well.
I see your point. Also, if you didn't know, you can get new panel clips from sfflab

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I wonder that so many has bad experience with it since removement of the front panel will be not that often. Furthermore I only had 5 RMAs for the A4 from 5000 units for the clips.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I like to tinker with my Ncase and have had all the panels off many, many times and have yet to break a clip.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I wonder that so many has bad experience with it since removement of the front panel will be not that often. Furthermore I only had 5 RMAs for the A4 from 5000 units for the clips.
I think that many people just don't report it back when they break the clips... It's their fault too I guess... I've broken one of my eight, too.

emirmansouri

Minimal Tinkerer
May 6, 2018
Dondan is it possible to have:
1) an estimated date you will have this case on for purchase
2) sizes and dimensions for ordering the parts such as the GFX Card, Power Supply, radiators and so on
Thank you in advance for providing us with such a sought after product

Status
Not open for further replies.