DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danytx

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2018
I anticipate my congratulations for this fantastic case, I hope it is available in the shortest possible time, especially in Europe! If I can give my opinion, say that personalit is fontamentale to have in the I / O the input of headphones and microphone, it will be much more comfortable, especially for those who connected a 5.1 system in the back. I also tell you that it is more comfortable to have I / O on the side, because I do not mind the game that is created with glass "design", and both for convenience not to disassemble and mount I / O to reverse it, imagine the disaster that there will be a mini itx, if the idea of overturning it will come in the future, panic will happen. Help! It is also important to have the 2.5-slot version, I congratulate you again, and I assure you it will be a great success. on hold!
sorry for my english

Last edited:
Reactions: Arboreal

frankh

What's an ITX?
Mar 7, 2018
Maybe it is just my usecase but i only need front i/o for plug in a USB stick. So 99% of the time there is nothing pluged in. My headphone is pluged in over the backside because it looks much cleaner. Don't forgett this case is very small and is located on the desk so access the backside of the case is not a big deal. I love pure and elegant design like Apple products and in my opinion the top i/o is more elegant and the side i/o looks playful starship like.

Furthermore the top i/o is cheaper in production because i can use usb headers that already exists. (Saving tooling costs)

Even though I also like simple Apple-like design I think the design with the side io beats the top io placement 6-0. For me, the side placement feels better both for use cases and especially looks. Sorry to say but I might even go as far as saying the top placement makes me lose interest in the case after first seeing the side placement. Don't think the side placement looks starship like at all, the cutout just brings something special to the design while without it the case starts to look just like a box.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Even though I also like simple Apple-like design I think the design with the side io beats the top io placement 6-0. For me, the side placement feels better both for use cases and especially looks. Sorry to say but I might even go as far as saying the top placement makes me lose interest in the case after first seeing the side placement. Don't think the side placement looks starship like at all, the cutout just brings something special to the design while without it the case starts to look just like a box.

I fully agree with this.
The top IO and lack for side cutout removes the unique feel of the case to me, and also reduces my interest too. :(
I still miss the original 'separation band' design, but would be much more happy with side IO than top.
I have been really excited bu this case, and feel that something good is slipping away here.

Reactions: Metroversal

TommyKnuckles

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2018
Today I made a short rendering with I/O on top because I still like this design. I think it looks more elegant without the cutouts on the sides. For this test I used only USB3.0 type A and USB3.1 type C on the topside.
I know we already had the discussion, but what do you think?

Click for 4K

As much as I love how much cleaner the IO looks on top, I feel like its more convenient on the sides. If its set on your desk you wont have to stand up to plug stuff in? idk, Im all for this case though either way it goes.

Also an audio jack would be pretty baller, alongside a USB3.0 and Usb C

Note: The Dual GPU/CPU liquid-cooling looks like a life-changer!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Almidax's latest idea isn't bad!

What do you guys think?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
This design will not work.

Problem1: How should i attach the stripe
Problem2: The two front screws of the side panel needs to be on the same height as the i/o area.

I think of testing both side i/o and top i/o and make my decission on the real samples.

RollinLower

Cable Smoosher
Mar 7, 2018
my vote definitely goes to top i/o.

it's a very tiny case, so you really shouldn't need to reach far as opposed to side i/o.
it's not like you're reaching around an E-ATX enclosure here :p

it also looks so much cleaner!

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
I don't mind the top i/o as long as it has the audio jacks, and it won't be in the way for dual 120mm radiators.

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
This design will not work.

Problem1: How should i attach the stripe
Problem2: The two front screws of the side panel needs to be on the same height as the i/o area.

I think of testing both side i/o and top i/o and make my decission on the real samples.

My same thought as well once I saw the glass screws over the top of the AIO radiator. Personally I like the side I/O best. I would actually be placing this case to my right, but I would have the case turned 90° so that the glass faces out (towards me) with the back cables going to the right. Or I may flip it upside down, who knows.

RollinLower

Cable Smoosher
Mar 7, 2018
My same thought as well once I saw the glass screws over the top of the AIO radiator. Personally I like the side I/O best. I would actually be placing this case to my right, but I would have the case turned 90° so that the glass faces out (towards me) with the back cables going to the right. Or I may flip it upside down, who knows.

welp, this case is being designed to be able to be inverted 180 degrees, so i would definitely go for the flipped version instead of having all the cables facing towards you :p

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
welp, this case is being designed to be able to be inverted 180 degrees, so i would definitely go for the flipped version instead of having all the cables facing towards you :p
I think you misunderstood. The case would sit to my right side and the cables would be running from the back of the case to the right. So the cables actually go away from me. Towards a wall actually.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I will make a prootype of both versions and made my decission based on the real samples.

RollinLower

Cable Smoosher
Mar 7, 2018
I think you misunderstood. The case would sit to my right side and the cables would be running from the back of the case to the right. So the cables actually go away from me. Towards a wall actually.
ah, yes i misunderstood. sorry.

samer7b2

Case Bender
Mar 11, 2018
Hey Dan,

Keep the card behind the Motherboard . even if it costs more for the cable ... we ned the clean look of both sides , one with the Motherboard and LED RAM , LED water cooler , and the other side for the GPU... and the water cooler below or above.

You are making a huge mistake putting the GPU above the Motherboard.

More over MSI already made your design ... it is not original one.

MSI nightblade MIB

https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Nightblade-MIB

same design , GPU above mobo . dont go this way ..

we need over mobo CLEAN and Visible. and easy to add components and access memory and M2 SSD any time. putting the GPU above the Mobo is not a cool idea at all.

your original Idea of putting the card behind the Mobo was the best . dont change that at all !

here is the case IMO , both sides Tempered Glass cover .

Side one shows GPU

side two Shows Motherboard and RAM and M2 SSD..

all visible , Mobo easy to access any time.

and the water cooler , below or Above the case ...

DKsystem

Average Stuffer
Sep 13, 2016
Every choice comes with advantages and disadvantages. IMO I like the current arrangement since i can see all the parts from one side via transparent panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.