DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurkmoore

Case Bender
Mar 20, 2018
I want to preorder the A4-SFX v3, but I won't have a package-shippable mailing address until late June. Is there a way to preorder the case, but hold off on it being shipped to me until I have a working address?

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I want to preorder the A4-SFX v3, but I won't have a package-shippable mailing address until late June. Is there a way to preorder the case, but hold off on it being shipped to me until I have a working address?
I don't think this is the thread to ask this question. I would suggest sending a message directly to @dondan

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I see you're absolutely right; this is entirely the wrong thread to ask in. I'm sorry for my haste, and I'll message him as you suggested.
No worries! Wanted to be sure that your query was answered promptly.

Super jealous you are looking to pick up an A4!

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
@dondan Do you have a date on when we will see some physical prototypes, also will there be an early bird special discount for the kickstarter say for the first 100 cases?

sajjad7

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
Great work @dondan.
Just a question, is it possible to mount exhaust fan(s) (120mm, 96, 60 etc) (16 mm or more) on the top of C4 to forcing the hot air out for better cooling? Do you have any plan to include a bracket for it?

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
Looks like there's a storage cage up there, and the riser should be going across there too.
Eitherway, you want to actually be pushing air in from the top, not exhaust.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Looks like there's a storage cage up there, and the riser should be going across there too.
Wait. Why?
Hot air rises. And having fans at the top of a case would exhaust hot air easier than to fight having to force cool air into the case, right?

Reactions: renecop545

sajjad7

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
I hope that dan manage to place a bracket on top which one can choose to put whether a fan or a storage in it. It will be great!

And by the way, hot air has lower density (than cool air) therefore it rises. By putting the top fans as exhaust, you will complement the nature.

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Wait. Why?
Hot air rises. And having fans at the top of a case would exhaust hot air easier than to fight having to force cool air into the case, right?
While it's true that hot air rises, my vague recollection (i.e. I'll admit that I may be mistaken about the number) is that the airflow produced by hot air rising in a typical PC case is less than 1 m^3/h. As such, even the smallest, slowest fans will be multiple orders of magnitude more powerful, easily negating the minimal effect that hot air rising would have had in the case. Unless you're working on a fanless build (or have a partitioned section in your case that receives absolutely no airflow from fans?), it shouldn't be a concern.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can chime in or correct my number?

Reactions: cmyk78 and jtd871

sajjad7

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
While it's true that hot air rises, my vague recollection (i.e. I'll admit that I may be mistaken about the number) is that the airflow produced by hot air rising in a typical PC case is less than 1 m^3/h. As such, even the smallest, slowest fans will be multiple orders of magnitude more powerful, easily negating the minimal effect that hot air rising would have had in the case. Unless you're working on a fanless build (or have a partitioned section in your case that receives absolutely no airflow from fans?), it shouldn't be a concern.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can chime in or correct my number?

As you said the difference may not be so significant in regular cases, but, I think that it is notable that in the C4: If the bottom fans push cool/fresh air through the case, therefore by putting the top fan (lets hope there is one ^_^ ) as exhaust, the air flow will be better in the C4.
(just saying my opinion, and I think for the final conclusion we should wait for the real results by dan)

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I've always seen fans exhaust out the rear of cases and rarely ever off the top of the case. I wonder if there is a reason why.
Also I've seen aio radiators be top-mounted and wondered, won't it heat soak from all the hot air rising?

So ultimately, wouldn't a pair of intake fans from the bottom of the case in combination with a pair of exhausting out the top be very effective?

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
As you said the difference may not be so significant in regular cases, but, I think that it is notable that in the C4: If the bottom fans push cool/fresh air through the case, therefore by putting the top fan (lets hope there is one ^_^ ) as exhaust, the air flow will be better in the C4.
(just saying my opinion, and I think for the final conclusion we should wait for the real results by dan)
The bottom radiator fans are exhaust, through the bottom. They're too close to the surface to be able to effectively pull air in.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
The best cooling method it to put the AIO on top as an exhaust. If you put the AIO on the bottom as an exhaust their would be resistance from the support and you also gonna end with a pocket of hot air at the top of the case. If you put the aio as pull then you gonna fuck up the cooling of the gpu by avoiding it to get fresh air from the exterior due to the air pressure

whitey_au

What's an ITX?
Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys, new to the forum and only joined because of this amazing case.
I may be missing something, but I've read nearly every page and I can't see answers to the following questions;
  • Where is the link to the kickstarter? People refer to it throughout the thread, and I've searched for it but can't find it (here and on kickstarter direct)
  • Will this ship to Australia? I can't even see any local options for the existing A4 case, however there are a few on eBay for a crazy amount.
  • How much is it expected to cost?

I am extremely interested in moving to SFF, but I don't want to do a half-arsed attempt especially with the limited cooling options available in most on the market. This case meets all my tick boxes, and I'm bursting with excitement for its release!

Status
Not open for further replies.