DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

x740552

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2017
I don't like how the GPU covers the motherboard. Now-adays even the motherboards being manufactured are nice to look at, and I don't think many people would want crap blocking the view of their motherboard. Not to mention, you are making it unnecessarily hard to access motherboard components for trouble shooting and upgrading etc. I like the integration of the space for a 240 radiator, but you should keep the dual chamber layout the A4-SFX had and I would possibly replace my Ncase M1 with this. I am sure other folks would share my criticism.

There isn't really any beneficial attributes this case has over the A4-SFX V2. It still doesn't look as though you could do a custom loop and cool both CPU and GPU because of both getting in the way of each other, but I could be wrong. If you are just planning to use an AIO to cool your CPU, stick with the A4-SFX V2, because it can already do this is is 2 liters smaller.

dondan has explained the reasons. if you want dual chamber layout ,you can chose ghost s1.

Reactions: Arboreal

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
A first preview:

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 30, 2018
So is the tempered glass standard now? In terms of airflow the original sidepanel should be better. Especially for non-blower gpu's.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Would version be possible with crystal of tempered glass with ventilation?

it looks really good

I THINK he will use acrylic, just like he did with the window kit for the A4. I remember him saying on A4's thread that its not possible to offer a tempered-glass with vent holes. But im curious to see his answer on this too

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Dan, thanks for your most welcome update. I was getting worried, having heard nothing from you on the C4 development.
I'm keeping the faith, and quietly stuffing money into my C4 fund.
Keep up the good work :D

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Today I made a small test how a A4 design would look like on the C4. Do you like it or do you love the C4 design more?

I definitely like the difference in the C4 design to it having the A4 look.
It would be good to see this latest incarnation in silver please, Dan.

The C4 design look way better (at least to me)
I agree that the original design with the 'separation band' behind the front panel all round it looked really good.
That said, if there is a good contrast between the panels and IO strip, that would work well.
Graphite colour panels rather than black anyone??

No doubt, that's really great work; so relieved to see the C4 progressing.

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
Today I made a small test how a A4 design would look like on the C4. Do you like it or do you love the C4 design more?

C4 all the way! I love the current design and I can't wait to see how this case performs. Hopefully I can do a complete new build in this with the next gen of GPU's.

Can you remove the "Dan" logo? I'm a huge fan of logo-less consumer products.

I dislike many logos on cases, but the Dan logo is very sleek and minimalistic. I like it.

Reactions: Arboreal
Status
Not open for further replies.