DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Nicely done @dondan. The front face plate reminds me of the Antec NSK 3480, but better of course. I would buy this myself. I like the new layout, and that someone who doesn't use a full size GPU can instead throw in a larger CPU cooler.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I figured I was only supposed to vote once, so I use this forum instead of [H]

MerkuR

Efficiency Noob
May 31, 2017
@george5:
Than get these fans SilverStone FN123: https://geizhals.de/silverstone-fn123-schwarz-weiss-sst-fn123-a1179725.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
They costs only the half and have nearly the same air pressure.

@Redwaygg:
Yes Lian Li will manufacture it.
If you mean the Fractal Design AiO S24 maybe this could work.

@MerkuR:
The GTX 1080 Strix fits in the A4-SFX so it will also fit inside the C4-H2O because GPU compatibility is nearly the same.
I will aks LL about USB black ports
THe layout change will require a 3M riser and this will result in a higher price and longer production time.

Thanks for the explanation, the layout change implication seems perfectly valid and I don't care about it so much.

However, did you think about the default orientation comment? Maybe you could make a poll to let the people decide too:

Your original right side:

Proposed orientation:

PD: Voted in the poll, slim fans with thick rad all the way.

Reactions: Biowarejak

alamilla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 11, 2016
Voted.
Compatibility with 26-30mm rads + standard 25mm fans would be my ideal.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Reminds me of the Antec NSK 3480

Love the project as well, and I don't want to side-track, but what similarities do you see between this project and that old thing?! I struggle to see a single thing in common between them besides them having computers inside!

Hehe, just playing around - I built my dad a PC in that vanilla mid-tower Antec. Just thought it was funny - like comparing someone's new custom sports car to your trusty old Toyota.

(PS @Lone, I love your designs too!)

Reactions: Nanook

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Survey submitted. The Corsair One pc seems to have the best watercooling setup in an itx format in terms of sizing, imo unless you imitate that its pretty useless to try and make this already awesome design bigger, might as well just get an ncase m1.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The Corsair One pc seems to have the best watercooling setup in an itx format in terms of sizing
The Corsair One is decent for a prebuilt, but IMO much too parts-specific and difficult to build in for a DIY case. The AIOs used in the One, for example, have tubes that are customized to the precise length they need to be to fit with the motherboard and GPU. It's not possible to achieve that same level of space efficiency with off-the-shelf parts.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The Corsair One is decent for a prebuilt, but IMO much too parts-specific and difficult to build in for a DIY case. The AIOs used in the One, for example, have tubes that are customized to the precise length they need to be to fit with the motherboard and GPU. It's not possible to achieve that same level of space efficiency with off-the-shelf parts.

You're right @Necere ...
The Corsair One is able to accommodate 480mm x 120mm of radiator heat exchange at 13.4L (including feet and protrusions),
while the NCase M1 is only able to achieve the same by being 13.5L (including feet and protrusions). :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you for being part of my poll. Here is the result:

The result is very clear! The most participants like to use a radiator with a thickness of 28-30mm in combination with a 120mm fan with a thickness of 25mm. Like I handled it with the A4-SFX project I want to give you the chance to have influence on the final product.Therefore I increased the height of the radiator/fan chamber to 55mm. To stay under 10l I made the hardware chamber 2mm smaller. So the total case dimensions are: 127,5 x 242 x 323,6mm (W x H x D) = 9,9l

The new cooling chamber allows the following radiator configurations:

· 22mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 27mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 30mm thick radiator + 25mm fan
· 38mm thick radiator + 16mm fan
· 40mm thick radiator + 15mm fan

I am wondering that only 7% of the participants plan to use air cooling. Maybe the name of the product suggest that you only can use water cooling or the poll image in the threads looks like a only water cooling related poll.

Furthermore I never thought that 48% plan to install a custom water cooling solution. Because at the current state it isn’t clear that a custom pump will fit.

I did a bit of research to identify all custom water cooling radiators that will fit:

26-30mm thickness class:

· Aqua Computer Airplex Pro 240
· Bitspower Leviathan Slim 240
· EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240
· MagiCool 240 G2 Slim Radiator
· MagiCool 240D
· MagiCool Xflow Copper Radiator II

30-40mm thickness class:

· EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE 240
· Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power
· XSPC AX240
· XSPC EX240
· XSPC EX240 Crossflow V1/V2
· XSPC EX240 Multiport

Thank you for your help

Daniel

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Interesting result of the poll.

Just to add, according to dimensions that you provided me, a Koolance HX-CU720V will fit too.

Reactions: Biowarejak

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Loving this case Dan ! Amazing work !
I have just 1 question ..... will you have a dual slot PCIe riser that support bifurcation ? :D (please say yes)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I am sorry I will not include a bifurcation ready riser, because if you only use one GPU PCIe 8x is bad advertising. (Yes I know there is nearly no performance loss)

As I know there is a member on HardForum that is able to make a PCB that can do bifurcation. Maybe he is interested in making it for me as a accessoire for the C4-H2O.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@george5: I will start with Kickstarter and after that Caseking + OverclockersUK.

@ALL:
I am thinking of making the inner frame 2mm wider and reducing the thickness of the outer panels from 2,5mm to 2mm. This will result in a case with the following dimensions: 128,5 x 241 x 322,8 (W x H x D) = 9,99l
With these changes the case will support radiators with a width of 124,5mm so the Alphacool ones will fit. Furthermore all Alphacool based AiOs like the "be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm" will fit.

masteraleph

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 28, 2017

I am wondering that only 7% of the participants plan to use air cooling. Maybe the name of the product suggest that you only can use water cooling or the poll image in the threads looks like a only water cooling related poll.

I've been following the project, but didn't vote on the poll.

1) I do think that the product name suggests it's primarily for water cooling.
2) Despite your reassurances, I'm suspicious that air cooling is really a reasonable option, with the GPU in front of motherboard configuration. I'd love to be proven wrong. I've seen a few comments here and there to that effect- until you post actual tests, I think a lot of people are going to feel that way.
3) Unless the cooling is really, really a step up on other SFF cases, being 3 liters bigger than the A4, Sentry, LZ7, etc. is a downside for me, so I haven't been that interested, and didn't want to respond to the poll either.

Status
Not open for further replies.