DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeyrs

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 8, 2017
Also voting for C4-SFX. You get B4-SFX free if you decide to make something around 8.5L in between A4 and C4. Letters are good as size indicators A < B < C and so on for (eventually) larger cases. It's logical and easy to understand, also -SFX is good for standard indication and easy on PSU matching. As people stated earlier - ATX or other standards are free for larger cases.

Can't wait for this one, exactly what I was looking for - when will orders/production start?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
If you decide on the C4-SFX, be sure to make your principal communication about it very clear that it's the C4-SFX, so people will not be confused. It would be sad to see people skip it because they aren't as engaged about these products as others.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The fan question!

I am thinking making a special edition of this case with two preinstalled 2x 120x120x25mm fans.
So there will be one version without fans and a second version with fans.
Do you have a prefered fan that I should consider?

Last edited:

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Considering cost/performance, I would look into Silverstone, Cooler Master, Enermax, Scythe, Gelid, Arctic Cooling and Fractal Design (in no particular order).

Reactions: AleksandarK

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
EK furious vardar 3000rpm for 25mm, I think you dont have to add presinnstalled fan,
just let them pick their own fan, whatever it is, i think it's good for cost reduction iMHO

Reactions: AleksandarK

dagathon

Efficiency Noob
Sep 17, 2017
Noctua NF-F12 PWM. I know not everyone likes the brown/beige color scheme. And it's not cheap, though it does have very good noise/performance characteristics for SFF.

Nidec Gentle Typhoon PWM is a solid choice. It's usually more expensive than the Noctua, but doesn't have the color scheme downsides while performing a better, but slightly louder.

Arctic F12 PWM is a nice choice and it's really similar to the Noctua in performance and noise, but has it's own color issues. Not everyone is looking for a black fan housing with white blades. It is super cheap though. Like $7.50 on Newegg. It's got bang for your buck.

I'm with psycho88 though, whatever you put in there I'm gonna replace with a Noctua. I'd rather not have this collection of cheap fans sitting in my part bins, but I do, because they're perfectly wonderful fans for giving to a friend in need or in the case of one of mine dying.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
IMO, for something as small and compact as this you want the most efficient fan with lowest noise. Noctua all the way.

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
A special edition should come with Noctua, I think I misread it the first time...
If a buyer hates Noctua due to color scheme, they can buy the regular version.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Apparently there is an MOQ for Noctua black fans: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/381950-noctua-fan-linus-edition/
The F12 fans resonate loudly in a few setups when used as case fans because they are designed as heatsink fans, so be sure to test them first.

"Case fans" vs "heatsink fans" is misleading in most situations. Case fans are designed for high-flow operation and heatsink fans are designed for high-restriction operation. In case of small spaces and, specially, filters... you should only consider heatink fans as they will perform miles ahead.

---

In any case, I'd NOT feature the case with fans. People either have their fans because they already have them, or have the fans from the AIO they plan to use or whatever. You are simply increasing the price of the case for something people will not agree upon unless you get the fans at a hugely discounted price (like, say, the fans together with the case cost 50% less then separate).

Reactions: renecop545

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I agree with not including fans. I know that Noctua makes very good, quiet fans but I absolutely refuse to use them in my builds. I just can't get past the brown.

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I would recommend you to go with Noctua. If you reach MOQ and have an option to choose, try black color. Also, please ask them if they could make a black A series fans and they would(rumored to do so) outperform NF-F12 by a landslide. If people pair the included fans with the radiators, which i am sure that 90% will do, the F12 is not the best choice, it is outperformed by many. The best choice for radiators are GT typhoons. But i am sure that the new A series is aimed to outperform those and it will be best combination of both airflow and static pressure.

Corsair ML and EK Vardar EVO fans are also good choice if you cant get Noctua A`s.

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
I want to passionately but my support behind noctua as well. For something this small, and really niche, I think you have to go with the top of the line fans, because honestly, the vast majority of the time I remove case fans in favor of 3rd party fans anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.