DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konfigurator

Efficiency Noob
Dec 29, 2018
To show you some progress on this project. I like to share a screenshot out of my CAD tool with you:

I like the Design. It looks very elegant and clean.

Reactions: Woxys

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
The large tab in the back panel edge doesn’t bother me. It’s functional. If we must clean up the rear edge, an alternative would be to have all the panel rear edges be overhanging for removal purposes.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The large tab in the back panel edge doesn’t bother me. It’s functional. If we must clean up the rear edge, an alternative would be to have all the panel rear edges be overhanging for removal purposes.

I was looking at my Ncase and that is the way it is designed with all the panels having the same overhang and I think it looks fine.

DankBuck

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 11, 2018
This new design looks really beautiful, especially with all panels overlapping. Do they extend the frame the same lenght as the PCIe brackets?

Jozi

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 7, 2017
In the above design there's a horizontal panel gap under the top panel and bottom. Is this to accommodate a lip on the side panels?

My old Antec Solo is somewhat similar. The side panels hinge from the front and the back lip folds around the back and is screwed down with thumb screw's. This would get rid of the lip at the back

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Without protrusion you can't remove the cliped side panel. You need a small surface for your fingers.

Just an idea for removing the side panel without needing the protrusion. How about a panel removal “tool”?

I was thinking of something like a U-shaped piece of metal that would fit into two of the holes in the side panel and then be pulled backwards to move the panel back far enough to release the clips. I had to use a similar method to remove a Mac Mini motherboard if anyone is familiar with that process.

For the glass side panel a small suction cup could be used, similar to the one included in iFixit’s repair kits.

Based on the most current images, I do like the overlapping panels all being even at the rear of the case.

Hope everyone has a great 2019! - Year of the Dan C4!

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
I like having all the panels going past the rear of the case. It will help hide more cables coming out the back.

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
For the side panels, can you just have a lip on the bottom where you set the side panel in and just have the lian li clips at the top? That way it could be the same for the glass and metal panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.