DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmd

Case Bender
Dec 11, 2018
I have a Corsair 600t, I think the screwless is great.
How about some little plastic low profile thumb tab hook things?
not as aesthetically pleasing mind you, Just an idea because I would definitely lose a plastic ifixit puller thing lol

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Is it worth keeping the side I/O cutouts if your going for the top I/O setup?

The cutout looks very good in my opinion. I also like how it matches the design of the side panels' protruding lip.

Extending the panel also looks great. Can't wait to pre-order this.

Last edited:

dapperlilsailor

Caliper Novice
Sep 9, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered, but what are the advantages and disadvantages of hard vs flexible riser cable?

Here is list of advantages and disadvantages of both layouts:

C4-SFX classic Hardware Layout:
+ functional: Hardriser (future proof will support all PCIe generation, lower RMA quote)
+ functional/aesthetic: easy tubing routing for custom loops
- functional/aesthetic: position of AC power cable
- aesthetic: motherboard is nearly not visible and covered by GPU (Window Kit scenario)
- functional: hard riser blocks more airflow than flexible riser
- functional: hard access to some radiator screws because of mb-tray

C4-SFX A4 Hardware Layout
+ WOW effect is bigger because GPU and MB is visible (maybe bigger selling point on Kickstarter)
+ Clear separation of hardware zones (Window Kit scenario)
+ functional: easy access to all radiator screws.
- functional: flexible riser (error prone, future proof unsure)
- functional/aesthetic: complex tubing routing for custom loops

So you see both layouts have pro and cons. There is no argument that really makes one layout better than the other. So it is more a aesthetic or use case decision.

Reactions: schn1tt3r

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Thanks, another pro I see for flexible cable is its easier to get one down the line if yours fails I assume as any riser cable would work instead of one designed for one particular case.

wtd3933

What's an ITX?
Jan 3, 2019
The design looks amazing and so did the prototypes from Lian Li, not trying to be annoying but is there any indication of how far away you are from manufacturing? I'm quite interested in this little case.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
The design looks amazing and so did the prototypes from Lian Li, not trying to be annoying but is there any indication of how far away you are from manufacturing? I'm quite interested in this little case.

He posted something earlier about shooting for Q2 2019, but then retracted it saying he doesn't like to give timelines because they always seem to get pushed back. So i would say "sometime in 2019, hopefully".

HTerra10

Cable Smoosher
Dec 4, 2018
Hi, i like the initial design of the c4 sfx and currently waiting for the release and i was wondering if its possible to add the optical disk compartment like the ncase m1.
or if its possible to have somewhat of the Dan a4/ ghost s1 design??
also im for the side io and finally do you thing you think the best airflow design is having the radiator on top of the case?
this guy demonstrated this on the ghost s1 but i think its due to the lack of space on the bottom of the case

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, but why is there nothing on the bottom of the case? Looking at some of the renders and the prototype case, there doesn't seem to be anything on the bottom (like a grill, I guess)? The image I provide shows what I mean.

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
I may have missed this somewhere in the thread, but why is there nothing on the bottom of the case? Looking at some of the renders and the prototype case, there doesn't seem to be anything on the bottom (like a grill, I guess)? The image I provide shows what I mean.

On my new design for classic layout both panels have vent holes and not a big gutout.

Reactions: wykydtronik

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
Hey @dondan , I noticed theres nothing to cover the bottom of the radiator on the C4. Are you planning on adding something in the final design or will you leave it open?

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
I'm a bit confused as to what the final design will look like... just wondering if the GPU is going overlap/cover the motherboard (single or dual chamber design)?

Status
Not open for further replies.