DAN A4-SFX v4.1

thefiend1

Trash Compacter
Oct 6, 2017
Hey guys,

Is there a distributor for the Dan Case in the USA? I was originally looking at the ncase but just came across the Dan Case and im really liking how it looks :)

Im going to be doing a completely new build from a giant case to m-itx form factor with the new i7 8700k 6 core and the 1080 graphics card. One thing im concerned about though is the temps. I do alot of 3D work with long render times. Curious how it would handle all of it.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
AFAIK, unless you can find somebody willing to do a private sale stateside, you will need to order from Overclockers.co.uk or caseking.de the second they drop (if anything like the 1st campaign, they will sell out in minutes) and pay international shipping.

Min_Ahn

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017
Hello,

To begin with, forgive me if I'm at the wrong place to ask such question.

I purchased (placed a preorder) Dan Cases A4-SFX v2 on OcUK in July,
and I was informed that the scheduled distribution will be held in January of 2018 from the staffs on OcUK as well as from @dondan .

I kind of forgot about this preorder until I received this e-mail titled "Your order has been shipped" today from OcUK.
Yes, the e-mail has shipping information and tracking number for A4 v2, which got me very very skeptical.

It's only October now, and I never expected to receive the item 3 months ahead even before the Kickstarter backers.

Here is the screenshot of the e-mail.
It doesn't indicate the item that it's V2 but there's an announcement on OcUK,
" **ALL EXISTING AND NEW PRE-ORDERS OF THE DAN CASE WILL RECEIVE THE REVISED v2 MODEL ** "

So... am I the first? or should I question its legitimacy...

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Last month I send 50 cases to Caseking and it looks like they send some cases to OverclockersUK (Caseking and OCUK are one Company). These 50 cases are A4-SFX v1 cases that I had in stock for reclamation. But the reclamation rate was so low that I sell it to them. The original plan from Caseking was it to make a prebuilt system under the label of the overclocker 8pack. It looks like the ship some of the cases to customers that preordered the A4-SFX.

It is impossible that this is a V2case because they are still in production and will arrive in January 2017. As I know from a private message that I got from a OCUK customer they add a small white sticker on the case to easy scan this cases for the shipping process. On this label they write A4-SFX V2, but this is wrong on the carton is printed that this is a V1 case.

Sorry for that trouble but it is not my mistake.

Regards
Daniel

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017
Hi - I can confirm the same has happened to me as Min_Ahn…

I actually received a delivery from Overclockers today - I was really surprised to be getting so early…
I was on high-alert to a potential issue - and unfortunately not disappointed - the packaging indicated v1 and I did not even open package.
Contacted Overclockers… and to be fair to them - they have provided a RMA code and I have already dropped it off for pickup…

There appears to have been an issue in 'warehousing' - and I think it is being sorted… they are definitely aware

There remains a bit of an unknown for me - unfortunately - as to where I stand in the 'order/queue' when suppliers eventually arrive in UK - but hope to resolve that with Overclockers.

Obviously unfortunate for Dan - as it reflects on his 'brand' - but definitely nothing to do with him.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I'd say that unless you want the V2 for one of the changes, hold onto the V1 and negotiate with OCUK for a credit to cover the mistake. It could be cheaper for them to do this than RMA it back to their warehouse if you are outside Europe.

Reactions: Min_Ahn

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017

@dondan I contacted OcUK customer service multiple times and they still aren't giving me a clear answer. In the meantime, the package is on its way all the way to United States! Could you contact them and sort this out on behalf of your customers who preordered for the V2?
I have sent a webnote to OCUK this morning - I have suggested that they stop shipping any v1 they have - it would be in their best interest to do so! I have also pasted a link of this discussion thread - hopefully that will encourage them…

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
My best guess would be that the 50 v1 cases Dan delivered to Overclockers UK have the same part number (part code used by OC UK) as the v2 part number, I imagine they were booked into stock under that part code and their system automatically fulfilled the first 50 pre-orders and the cases were shipped back out to customers same/next day.

I will ping over a message to see if I can get any more info.

Reactions: Min_Ahn

Min_Ahn

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2017
**Reply from OcUK**
In case you're in the same situation, here's the protocal you should take according to OcUK

Dear Min Sik Ahn,
Thank you for your webnote,
Sorry for any inconvenience caused in this instance, I have looked into this for you and I can see that when your order was initially placed it was the v1 that was ordered, however I appreciate the comments made regarding the v2 which you expected to receive. We will contact DHL to arrange a return on this item, however it if processes through the network and a delivery is attempted please refuse the shipment. As soon as the item is returned we will process it through our returns system and a replacement order for the v2 will be actioned and sent once we have stock available for you, you will also receive an RMA confirmation to confirm the above.
Regards,

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

bennyGrose

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2017
@dondan I just pre-ordered my dan case on OCUK (so excited!!!) and I was wandering, will you also be offering the windowed side panel kit on there as well at some point? Will it be available to preorder? If not through OCUK, is there anyway to get a window kit if you did not partake in the kickstarter?

sicdae

What's an ITX?
Nov 2, 2017
Hi guys
I have a question
I missed kickstarter and pre-order on OCUK
Is there any way I can get this case?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry no. This card is 2.5slot. It will only fit in the new C4-SFX.