DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Multiplexer

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2019
Neither Dan's website nor SFFLAB have V4 spec listed making me reluctant to pre-order. When will the page be updated with the full spec detail and picture? I would like USB-C and need assurance what I am ordering will have it.

Will the case cut out be USB-C or USB-A with a USB-C connector. It is likely to be the former but again I need assurance

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Neither Dan's website nor SFFLAB have V4 spec listed making me reluctant to pre-order. When will the page be updated with the full spec detail and picture? I would like USB-C and need assurance what I am ordering will have it.
Man, are you in a kindergarten? Just use the SEARCH button. There are TONS of posts with the SPECS.

Multiplexer

Efficiency Noob
Mar 28, 2019
Man, are you in a kindergarten? Just use the SEARCH button. There are TONS of posts with the SPECS.

I am fully aware this thread have the spec, but I would like to have the spec listed in the official page or the page where I click buy. Do you place an order with Amazon if the Amazon page does not clearly state the item spec or description? Do you go to a car dealer and purchase a car without first reading the spec of your purchase in the contract?

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
You have 2 choices :

Pre-order now : Pay first, read after and cancel if needed. First arrived first served.

Order later : you really know what you buy. It could be too late and out of stock when the time arrives and you'll have to wait for a new delivery.

Reactions: fabio

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

Will the case cut out be USB-C or USB-A with a USB-C connector. It is likely to be the former but again I need assurance

I wait for the pictures of my photographer. After I got them I will update my website.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Here are some pictures of the A4-SFXv4. The updated web site will be online this week:

With best regards
Daniel

jadehawk

Case Bender
Apr 1, 2019
You only need to order the 120mm AIO bracket if you need it (It will be available in April on SFFLab). Everything else is included.

Already Pre-Ordered so this is mute point. However the option for buying the AIO Bracket should have been available at time of pre-order (You know like the choice of color..).
I do not understand why you must wait till the release to purchase the optional parts.
Why not make the choice part of the Pre-Order Process?

This forces the customers to:
  1. Wait for the Pre-order case to arrive (Happy to do this)
  2. As per @dymaxion , SFFLabs reply that optional part (AIO Bracket) will be available with free shipping so this 2nd point is now useless Will strike it out but don't know how [strike out==> Pay Another shipping fee (This is BS) and wait some more for the AIO bracket to arrive (BS again).]

Anyways, It is what it is...
The case looks amazing.
Thanx Dan for making this tiny case available in the first place.

Last edited:

dymaxion

What's an ITX?
Mar 6, 2019
No need to rage! I emailed sfflabs a while ago about the bracket. Here's the polite reply.

Thanks for reaching out!

We will offer that bracket at a later date with free shipping. So it shouldn't matter for postage.

Cheers.
– Dan

1. Pay Another shipping fee (This is BS) and wait some more for the AIO bracket to arrive (BS again).

Reactions: jadehawk

jadehawk

Case Bender
Apr 1, 2019
No need to rage! I emailed sfflabs a while ago about the bracket. Here's the polite reply.

Thanks for reaching out!

We will offer that bracket at a later date with free shipping. So it shouldn't matter for postage.

Cheers.
– Dan

@dymaxion Not raging here my friend.. Maybe it did seem like it but I am not, just pointing out what I think are issues.
However with the info you provided, the only issue left is having to wait for the extra part on a separate shipping box LOL.

Thank you anyways for the good info on what SFFLabs said about shipping fees.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Hey, @dondan, what sort of modding would be required to back-fit the AIO bracket onto a v2 case... just drilling some holes, or more involved surgery?

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan is there a complete list of changes for V4, last one I found was from Dec '18 and just wondering if that is all up to date or there have been changes since then.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
@dondan Quick question because I can't see this in the photos: How are you implementing the reinforcing metal backing for the kensington slot?

Swoti

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 28, 2018
Can somebody explain to a sff noob what riser is needed for and what I should choose in which scenario Thanks a lot

Francis37

What's an ITX?
Apr 2, 2019
@dondan, first of all, thank you for your amazing work, I've been looking for a small case for a while and found yours, I find it amazing !
I'm european and I'd like to know when the V4 will be available on CaseKing.de ? And also if you know at what price in €uro it will be ?

Thank you very much.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
I don't think you can. Or, at least it's not referenced as a standalone. Since on the pic he seems using Vlp Ram, imo under the black ridge he's using a 120mm fan and he's put the black ridge fan under the mobo (to show us it can fit 15mm fan).

Dixie_Flatline

Case Bender
Apr 2, 2019
Damn, those photos look slick as hell. Still haven’t decided on a cpu for mine, so those upcoming tutorials will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!