DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Cheerio

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 5, 2019
Hi all,
Am thinking about trying to fit a Meanwell EPP-500 (https://www.meanwell.com/webapp/product/search.aspx?prod=EPP-500) with 12V power distribution board + 12V picoPSU to run a 2700X+1080Ti. Would like to use a 120mm AIO (currently thinking Corsair H60 with NF-A12x15 - 27mm radiator, 15mm fan) on the CPU.
I've made a mockup:

Left (panels hidden)

Left (panels shown)

Front (panels hidden). Note the clearance between radiator (right) and top of case

Top, showing exhaust space to left of radiator fan

Case CAD files are out of date, they're for a v1 and I've just preordered a v4. @dondan, do you publish schematics or CAD files?
It looks like there'll be 2mm clearance around the Meanwell unit to add a shroud; the Meanwell will be mounted to the case bottom with some short standoffs.
Does this all look reasonable? Is the 120mm radiator able to be mounted where I've shown it? Are there going to be any issues with power button / front panel clearance?
Additionally, the Meanwell supply is only rated for 500W with 25CFM horizontal airflow passing through it; it's rated for 320W without active cooling. The CPU/GPU shouldn't consume more than ~400W at full load. Any ideas for cooling the Meanwell unit?
So many questions! :confused: Any help would be really appreciated.

Killinger

Average Stuffer
Jun 25, 2018
@dondan Will it be possible to route the 645's tubes _beneath_ the ram sticks, or do we still have to use low profile ram for it to fit? :)

Unfortunately the 545 and 645 tubes are very short. I doubt it wouldnt be possible unless they added an extra 5 or so inches to the tubing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only change between the 645 and the 545 is the tubes on the radiator side now have the ability to rotate.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Unfortunately the 545 and 645 tubes are very short. I doubt it wouldnt be possible unless they added an extra 5 or so inches to the tubing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only change between the 645 and the 545 is the tubes on the radiator side now have the ability to rotate.
Actually, if I remember well, the tubes should be a bit longer, now the tubes on the radiator side not only are swiveling but also 90 degree!
And the pump is the new 6th gen. But @AseDen can say more on this!

xak

Efficiency Noob
Sep 24, 2018
I see various retention kits available on OverclockersUK, anybody know what retention kit (if any) comes with the pre-order from sfflab.com? I don't recall any options...

EDIT: Nevermind, I see this on the product page:
Includes both Intel 115X and AM4 retention kits.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
On weekend there will be a tutorial how to add a fan durct to the L9a/L9a this will lower temps ~ 7°C.

Did this happen? Is there a video or pictures? I saw your website which has the 3D print file. Is the duct supposed to be added on top of the L9i with longer screws?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@omardesu: Yes I updated the website yesterday. Yes the durct is for the L9i/l9a. The heatsink comes with two sets of screws. If you use the fan duct you have to use the longer screws.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan Thanks! I haven't actually opened the L9i box yet. Actually, all my components are sitting in the US waiting for me to pick them up while I'm working in Taiwan. I'm also waiting for the V4 to ship to my hotel! Now it's time to find a 3D print service in Taiwan right now for the duct!

Also, I saw the template for the V4 window kit on the site as well. I have a guy that can make them at his shop pretty easily, but what would I need to mount it to the case? Are the 4 holes threaded? Can I just screw standoffs in or do I have to use nuts to secure them?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@omardesu: As I write in the tutorial section they are threaded so you have to buy 4x M3 screws for every window panel. If you like you can also use M3 stand offs to get more space.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan Ahhhh! Thanks. I didn't get that far down in the tutorials once I had expanded the cooling section. Do you have any opinions about glass with standoffs? Would it severely hinder air intake?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes it will without cutouts, but if you use a normal cpu & gpu it will work ;)

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
I updated www.dan-cases.com with all information about the A4-SFXv4. Furthermore I updated the tutorial section under FAQ with some helpful guides.
Very nice.

If you like to test this solution temporary, cut the tights of your girlfriend and span it over the fan.
This part sounds funny to me lol XD

Unfortunately I can't test this temporary solution as my girlfriend doesn't wear tights.

And also, I don't have a girlfriend XD

Reactions: dondan

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019

Joseph24

What's an ITX?
Apr 10, 2019
Alright, finally got my g-unique brick so I was able to rebuild the system with a Corsair H55 + NF-A12x25 instead of the Asetek 545LC + NF-A9x14.
What an improvement temperature wise...

Best decision ever !

The ADT LAB cable is a huge improvement over the Lian-Li one in my opinion.

The G-Unique installation was kind of a challenge as I wanted a 92mm noctua at the bottom but the plug length was to long. It's still kinda bent and has some pressure on it but seems to be working...

To get this to work, I added 2 small spacers between the case and the plug connection.

Hope it holds. Otherwise I might just cut into the fan housing to make it a more comfortable fit.

Did you fit in a SFX PSU in there too?