DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Shochan

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2018
is there any better option for an AiO than the Astek 92er? (I don't want a 120mm AiO and that weird PSU or a shorter graphics card)

Shipping cost and time are very high...
Idk where you live but overclocker.co.uk has the 545lc also but cheaper and it comes with a retention kit, a 92mm fan (Its 25mm thick though) and thermal grizzly kryonaut. You need to get screw yourself though.

Reactions: Alexander

K-philip

Cable Smoosher
Jul 18, 2018
Hi everyone

New to this forum and The small formfactor community.
Youll have to excuse my bad english.

My future config:
Dan case A4 v3
Gigabyte Z370N wifi
I5 8600k (non overclocked)
16 GB ram
Corsair SF600
M.2 ssd and 2.5 ssd
GTX 1060 3gb

The question.

I am about to buy an Dan Case A4, but im a bit confused over The CPU cooling part. Dan cases States that a 48mm Cooler is The maximum hight, so i Think im choosing between The cryorig c7 cu or The noctua l9i. On paper The cryorig is The most efficient cooler, but if i replace The A9x14 fan on The noctua l9i With an A9x25 fan i get 50% more airflow and 47mm of total hight. Has annyone Tried this sollution? And there by know if it is better than The cryorig c7?

Last edited:

tydanbear

What's an ITX?
Jul 18, 2018
Hello everyone! I'm new here.

So I just bought the Dan A4 case, really stoked about it being my first custom PC.

Here are some specs that I'm considering at the moment. I will be using this machine as my gaming rig, and also to run CAD and 3D rendering for work. No plans for overclocking.

Intel 8700 / Ryzen 2700
Reference 1080Ti
32 GB Ram
Cryorig C7
1TB SATA SSD
Corsair SF600

One thing I'm still contemplating is the CPU. I definitely wanted a higher performance chip, so I was looking at i7 8700K. However, reading through this thread I have seen members advise against using the 8700k or even the non k due to insufficient cooling in this case. I read about delidding the intel chip, undervolt and other remedies others have previously suggested to reduce the i7 temperature, but I would prefer not to tinker with the system as a newbie.

My question is, since Ryzen chips are soldered, and delidding is not necessary in the first place. Does that make it a more suitable choice over a stock i7 chip in a small enclosure like the Dan A4? Is air cooling sufficient for a 2700 in the Dan A4 or even 2700x? If I really have to opt for water cooling, which 92mm AIO is best for the case? I saw in one post that G skill Ram is too tall to run with AIO tube, what is the maximum height of RAM I should be looking for if I'm considering to use AIO with the side panel closed.

Thank you and best regards.

Exclemator

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 24, 2018
I'm really sorry if it gets asked often, but what cooler is this? I'm seriously looking to get rid of my Asetek 545lc (don't like the look, and planning on a 120mm rad some time in the future). In the meantime though, I'd like a beefy aircooler like this one, so can anyone tell me what it's called or maybe give me a suggestion on something similar? Thanks in advance!

Were the temps on your 545lc ok or are they also the reason for your swap?

iker42

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 29, 2018
All finished up sans my pslate custom cables that should be here in August.
Build List:
i7-8700K - Delidded by Silicone Lottery
Noctua NH-L9i
Corsair SF600
Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
32GB Corsair Vengence RGB 3000mhz (Did not want RGB or 3000 but they were on sale for Prime Day)
ASUS ROG Strix H370-I Gaming (Again, wasn't planning for RGB but board came with it)
MSI 1050ti 4gb LP - This was a carryover from my 7 year old Optiplex 990 SFF

So far so good, temps look okay and overall such a clean compact build.

Last edited:

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
Just a general follow up question on cabling in the A4-SFX v3. I thought I had read somewhere to go with smaller cables than what comes with the Corsair SF600 PSU as standard. Can someone suggest the brand and type of these smaller cables?

AlsaceFiris

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2018
Hello
I would like to have some information about this case (although I still hesitate with the C4), currently I have a Cooler Master H500P (excellent case) but I would change it for this one so I'm going to ask a few questions.

Cooling level is it very good? Can I install a Noctua NH-L12S Low Profile?

Level graphics card, standard cooling (founder edition) is it better than a cooling custom in this case?

Level cable management is it easy or must we take this time? I already do that but I know that the Corsair SF600 with rigid cables

overcookedTOFU

What's an ITX?
Jul 22, 2018
Just finished my build with R7 2700x and Asetek 545lc. My idle and load temps seem high. Can someone give me a quick sanity check? I am seeing idle at ~55c via Ryzen Master and under load temps will go up to limit at 85c at 3.7 ghz. After that I start to see it throttle back to prevent overload after about 10 minutes if load continues. Thanks!

b1ackwid0w

Caliper Novice
Jul 24, 2018
I have my dan case equiped with cryoig c7 CU with a delided 8700k running 1.2V 4.4GHZ with AVX -2. I run it under clock due to stability and temerapure issue. It has been a broiler on my desk. However I found my 8700k runs at 50C on average at daily office use with side panel off and 56C on average with side panel on. How can a side panel has such big influence on the temperature control.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I have my dan case equiped with cryoig c7 CU with a delided 8700k running 1.2V 4.4GHZ with AVX -2. I run it under clock due to stability and temerapure issue. It has been a broiler on my desk. However I found my 8700k runs at 50C on average at daily office use with side panel off and 56C on average with side panel on. How can a side panel has such big influence on the temperature control.

Well.. a sidepanel partially covers the airflow above the cooler, so it would cool worse.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Just a general follow up question on cabling in the A4-SFX v3. I thought I had read somewhere to go with smaller cables than what comes with the Corsair SF600 PSU as standard. Can someone suggest the brand and type of these smaller cables?

The new platinum series supposedly now comes with the previously separately available cable kit, which is still available from Corsair at their website.

Cane

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Our prayers was heard!

It looks like that the die and heatspreader of upcomming i9 9900k (8 core chip) will be soldered. This will result in great temps inside the A4-SFX.
Wow, thats great news. Altough I am kind of annoyed now because I just could have waited for another generation instead of delidding ^^ Do you know If theres any difference between soldered chips and liquid metal?
Especially is it only the 9900k? Or is the whole Gen going to be soldered?