DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Is it possible to remove scratches from the exterior side panel?

Technically... you could strip the anodizing off then apply a new anodizing layer with color in its place, but most people dont have the hardware or wearwithal to go that route. Plus, it would be difficult to get the exact shading right.

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
So I just ordered the Dan case v4. Can't wait for it to arrive in Australia ?

Looking for mobo recommendations.

Currently looking at Asus Rog Strix B450/X470, is there a better alternative to use with these other parts:

Ryzen 7 2700
WD Black sn750 500gb M.2 NVMe + 2tb 2.5" hdd
Vengeance LPX Ram 16gb
Alpenföhn Black Ridge cooler

Thanks

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Just for everybody from Germany...Caseking listed the Dan A4 V4 since yesterday and it should be available around the 12.06.2019 which is a bit later then I wished it to be, but should be a nice timeframe for the new RYZEN 3000 series to be launched aswell! ;) Great timing! <3

Reactions: Dazr87

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
Just for everybody from Germany...Caseking listed the Dan A4 V4 since yesterday and it should be available around the 12.06.2019 which is a bit later then I wished it to be, but should be a nice timeframe for the new RYZEN 3000 series to be launched aswell! ;) Great timing! <3
Hoping mine will ship on the 24 may from sfflab ?

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a Cooltek LP53 on a z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC ?

As we can see here there are two big heatsinks at the top and bottom of the socket, and I'm not sure if the heatpipe will touch or go above them..

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a Cooltek LP53 on a z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC ?

As we can see here there are two big heatsinks at the top and bottom of the socket, and I'm not sure if the heatpipe will touch or go above them..
Based on some quick googling, that cooler should fit as the dimensions are from the 4 holes for the mount and the heatpipes dont exceed that distance.

It will be close but neither should have much radiative heat transfer between them.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Based on some quick googling, that cooler should fit as the dimensions are from the 4 holes for the mount and the heatpipes dont exceed that distance.

It will be close but neither should have much radiative heat transfer between them.

Are you sure about that ? Because I found a review showing that the heatpipes exceed the distance of the mount to the point where they start touching the memory stick in the first DIMM slot..

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
im not the first to do this. its simply a 10mm fan up top and and 3d printed bracket.
im most likely gonna try fit a noctua 14mm fan up top by maybe, juts maybe vandalizing my case. but well will see when i get all the parts

I have some 80x80x10 el-cheapo aliexpress fans around and I'll try printing this bracket and test it in my v3.
I have the ADT cable (same as v4) so if this barely fits, it'll be damn hard to fit a 14mm when the motherboard is mounted higher compared to the v3...

Also, I'll be dusting everything out, check the RGB connections as something is going crazy in there and take some new pictures...

Reactions: Thanakun

Cardant

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2019
I'm about to build in the A4 v4 I just received this week, still waiting on a NF-A9x14 to go under the motherboard (and some pslatecustoms cables but it shouldn't arrive anytime soon).
Anyway I was wondering if the 645LT should suck in fresh air from the outside of the case or use hot air from the inside of the case?
I'll have 3 90ish mm fans pulling air into the case with the RTX 2070, and probably the fan under the motherboard pushing air out of the case.
Ideally I'd like to create negative pressure to get more fresh air into the case through the vents.
Drawback is that I'll probably get more dust into the case, I might buy some dust filter to counter that.

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
There's no difference between the left and right side internal demciflex filters for the Dan case is there? Just wondering why they're labelled as left and right and also can I fit them internally with the Alpenföhn Black Ridge without any interference?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I'm about to build in the A4 v4 I just received this week, still waiting on a NF-A9x14 to go under the motherboard (and some pslatecustoms cables but it shouldn't arrive anytime soon).
Anyway I was wondering if the 645LT should suck in fresh air from the outside of the case or use hot air from the inside of the case?
I'll have 3 90ish mm fans pulling air into the case with the RTX 2070, and probably the fan under the motherboard pushing air out of the case.
Ideally I'd like to create negative pressure to get more fresh air into the case through the vents.
Drawback is that I'll probably get more dust into the case, I might buy some dust filter to counter that.

Fan should be pulling air into the case through the radiator.

Reactions: Cardant

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
I believe the most common consensus is to have the 645lt suck air Into the case as that gives an improvement to CPU temperatures.

However, this does technically make the inside of the case slightly higher pressured than outside the case, meaning GPU temperatures will take a negative hit in response as the GPU has to also suck air in but has to do so against the pressure. Not insurmountable but it happens. But then you also have to factor that not a lot of GPU's use a blower style fan anymore, meaning they just dump their hot air into the surrounding environment, leading to that same air just recirculating and getting warmer and warmer.

Heat rises but against a fan it is going to take a signifigant gradient to have a measurable effect.

So in summary,

Pulling air in gives better CPU but worse GPU temperatures,
whereas Pushing air gives better GPU temperatures but worse CPU ones.