DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
How do you post something on this forum - only option I see is to post a reply. I just joined the forum. Got my Dan case A4 v3 today.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Lol. I guess I just did? I like how they shipped it within another box. Now how do you post a photo?
You have to first upload a pic to a image hosting site and then post the link here.
I myself am using Imgur.
You may or may not want to open an account with Imgur. If not, just click the upper left green '+ New Post' and then upload the pic there and then copy the link here.

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
You have to first upload a pic to a image hosting site and then post the link here.
I myself am using Imgur.
You may or may not want to open an account with Imgur. If not, just click the upper left green '+ New Post' and then upload the pic there and then copy the link here.
Thanks tinyitx. I must be blind - I do not see a green new post tab on the upper left. ??

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Alright, I have a question.

At the moment I'm rocking a DAN-A4, obviously, with a (delidded) i7 7700K at 4.6 Ghz. Next week I'll be putting a Asetek 545LC on it in combination with my Corsair SF600 Platinum so everything will be well stuffed together.

Now I have ordered a new, compact PSU so i'll be having room for a 120mm AIO.

Anyone can recommend a good 120mm AIO that will fit ? I'm looking to use a black noctua fan on it so the included fan doesn't really matter...to me...

Anyway, I like the kraken for example but it bothers me the "logo" on the cooler would be upside-down or sideways. It even bothers mee the MSI logo is upside down on my motherboard so I'll be looking into fixing that.

Beside that, I don't like the expandable AIO system where there are quick couplers in the tubing (like the EKWB, Alphacool, ...) models.

Now I know @AseDen will have somethingh to promote and I'm open to that. But I'd like to see some other suggestions that would fit and cool as it should.

Keep in mind, I'm running a EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 in my DAN-A4 so I am limited in depth...

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018

At the moment I'm rocking a DAN-A4, obviously, with a (delidded) i7 7700K at 4.6 Ghz. Next week I'll be putting a Asetek 545LC on it in combination with my Corsair SF600 Platinum so everything will be well stuffed together.

Anyone can recommend a good 120mm AIO that will fit ? I'm looking to use a black noctua fan on it so the included fan doesn't really matter...to me...

Anyway, I like the kraken for example but it bothers me the "logo" on the cooler would be upside-down or sideways. It even bothers mee the MSI logo is upside down on my motherboard so I'll be looking into fixing that.

Beside that, I don't like the expandable AIO system where there are quick couplers in the tubing (like the EKWB, Alphacool, ...) models.

Now I know @AseDen will have somethingh to promote and I'm open to that. But I'd like to see some other suggestions that would fit and cool as it should.

Keep in mind, I'm running a EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 in my DAN-A4 so I am limited in depth...
If I remember correctly Optimum Tech ran a test with a 120mm AIO, and actually found that the Asetek 545LC was more efficient, then the 120mm.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
If I remember correctly Optimum Tech ran a test with a 120mm AIO, and actually found that the Asetek 545LC was more efficient, then the 120mm.

Well, I've been wondering if that would be the case, so when I would stick to the 545LC, I was thinking about some other things like would it perform better in push-pull config, fan under rad drawing cool air from the exterior blowing it through the rad into the case, or just as it is, with a thicker 92mm fan on it.

I am creating some spare space with a different PSU so I'm looking into options.

In case of 120mm AIO, the rad would be on the motherboard side in my build so I can see where the PSU might be blocking air in his case, decreasing performance...

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com

I just wanted to clarify, that while I do work at Asetek. My main goal is to be the liason with the community. Naturally I hope you'll buy Asetek products (well duh!), but I will always do my utmost to give you clear and unbiased answers. We all want the same thing - high performance water cooling ;)

As for 120mm suggestions. I get that the logo upside down bothers you - I feel the same way!
I don't remember the tube length on the Kraken X42, but I'd imagine you'd be able to have it flipped the correct way? Afterall it does use our universal mounting bracket.

Looking further into 120mm AIO's I guess the only way to get a significant performance upgrade would be going push/pull. But then, you'd be able to do that much easier with the 545LC as well, which would, if using another PSU, give you a significant bump in performance as well, due to the nature of no longer having very restricted airflow over the radiator..

Anyway, just my ten cents - because I'm no Jay ;)

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I just wanted to clarify, that while I do work at Asetek. My main goal is to be the liason with the community. Naturally I hope you'll buy Asetek products (well duh!), but I will always do my utmost to give you clear and unbiased answers. We all want the same thing - high performance water cooling ;)

As for 120mm suggestions. I get that the logo upside down bothers you - I feel the same way!
I don't remember the tube length on the Kraken X42, but I'd imagine you'd be able to have it flipped the correct way? Afterall it does use our universal mounting bracket.

Looking further into 120mm AIO's I guess the only way to get a significant performance upgrade would be going push/pull. But then, you'd be able to do that much easier with the 545LC as well, which would, if using another PSU, give you a significant bump in performance as well, due to the nature of no longer having very restricted airflow over the radiator..

Anyway, just my ten cents - because I'm no Jay ;)

Thanks for the awesome respons AseDenTenCents... ;)

I'll be getting a second noctua fan then to get a push-pull config.
If it weren't for the long GTX1080Ti I'd stuff in 2 redux fans but I guess I'll have to go with the low profiles ones :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@PeGys: If you are using a 120mm AIO and something like q Q-Uniq or HDPlex PSU (see the build of @fabio) you will get better performance vs 92mm AIO. If you use a 120mm AIO together with SFX psu and a short ITX GPU the temps will be better on 92mm AIO.

VS

Here are some 120mm AIO options:

Here are some options:
  • Thermaltake Water 3.0
  • Corsair Hydro Series H55
  • NZXT Kraken M22

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
@PeGys: If you are using a 120mm AIO and something like q Q-Uniq or HDPlex PSU (see the build of @fabio) you will get better performance vs 92mm AIO. If you use a 120mm AIO together with SFX psu and a short ITX GPU the temps will be better on 92mm AIO.

VS

Here are some 120mm AIO options:

Here are some options:
  • Thermaltake Water 3.0
  • Corsair Hydro Series H55
  • NZXT Kraken M22
SO you suggest going to a 120mm setup when using a g-unique PSU even though I'm rocking a full size gpu and only have a free depth of about 6cm, having the hot air from the rad blow onto the backplate of the GPU instead of keeping the 92mm aio blowing air up into the case..

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
SO you suggest going to a 120mm setup when using a g-unique PSU even though I'm rocking a full size gpu and only have a free depth of about 6cm, having the hot air from the rad blow onto the backplate of the GPU instead of keeping the 92mm aio blowing air up into the case..
Well, Yes, I think is better. And also the 92mm, anyway, will push the air against the cable and the PSU. But the 120mm is bigger, and take fresh air fully from outside. The bottom mounted 92mm has limit on that position