DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Dan was sick last week which delayed shopping to backers

ImperialAlex

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2016
Dondans sickness apparently delayed the shipping. :-)
Dan was sick last week which delayed shopping to backers
:( That sucks for the backers (and obviously for Dan!), I just hope that the backers won't get too mad if they end up receiving the case after somebody gets their case from retail.

I didn't back the A4 when it came out because I didn't want to order it just to find out that it was no longer a good fit for my use case by the time it came out. Interestingly, exactly that has (sort-of) happened for me: I'm now so used to my ~5L L2 that going back up to ~7L, especially with a significantly larger footprint (I've got lots of z-Height to spare, but depth and width are a bit more of an issue).
Combine that with the fact that you can now buy a flagship GPU in (sort-of) mITX length and the A4 isn't the 100% obvious choice I used to think it was. It's still very, very tempting, though. I'll see how I feel about it on Wednesday...I fear I might end up "having" to buy it anyway ;)

I guess I've really caught the SFFever and won't be able to stop until I've squeezed every ml of wasted space out of my build XD

Rusty McFot

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
Well the countdown is now at zero.

Hooray!

But Overclockers UK has bogged down, and I can't complete my order.

Dammnit!

Last edited:

MvKeinen

Caliper Novice
Jan 17, 2017
Dan, I dont know if this is of any relevance to you, but I had this thought since I,ve been looking for a case for a friend and stumbled over the A4.

Have you considered Club Live VJs as a target group for promotion? Your case is JUST PERFECT for many of them. They do realtime 3D/2D rendering in reaction to the Audiostreams and literally cant get enough 3D horse power. To make it look better, you just throw a couple of thousand polygons in and you can easily ask too much of any laptop there is. Nice thing is also its a growing field, many nerds.

They need their own PC and cant relay on the clubs equipment, because software is just too individual. So it needs to be mobile.
Cooling has to be very good (hot clubs), but noise of the fans isnt an issue.
I dont really know how or if promotion works in your case. :-) but this might be interesting to look in.

Tallgeese

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2017
I'm trying to get one of overclockers site also, but a no go. Wish I could just throw some money at Dan so he gets 100% profit, lol

Curlyriff

Chassis Packer
Jan 30, 2017
The cases sold out in 6 mins on Overclockers so well done to Dan although I suspect that another few thousand are needed sooner rather than later ;)

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Still waiting on shipping notification, unless I missed it.

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
I'd missed that post, thanks for the link.
Really appreciate all the hard work he's putting into this. <3

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Still waiting (patiently) for my notification. (IN, USA) OTOH, I still haven't firmly decided on a motherboard.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Received my notification Feb 11. However, still no update on the DHL site since then. Has anybody outside Germany seen the DHL tracking page get updated, or does it just arrive at your door with no warning?

Curiosity

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2016
Reactions: Phuncz

Isomer

Trash Compacter
Feb 10, 2016
Is anyone waiting for their case planning to buy/make custom cables? I'm considering ordering some custom length cables from cablemod.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I got my shipping verification today which means they should be shipping out shortly.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I should post this here too:

Still to be done:
- Swap NHL9i for LP53 with Noctua fan
- Swap i5-6600k to i7-6700k (it's a minor upgrade, but the deal on the CPU was too good to refuse)
- Swap 980Ti for 1080 (after adding the EVGA thermal mod kit)

Might shorten the power cables at some point, will need to get a crimping tool first.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
DHL sez that my case has been processed in the destination parcel center. Does that mean my case is in the USA?!! Look out wallet, parts purchasing is imminent!