Cutting Skyreach 4 Mini to fit the Scythe BS2 Rev.B - 58mm?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
As an update to the post im trying to scout out places that can professionally cut it for me.

if you have money to pay for all that, then there should be no issue with my solution.

i still think you're going to ruin your SkyReach case.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
if you have money to pay for all that, then there should be no issue with my solution.

i still think you're going to ruin your SkyReach case.
I know but - while your solution (I appreciate the alternative offer) it would require me to make an american friend on SFF Forum to ship (not to mention the 15mm thick fan vs 12mm thick would make the case be almost off the edges of the case - it would also not fit in my backpack if I wanted to take it elsewhere) -

In regards my activity on the forum - I generally float here from time to time - so its technically not possible. If I were to decide to cut it - I was considering to add a aluminium grill & filter to protect and blend the fan into the cut out a bit - or if I have to spray paint the sides or the whole fan - silver if needed.

Last edited:

Krauthaus

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2018
This is very intersting; I am very curious where your journey will end:D

Did you ever thougt on a cnc-drilled alternative heatsink? You could make a recess for the fan and spread the original horizontal size for euqalization. There are some maker spaces around my place where you can find some serious cnc mills to work with aluminium or even steel; maybe you find some around you. (mostly in big cities)

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
This is very intersting; I am very curious where your journey will end:D

Did you ever thougt on a cnc-drilled alternative heatsink? You could make a recess for the fan and spread the original horizontal size for euqalization. There are some maker spaces around my place where you can find some serious cnc mills to work with aluminium or even steel; maybe you find some around you. (mostly in big cities)
im in australia - I may just leave it like that and leave the case loose by the edges - but it'd like to cut access so it can be used closed as I plan to get a HDPLEX 400W AC DC + protection of the heatsink and fan as I tend to take it to my friends house once a week - hence the thought of cutting it. However it could change so it may just sit there so cutting wouldnt be benefical

Last edited:

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
update - I've went back to the Cryorig C7 and consider leaving it at stock for now.

Considering I also frequently pack in my bag & sometimes I take my ps4 pro as well so it would basically squash the heatsink had it been cut - But I could be putting them in a separate bag (logic).

So for now until I can cut it or decide further if it's worth doing it.

Last edited: